Note to New Members ×

Summit & Eagle County Carving 2010/2011

fin

All right baby, with A-Basin getting crapped on it is time to get this scene going. Honestly, I am not usually interested to make turns until it gets real good but lets get the chat going.....

Sound off/reply to this thread so that you will be subscribed and get an e-mail when a post goes here.

post-1-141842324134_thumb.jpg

Went up to Abasin today. Best October snow I have ridden on. It was pretty crowded and the snow got bumpy real fast but that did not bother me as I rode my Burton 164 Alp and did not try to make long turns across the hill. The new lift is real nice and was made right here in Colorado. Had to wait about 15 minutes in the single line per run. Rode until about 3 and then bagged it as my legs were getting tired. Ram rod is supposed to be open this weekend. Hopefully they are going to have some of the upper mountain open as well in the next week to 2 weeks? Of course that is if it stays cold? I imagine it will be stupid busy on the weekends until more terrain and lifts are open. I have Sundays and Wensdays off and will be going Wensdays only until things are better. Ride a short board for now and have fun!

It is somewhat crowded at Abasin. Rode there today and had fun again. Short board Oxygen 164. Rode with Shredder Jen. She will be up on Thursday as well. It was not as crowded as last Wensday. It s going to be busy until more terrain and lifts open up at Abasin and other resorts. Just ride slower and do short radius turns down the hill and don't try to carve all the way across the hill when it is busy. That is why I ride shorter boards this time of year. I also look around while I am riding to avoid hitting people. Again the shorter board is eaiser to ride and will let you do this when needed. Sometimes it is good to stop and let the run clear a little bit. Doing short radius turns right down the fall line is good practice for riding moguls and steeper terrain when it becomes available.

Sad to not be part of the Summit County Crew this year.

I will however be out for a few guest appearances.

Not sure on dates, I am tentively plnanning on a week before SES, and then SES all in one trip.

I need to get out there ASAP tho...

It's just not gonna be the same without you this year, Ace. :(

Looking foreward to seeing you pre-SES!!! :biggthump

I need a snow fix.

Just booked some air to come out Thursday November 18, 2010, maybe catch an hour or two at Abasin if I am lucky.

Ride Friday, Saturday, half day Sunday, more than likely at Abasin everyday, possible Loveland Sunday.

Leaving Sunday November 21, 2010.

Come out and RIDE!

Who is in?

<!-- / icon and title -->Tried Keystone today. What a joke! 1/2hr wait at the only lift. Once on the snow, just wanted to get down the hill without getting hit. Glad I was on a regular snowboard though. Did one run, then headed to A-Basin. NO COMPARISON! - Parking, better snow, no lines, new high speed quad, familiar lifties, and a Snowman sighting!

Cat and I hope to be at the Basin again tomorrow - this time in hardboots,(Cat on skis).

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome day for my frist day on snow this year, and for the first time since blowing my knee. Man what a great day!

Rode Copper today, with Fin, Sean and the Snowman.

Here is THE clip of the day!(sorry for the profanity, but you can see why)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxiCjL5Qq9E?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxiCjL5Qq9E?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...