Note to New Members ×

3M Clearbra on snowboard

ZetaTre

sell a nominally similar self-adhesive transparent film. I tried it on a board about five years ago. Complete waste of time and money. It did not work very well against the worst scratches and nicks and did not protect the side walls and edges of the topsheet at all well.

I put 3M just in between the bindings so my Fintec's wouldn't scratch up my boards. It works well, you just need to cut it about 1/4 of an inch narrow than the board, this way when the board is on angle snow doesn't get under the 3M.

Clever idea - does this also prevent the grime that works its way under the elastomers from grinding up the deck under your bindings? I hate that whenever I move my bindings to a new position I can forever see where they used to be.

I asked this question when I had the 3m clearbra put on my car. He said he doubted it would stand up over time due to the snowboards ability to flex, which would cause the film to start peeling, but if it were cut up into a few sections to allow for expansion/contraction then it might hold up.

It is pretty stretchy stuff. I doubt that flexing of the board would cause it to come off. I would think the biggest problem would be a tendancy to peel if you run it right up to the sidewall.

If you don't like it, just take a hairdryer, warm it up & peel it off.