Note to New Members ×

25° years on board.....66& the carving of the beast

matiu68

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a little videoclip for my 25°........

Is that Andrea Matteoli? Remember me? Martin, the black guy you used to coach in Les Deux Alpes!

Good times... I remember us sitting on a chair between training runs and a guy firing lots of questions at you (trying to find out if you were any good), finally ending with "whats your name?". You just pointed to the graphic of your signature on your pro-model Mistral...hysterical, I nearly wet myself!

I will always remember you as one of the pioneers of the skinny symetrical GS board and the man who finally beat Martin Freinadametz, the 'Beast from Austria'.

Congrats on 25 years, I celebrated mine too...plus the 50 milestone. My vid is attached to my signature.

Take care my friend,

Martin.

Great video, Matiu!!! You and Ross are awesome riders! A pleasure to watch.

I WOULD have to see such a stoke-ifying video just when summer is about to begin...ha ha. You made me SERIOUSLY contemplate using some of my Alaska Airlines miles and go back up early, just to wind-up the Hatcher Pass season!...or Hood Meadows or Blackcomb or ANYWHERE!!!

I don't know if it's you or Ross, but that striped suit at 02:50 or so should be ILLEGAL!!

Martin: Nice pavement slalom!! When I started skating, my friends all pretty much went to the "park" (basically a shut-down empty rec center pool where they had plywood tables and 1/4 pipes set-up), but I found my own world just enjoying slalom-style turns on a neighboring street. When I started getting into cones, some of my friends thought that was ultra-gay, but I didn't give a rip and just enjoyed it...even on the cheap, wide-urethane wheeled, Sears-Roebuck plastic GT decks (yeah, I admit it...I was a GT guy!! ha) and homemade decks I rode. I just enjoyed the flow of the turns. To this day, I've never been good at a kick-flip.

Turns...be they on snow or pavement, are a physical poetry.

Is that Andrea Matteoli? Remember me? Martin, the black guy you used to coach in Les Deux Alpes!

Good times... I remember us sitting on a chair between training runs and a guy firing lots of questions at you (trying to find out if you were any good), finally ending with "whats your name?". You just pointed to the graphic of your signature on your pro-model Mistral...hysterical, I nearly wet myself!

I will always remember you as one of the pioneers of the skinny symetrical GS board and the man who finally beat Martin Freinadametz, the 'Beast from Austria'.

Congrats on 25 years, I celebrated mine too...plus the 50 milestone. My vid is attached to my signature.

Take care my friend,

Martin.

ohhh yes mate is me, How are you? where are you now? I'm stil in Bardonecchia in the winter, and in NZ inthe winter too, long time ago L2alps.

hope to see you somewhere, cheers mat

Great video, Matiu!!! You and Ross are awesome riders! A pleasure to watch.

I WOULD have to see such a stoke-ifying video just when summer is about to begin...ha ha. You made me SERIOUSLY contemplate using some of my Alaska Airlines miles and go back up early, just to wind-up the Hatcher Pass season!...or Hood Meadows or Blackcomb or ANYWHERE!!!

I don't know if it's you or Ross, but that striped suit at 02:50 or so should be ILLEGAL!!

Martin: Nice pavement slalom!! When I started skating, my friends all pretty much went to the "park" (basically a shut-down empty rec center pool where they had plywood tables and 1/4 pipes set-up), but I found my own world just enjoying slalom-style turns on a neighboring street. When I started getting into cones, some of my friends thought that was ultra-gay, but I didn't give a rip and just enjoyed it...even on the cheap, wide-urethane wheeled, Sears-Roebuck plastic GT decks (yeah, I admit it...I was a GT guy!! ha) and homemade decks I rode. I just enjoyed the flow of the turns. To this day, I've never been good at a kick-flip.

Turns...be they on snow or pavement, are a physical poetry.

that striped suit at 02:50 or so should be ILLEGAL!!........was the uniform of the snowschool, I know it's very ugly. hope to come to Alaska riding some powder, maybe next year......cheers mat

ohhh yes mate is me, How are you? where are you now? I'm stil in Bardonecchia in the winter, and in NZ inthe winter too, long time ago L2alps.

hope to see you somewhere, cheers mat

Cool! I am living in Park City, Utah...I'm still teaching, I did 130 days and around 800hrs of lessons. next winter I'm going to come out of retirement and do a little 'social' racing!

See you somewhere on the planet...

Take care,

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome vid. Looks like I missed a lot in couple of weeks of not checking in much. matiu-sweet powerful carves man. Reminds of what I could almost (but not quite ) do back in the day. I went to a couple of qualifiers for PGS but never finished. Good run, bad run. Oh well.

Sorry then if my comment .....

Don't believe you dude. You troll around and call someone boring because you don't know what ripping riding is.

My Grandma had a saying that went something like this. If you don't have something good to say....shut your piehole. Which means you get can't away with being a negative nancy all the time and then go "it's just my opinion" opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one, but we don't need to see and hear it all the time.

FWIW - I love to watch the vids of Casper and think he truly excels at what he is doing. But I don't sit there and say well he is only going half as fast as race carve that's boring. Do you get it Valsam?

On your softboots? Are you truly implying that we are discussing the same thing here?
I laughed.
If the elbow is dragging, do you concider that a racing carve or an EC carve? (or are you one of the intolerant types that is in denial that you can't carve in softboots?)
Depends on if you are going fast or pushing a pile of snow in front of you. Sometimes racers drag elbow, that is usually slower though.

And you absolutely can carve in soft boots, and you can absolutely not carve as hard in softies as hbs. Just the facts.....

Did you usprosnow really get banned?? Dang he barely made it a month.

I for one am thrilled to see some of you guys like Mati and Martin posting on here. Ross are you out there??

These guys have paid their dues and don't need **** slingers like some of you chipping in like you know what you are talking about when you really don't have a clue.

I for one am thrilled to see some of you guys like Mati and Martin posting on here. Ross are you out there??

These guys have paid their dues and don't need **** slingers like some of you chipping in like you know what you are talking about when you really don't have a clue.

I laughed. ;)

I've already said it here but great riding.

I've watched the clip quite a few times now. I like to replay sections at a time to see if I can pic out what is happening. There's some pretty cool stuff going on in this vid. Soooo light on your feet when needed, very cool. Some of the egde changes are really sick - the tail seems to flip out and around by itself on some of the turns, almost like it comes around too far to be stable but then everything just hooks up like it's nothing. And then there's the speed. You guys are obviously very comfortable going way faster than the average rider. Great stuff.

• 5 months later...

BORING ???

The kind of GS / big surf / hard charging with no gates thru chop / keeping it planted when needed / picking powerful yet always controlled lines thru the moon & chop / with instant transitions when needed style on this video the "Da Kine" SWEET.

The 1st few seconds I saw this video I said " This dude is a racer if he is not then he should be ( then I read what You said > confirming my thought )

I've seen hundred of EC videos there not boring, but is capital N--O--T not boring.

I'm stoked :eplus2: & jealous :o.

:biggthump

• 2 weeks later...