Note to New Members ×

Check out my rack!

Bora20

U cud bent the shelf for steeper angle to show off your quiver top sheets, like the deck on the very top :1luvu:

Or you can use this rack, easy to install and plastic (no rust).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Snowboard-Waterski-Skateboard-Sport-Garage-Storage-Rack_W0QQitemZ270555746695QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSnowboarding?hash=item3efe611187

Cheers

RT

post-6136-141842313008_thumb.jpg

U cud bent the shelf for steeper angle to show off your quiver top sheets, like the deck on the very top :1luvu:

Or you can use this rack, easy to install and plastic (no rust).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Snowboard-Waterski-Skateboard-Sport-Garage-Storage-Rack_W0QQitemZ270555746695QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSnowboarding?hash=item3efe611187

Cheers

RT

I can't bend the rack as they are the metal brackets used for shelving with 1/2 pipe insulation on them. I got the idea from a forum search.

It was $40 total and will work for now. I will make something else for around the garage for old boards that are no longer in use, but this got them all off the floor quickly.

He can hook you up with a real board!!

His carve board is a 179. How much longer of a board does a person need early in their carving career? Your personal preference does not necessarily apply to all riders.

Too long of a board holds a lot of people back and keeps them on easier slopes (or having to skid on the steeper and/or narrow) for a lot longer than if they would start on more reasonable length boards. Especially the current crop of shorter boards. They are far more stable, fast and easy to ride than in past years.

His carve board is a 179. How much longer of a board does a person need early in their carving career? Your personal preference does not necessarily apply to all riders.

Too long of a board holds a lot of people back and keeps them on easier slopes (or having to skid on the steeper and/or narrow) for a lot longer than if they would start on more reasonable length boards. Especially the current crop of shorter boards. They are far more stable, fast and easy to ride than in past years.

BOYS! Relax! :1luvu:

No worries on the board length or rack width. The short boards look funny on the rack due to the 48" span as I wanted the uprights mounted to the studs. At 36", it wouldn't have been enough to hold the long board properly, which is the $$$ one.

Thanks for the email lowrider all is well. I ran the 179 today on what appeared to be soft ice from the chair. In fact, it was just plain old hard ice. it runs well and true, hard to skid, but I am still figuring out what angles to run on it. My season is done, more to come next year.

Here's another version of the same idea. I used the double slot uprights for a bit more strength, and a piece of 3/4 ply so I could put the uprights where I wanted and still hit the studs in the wall. The shortest board is 175, the longest is over 200. Bindings are loosened for the summer but not removed. The longest board has some stuff on the top so it can't rest upside down like the others. No worries about losing camber.

post-128-141842313076_thumb.jpg

Why do you remove your bindings for the summer??

To try to avoid binding suck. The slight crushing of the core due to the compression caused by the tightened binding screws and inserts. It shows up as the dimples under the inserts.

I often just loosen mine.

Oh, that would fall on my ladies head (or mine) during some playtime. I hope you have that secured tightly up there :)

Ha, funny! I was thinking the same thing when I saw the post :D

However, you could place the Xeena there. If she fell into the bed, then you just have 3-some ;)