Note to New Members ×

Is your season over?

kinpa

Is your season over?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Is your season over?

• No, still riding, or still have plans to ride.
    • Yes, due to an injury.
    • Yes, due to home mountain being closed for the season.
    • Yes, due to other circumstances. (explain below)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ladia,

They are Rebecca's splitboard boots. Rebecca has a low volume foot and she loves the fit. We have also been trying to get them modified for carving, but they will need more work next season. Stock, they were too stiff for Rebecca and gave her horrible shin bang.

I have tried a pair on and wear a 25 mondo. In Deeluxe I am 24 mondo, in UPZ and Scarpa a 25 mondo, and I measure 26.5 mondo feet flat on the floor. I also have a low volume foot.

I cannot tell you how you will like them for carving. The construction and weight are wonderful! Unbelievable really, compared to Deeluxe boots. The flex is dependent on boot deformation and is not adjustable (except with modifications to the boot, mostly the tongue). If the flex works for you, they could be great.

Thanks Buell

I tried them in store a couple weeks ago and really like them. As you mentioned construction and weight are superior. I plan to rent them tomorrow. The flex was right, they have two positions for forward lean and walk mode, but I think this can be modified. I see only two problems so far. No Intec compatible and the shells do not have side canting, so I will have to cant inside the boot and go away from step-in on my back leg. I will know more tomorrow. Thanks again.

I was looking at chair 23 thinking I could swear it is steeper than that, until you see the next pic looking down ;-)

Man, Mammoth got a lot of snow this year, that's a truck load of coverage for this time of year.

When is that sprocket head mountain bike race from the top down starting? Will they need to carve out the snow to run the biking?

do they still salt the lower half of the mountain, to give you some extra carving time?

I still remember the first time I rode behind that stupid grooming machine that flicks out the salt crystals; never realised that they did it this way!

It was like a face paint stripping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not carving, but great riding anyway!

Wy'east face on Mt Hood a couple of weeks ago.

Sunrise from the Mt Hood Meadows gate, looking down 5300 vertical feet of riding, from near the top of the Cascade Lift on the edge of Heather Canyon.

post-2671-141842318956_thumb.jpg

post-2671-141842318958_thumb.jpg

post-2671-141842318961_thumb.jpg

Last day, probably. Back to discussions about plates for next season. :biggthump

Mt Hood Snowdome yesterday with Rebecca.

Up is in blue, down is in red. Rebecca skinning up under the Eliot glacier. Pretty pathetic riding photos from the day, but here is a toeside traverse under some glacier ice.

post-2671-141842318971_thumb.jpg

post-2671-141842318973_thumb.jpg

post-2671-141842318975_thumb.jpg

J

For me....

Hot time, summer in the city. Back of my neck gettin' dirty 'n gritty.

I wish!

Hottest recorded June in Possum Pouch history.

July following suit. Today's high - 99 F, Tomorrow's high 99 F, and don't even ask about the humidity.

Farther north, ocean temps 3 deg above normal in NJ. Several beach closings due near-shore group shark sightings. Two serious "bite and release" in Carolina thusfar.

I'll take crevasses and self-arrest drills anytime... :flamethro

BB

Just awesome! The ascent/descent lines are especially nice. Did you draw them in or is there some really cool GPS overlay that does this?

I am sure the GPS I have will do that, and I have seen it done before, but I am not that technologically savvy.

It took about 5 lessons from Rebecca to even know how to draw those lines on the photos (I heard plenty of, "you know how to do this"). I struggled on and even learned how to do it in red and in blue. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just can't stop.

Last weekend we tried to summit Hood by the Sunshine route on the north side. Unfortunately the snow was dangerous unconsolidated deep mush on the upper slopes and we were force to turn around. Not a good situation when you are above bergshrunds.

The day was not lost however. :biggthump

post-2671-141842319525_thumb.jpg

post-2671-141842319527_thumb.jpg

DAMN!!! :eek:

That pic on the right reminds me of watching a horror movie with the girl entering the dark basement while ignoring the light switch and scarey music. The entire audience is saying, "Don't go in there!" I would be saying,"go around, go around." Oops, told ya so.

Those are a sketchy looking pair of holes to go between. Put a rope on that boarder.

DAMN!!! :eek:

That pic on the right reminds me of watching a horror movie with the girl entering the dark basement while ignoring the light switch and scarey music. The entire audience is saying, "Don't go in there!" I would be saying,"go around, go around." Oops, told ya so.

Those are a sketchy looking pair of holes to go between. Put a rope on that boarder.

Get that splitboard and come on up! ;) JK, most of the Oregon and N. California volcano riding is crevasse free.

The bridge was solid, but the crevasse was about 60 feet deep on both sides of the bridge.

It is the big upper one in this photo. We crossed just out of the frame to the left. They are so beautiful and demand so much respect!

post-2671-141842319531_thumb.jpg