Note to New Members ×

Korean TD2-style Bindings

KingCrimson

There is another bindings from Korea calls, S5 Uniflex.

I happened to meet the inventor of this binding when I was in Korea in year 2000. The guy was a ex-GS racer in Korea for years and started his business few years back, to manufacture prototypes strictly for racing. His office was actually machine shop with few desks at that time but he had a passion for alpine racing bindings. I didn't purchase his bindings (early version of this S5) but bought a Catek WC and Nitro 182 from him if I remember correctly.(I wasn't sold at that time for his prototype binding and still not sold yet :lol: )

But check this out.

post-8598-14184231119_thumb.jpg

post-8598-141842311191_thumb.jpg

post-8598-141842311192_thumb.jpg

Check out the video... extreme skidding. I don't think they can actually carve a turn...:barf:

Yeah, it looks like they when their body hits the snow the carve washes out.

On another note, why is the music so lame in so many carving videos? That's one of the things the soft booters and jibbers are getting right.

Yeah those guys carve just as bad as they do short track skating.

really? cuz i am korean and i believe we got the most medals in that event? oh are you talking about that oh! no! guy? umm i believe he won like two lucky medals due to players falling here and there!

and seriously? it's just a binding from Korea and why are we getting all racial with this crap? can't we just look at a binding and be like oh its a binding! :eek:

and i prefer bomber style carving due to the fact it looks better than EC and some of them in the video do look and sound like they are skidding majorly..... hahahahah

really? cuz i am korean and i believe we got the most medals in that event? oh are you talking about that oh! no! guy? umm i believe he won like two lucky medals due to players falling here and there!

and seriously? it's just a binding from Korea and why are we getting all racial with this crap? can't we just look at a binding and be like oh its a binding! :eek:

and i prefer bomber style carving due to the fact it looks better than EC and some of them in the video do look and sound like they are skidding majorly..... hahahahah

I suppose I should have put one of those smile things on there. I was definitely being sarcastic.

I thought the Korean carvers were very good, and the Korean Short Track skaters are the best in the world. I figured someone that disparaged the Koreans might get the point, and I was calling them out for what looked racial.

Sorry if you misinterpreted.

well, I ate bulgogi. kim chi and bean paste soup for supper. I like korean food and korean women better.

IMO, I really appreciate that the asian market is strong enough to justify them having unique bindings and even boots. it indicates that they love alpine enough to to make it worthwhile for vendors to produce and there. that's a good thing.

hahahaha sorry guys! :biggthump

i just had a lot of comment regarding the short track and its ridiculous so i guess i went over board with that!

haha bulgogi and gimchi are my favorite hands down!!

maybe next time if i go to SES i could bring some and we can have a little korean bbq party :eplus2::eplus2::eplus2:

I thought the Korean carvers were very good, and the Korean Short Track skaters are the best in the world. I figured someone that disparaged the Koreans might get the point, and I was calling them out for what looked racial.

Sorry if you misinterpreted.

I don't think there was anything racial implied at all, just more of the ignorant EC bashing which is actually equal opportunity:AR15firin