Note to New Members ×

Cable Carving??

www.oldsnowboards.com

So, you live in the vast "Flat Land" of the mid west. Snow with no incline. You have lots of land but not allot of money to travel. Using some good ole

American ingenuity and mechanical aptitude. What would keep a person from grooming out a few thousand feet of perfect carving space and setting a cable system up??

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oaRnDbEtx4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oaRnDbEtx4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

How about a large circle? So the carving never stops? Banks?

It's called "tying a rope onto a snowmobile and getting someone to drive you around all day until your wrist is f#%ked" where I come from

Absolutely! In my early years I had more time on a board behind a snowmobile than on lift-serviced terrain. I've ridden 5+ foot deep powder like this before. The key is finding big wind drifts where the snowmobile can drive on hard stuff. We added rubber tie-down straps in the line to reduce the arms-pulled-out-of-sockets moments.

I even did a 19-mile loop of groomed trails. That was a LONG ride!

It's called "tying a rope onto a snowmobile and getting someone to drive you around all day until your wrist is f#%ked" where I come from

No snowmobile, No Wind, No Water.

All you have is snow on more or less flat ground.

No horse, no dog, no pig, no jackass, no jet pack, :smashfrea

A groomed circle with an arm in the center to tow you around might be a good way to work on one turn or the other.

Kinda like motorcyclists using traffic circles to practice their knee dragging.

Now picture a MUCH larger scale. It would allow you to carve back and forth. Not like a horse go round , like the size of a stadium grounds?

post-198-141842303902_thumb.jpg

Looks like fun. You line up the investors, I'll do the R&D!

Fortunately you and I have mountains near-by.

I think this would be something for the plains.? Where they get snow, but no hills to speak off.

Going in a circle it would get tracked out pretty fast.

You would need to have a groomer ? :biggthump

Fortunately you and I have mountains near-by.

I think this would be something for the plains.? Where they get snow, but no hills to speak off.

Going in a circle it would get tracked out pretty fast.

You would need to have a groomer ? :biggthump

We'll run the groomer regularly. Once an hour sound good?

Oh, and just because we live near mountains doesn't mean I should have one in my yard!

I'll guess we'll have to add a snowmaking attachment considering the weak snow year we are having.

We'll run the groomer regularly. Once an hour sound good?

Oh, and just because we live near mountains doesn't mean I should have one in my yard!

I'll guess we'll have to add a snowmaking attachment considering the weak snow year we are having.

Yes, being a "High Desert" Bend is in the running I guess.;) Portland just isn't going to work out I am afraid. :(

Absolutely! In my early years I had more time on a board behind a snowmobile than on lift-serviced terrain. I've ridden 5+ foot deep powder like this before. The key is finding big wind drifts where the snowmobile can drive on hard stuff. We added rubber tie-down straps in the line to reduce the arms-pulled-out-of-sockets moments.

I even did a 19-mile loop of groomed trails. That was a LONG ride!

Hahaha yeah I've hit 60 miles an hour doing that behind a sled :eplus2: