Note to New Members ×

Madd News

Guest Cheri

Mike is not returning today. He emailed us and wants to stay on a little longer so that he can bring more boards home with him. It's looking like Wednesday right now.

Cheri

• 2 weeks later...

Mike just emailed again and he is working very hard still in Italy. He is continually postponing his trip. But with every postponement, he is telling us that he will be bringing home more boards. He seems totally psyched about how the boards are coming out. Hope you all can be patient for a little longer.

Originally posted by Cheri

Mike just emailed again and he is working very hard still in Italy. He is continually postponing his trip. But with every postponement, he is telling us that he will be bringing home more boards. He seems totally psyched about how the boards are coming out. Hope you all can be patient for a little longer.

I certainly hope that that as more time passes, more snowbards are ready - it would be certainly a bad thing if the number of shippable snowboards at the factory went DOWN as time went on (assuming none are being shipped).

I've already adjusted my riding schedule according as I've gotten 4 days in already sans alpine board/bindings (Donek Incline with Catek Freerides) and I'm not planning on bringing my board up to Sun Peaks for the December carve camp - so if you could get it to us sometime in 2005 that would be nice :) Although *IF* we do get the boards before the end of the year... maybe I could bribe Mike into letting me ride his for a few runs. :D Although that looks doubtful as we have to assume one more week minimum to get it here, and then at least two weeks to get all of them tuned... and then another week to ship them.

In the meantime... do you have anything to keep the masses pacified? A photo of one of the current boards? More swag? Maybe some photos of a "de-wrinkled" Madd T-shirt?

Originally posted by Shred Gruumer

Got a couple more to hold ya over... this is some trial run of some stuff that might be available.

Right said Shed

Personally I think the red kind of clashes with the forest/olive green theme. I think you should stick with the "white" one used in the original logo instead.

While I would love a jacket with the Madd logo on it and I have no question it would draw attention and orders. I have a feeling that's a bit more money than Madd has to "give away" and I dobut that many people would actually spend a large amount of money for such a jacket. What Madd should do is *giveaway* someone cheap... but has high visibility... stickers are the obvious choice (stick'em on your helmet). Or like a race bib... T-shirts are "cool" but who ever wears just a T-shirt while snowboarding... doesn't really help to see a Donek or a Madd T-shirt when you are going to the grocery store.

Originally posted by Bob Jenney

I plan on going over to PTC when Mike B. brings the boards by to take some pics of them being tuned.

I'll be picking my board directly up at PTC, were Mike will be tuning them, I'll be sure to post pic of my MADD since I will have it before most of you all :D

Originally posted by D-Sub

I thought there were others made...not all preorders.

Really? Hmm... then they are *really* behind in their manufacturing schedule. That makes sense though, as I was wondering how they were going to sell more boards at the *regular* price if they hadn't had them built yet.

heck, I have no idea really. just an impression I had.

in any case..its gettin pretty close!

Yea, I don't know. I certainly hope they are getting close, they said they were almost done in July ;)

Hey skategoat, go to www.maddmikes.com as they have a link to a ebay store from there where you can purchase a board. - it also has email and phone number contact info... good luck!

Guest rick ferguson

just curious, what was the average price for one of these long awaited boards that so many think are the ****? And how long has the wait been? Not ripping, just asking.:)

early order price was $500 flat. current price is $750, which I think is pretty damn steep.

If theyre not ready by mid december I think some people are gonna be quite pissed off

and...the flashing of clothes...I dont see that appeasing anyone:)

Yea, I think the $750 reflects the high overhead costs of such small production runs... lets say with some better material management and greater volume they could drop it down to $700 a board... maybe even $675 a board... then it's only $100 more than say a Volkl Renntiger and *if* what people are saying about them is true... I think $100 is worth paying for... I mean Pogo boards are even more expensive...

Of course $500 flat beats everything hand downs :D

solid on all counts. I doubt its cheap to have snowboards made, and obviously the MADD folks dont have their own production facility

maybe we should all pitch in:)

It's not that hard I've built a press before out of rail road rails and firehose that only required an inexpensive (relatively) air compressor to squash things. Of course the cassettes and material prep is what takes madd (punn intended) space and cash

Originally posted by Gecko

It's not that hard I've built a press before out of rail road rails and firehose that only required an inexpensive (relatively) air compressor to squash things. Of course the cassettes and material prep is what takes madd (punn intended) space and cash

Yea... and something tells me that the boards that came out of this press weren't raved about by people across the country either :p