Note to New Members ×

So who's getting an iPad with me?

Loc

I don't know about that thing, I don't feel it offers much more than a netbook and the price is higher than a netbook. although the kindle type function might be it's killer app.

that said, I bought a iphone and was not super impressed off the bat but after using it for awhile and getting some app that are great it's replaced many other devices I used to use often. gps, car radio, almost replaces my laptop for many things. I feel the ipod touch and iphone are probably the best jack of all trades devices available.

man, this could be big in the long haul though. I can see lots of people buying it with the GSM option beats the pants off buying a netbook, a GSM card of some sort or tethering and buying into a contracted data plan like you have to do otherwise.

actually was sort of surprised there was no contracted plan from att to get the thing for cheap up front with a 2 year plan.

"Just yesterday I was looking at my iPhone thinking "Hmmm, I wish this thing didn't fit in my pocket and couldn't make phone calls." Then I looked over to my netbook and couldn't help but feel it would benefit from losing the keyboard and being made of 50% glass.

Finally apple gives me what I wish." -Frankeh (reddit)

Wait for the next iteration. Better screen, stylus support, multi-tasking and Flash support will come in iPad 2.0. Maybe they'll have two versions - standard and pro.

I still think the Kindle is a far superior e-reader. Screen is just easier to read and battery life is days, not hours.

Wait for the next iteration. Better screen, stylus support, multi-tasking and Flash support will come in iPad 2.0. Maybe they'll have two versions - standard and pro.

I still think the Kindle is a far superior e-reader. Screen is just easier to read and battery life is days, not hours.

good point.

there's a new dual mode screen that I'm betting is in pad 2.0 it can switch to a mode like the kindle and back to the bright graphics type LCD or whatever.

it's already in some products (those 3rd world netbooks) I think but they are lower rez model the new ones allegedly are really sharp when the backlight is on it's switched to full color mode but when in the kindle type mode looks like a kindle.

the this IS really neat though, a product to watch in the long haul for sure. none of the other tablets demoed at CES even touched this thing. although the nvidia one probably is a meaner machine hardware wise

I'm really disappointed there's no multitasking. So much R&D went into designing a new chip architecture and it won't be doing anything most of the time unless you're watching HD video. In the end, I think 3rd party developers will make or break this product. I might have to pass on this one for the first 6 months. Maybe I'll go buy some Sidewinders instead :biggthump