Note to New Members ×

What "F2" stands for

shewgill

The original trademark was used for windsurfing products...

F2 Fun & Function® is a registered trademark used for Metal Trapeze Harness Hooks For Use In Sail Boarding Sail Boards, and Structural Parts Thereof, Masts, Wishbone Booms, Daggar Boards, Skigs and Foot Straps For Sail Boards Sails and Sail Bags Surf Boards, Trapeze Harness, Ski Boots, and Ski Bindings For Snow Skis and owned by F2 International Gesellschaft M.B.H., Peter Brockhaus Gesellschaft m.b.H.

Serial Number: 73354630

Registration Number: 1317581

Filing Date: Mar 15, 1982

They've been producing windsurfing boards since the dark ages.

Their landmark board is the 1986 or so Sunset Slalom.

Bruce V would know all about this!

No way Jose, on dark ages there was mainly Windsurfer (or TenCate) and Windglider, most other stuff came much later. F2's came out with new wave :rolleyes:

I'm not quite that old but started on the Bic one with the tie on boom and dacron sail, that was a long time ago now!

You are that old:lol:

If you want to put down your kites I can let you take a spin on my original windsurfer vintage 1981 model. No teak boom though I think they just went to Alu at that time. I have your new board :biggthump

You are that old:lol:

If you want to put down your kites I can let you take a spin on my original windsurfer vintage 1981 model. No teak boom though I think they just went to Alu at that time. I have your new board :biggthump

Mastfoot still tight on that stocker? Did it have the daggerboard you had to sling over your shoulder downwind? Mine's long gone, but I still have somewhere a 1981 Wayler YPSI (Young Person's Sailing Instrument - the Dutch can be a little geeky... The window of the sail (6.3sqm and huge for the time) said " Shake hands with the devil")

"windsurfin' on a Windsurfer with a wooden boom in 1976"

Yeah but who remembers trying to uphaul the original teak mast base?

After a few trys you learned to put a foot on it so you wouldn't pull it out!

and yeah, the Sunset (mine said Sunset Race on it) was an awesome board but later. More like during the renaissance.

Mastfoot still tight on that stocker? Did it have the daggerboard you had to sling over your shoulder downwind? Mine's long gone, but I still have somewhere a 1981 Wayler YPSI (Young Person's Sailing Instrument - the Dutch can be a little geeky... The window of the sail (6.3sqm and huge for the time) said " Shake hands with the devil")

I upgraded to the mast track that has the tightening knob and it still works fine.

Funny tidbit of info in regards to windsurfing. Upon graduating high school, my grandmother gave each of the kids in our family $ 1000.00 to do with it as we pleased. I ended up buying the orig Windsurfer and while learning rail rides, cracked the daggerboard . Then looked into my " the wind is free" book and saw that you needed to use epoxy to do the repair. So that was my first workings with epoxy and was truly the start of my current career. So I kept the trend going and gave each of my nieces and nephews the same. Of course with inflation I got off a lot easier

Hans, was your -76 really Windsurfer or Ten Cate? My yellow one was Ten Cate if my memory does not confuse me :)

Darn that was fun board to ride with fin only.

Btw i started same year as you, teak boom teak mast base.

Sold board away early -80 for my friend who shortened it to "modern", did not worked very well and board ended as chair :) after that he joined me to build proper boards. He introduced me to real snowboarding then later :)

Railin' the board. Super Freestyle surfboard of that time. Sold the board after a few years for the Windglider Olympic to do some competition stuff. Pokkis, I believe I had the original Windsufer with a TC sail. Because I tought that TenCate had the dealership here and was making the sails at that time, can't remember exactly. TenCate also had their own boardline like the more modern TC39.

post-105-141842297391_thumb.jpg

Remember the first time you got your longboard 'up on a plane' and forgot to put the daggerboard up? Took me 3 tries until I figured out what I was doing wrong !

Yup, she'll roll over like a methodist girl and try to chuck you off....did you guys make footstraps out of short pieces of garden hose too?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CixZVim22TE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CixZVim22TE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I upgraded to the mast track that has the tightening knob and it still works fine.

Funny tidbit of info in regards to windsurfing. Upon graduating high school, my grandmother gave each of the kids in our family $ 1000.00 to do with it as we pleased. I ended up buying the orig Windsurfer and while learning rail rides, cracked the daggerboard . Then looked into my " the wind is free" book and saw that you needed to use epoxy to do the repair. So that was my first workings with epoxy and was truly the start of my current career. So I kept the trend going and gave each of my nieces and nephews the same. Of course with inflation I got off a lot easier

Funny. I got started building golf clubs the same way - messing with board repairs. Eventually I got as far as building a full board - kind of an airplane wing hollow design - marine 1/8" plywood over spruce forms and stringers, with two layers of S glass and a layer of Kevlar vacuum-bagged over it all. double-concave 9' 8" pintail slalom board under 20lb, which was pretty good, I thought, for a first try. The mastfoot was way further forward than it would be now, but it really sailed well, especially to weather. The only problem was that in chop the hollow board sounded like bouncing a cello down the stairs!