Note to New Members ×

The 3rd and 4th contenders have arrived

Jack M

"I have two guns... one for each of you!" - Doc Holliday

doneks.jpg

184 metal GS. 14-24m (left) and 14-20 (right)

These graphics make me want to jump in my Trans-Am, crank some Angus and peel out. And I mean that in a very good way.

This photo isn't a great perspective, but it's the best I could do at the moment. I will post a better picture later.

Watch for my Kessler vs. Donek vs. Coiler vs. Prior review in February!

Those boards look really really hot! And I guess they look even better in person ...

It would be nice, if you could post some further specs, especially widths (nose/waist/tail) :ices_ange.

So only Prior is missing, right?

I´m really looking forward to your results!

It would also be interesting (for me) to know how you are going to set up your test - e.g. one board for 2 or 3 days to get used to it and then comes the next one. Or all 5 (?) on one day to have the same conditions and doing this for several days. Or taking out just 2 for one day and giving them a head to head and then take the "winner" out against another board the next day, etc., etc.

What I found is that very often you find differences in board designs, but they are hard to compare - not really better or worse. It just depends on what you are looking for in a board and your own preferences and on the conditions (weather, snow, space, steepness of slope, etc.) and so on - many variables ... so it takes quite some time to do such "testing", if you want some valid results (for yourself).

There would be some more things to consider - so these are just some thoughts ... again I appreciate a lot what you are trying to do here :biggthump !

I'm not a racer, but I like fast GS sized turns. I won't be crowning a winner, I just want to see how the new full-race GS boards do for freecarving, and also if our North American manufacturers have caught up to the Big K. I'll be measuring all the boards, and getting to know each one with as much riding as possible in January.

ps - the Prior is being built now!

Those boards look really really hot! And I guess they look even better in person ...

It would be nice, if you could post some further specs, especially widths (nose/waist/tail) :ices_ange.

The specs for those two boards can be found here:

http://www.donek.com/specs_metal.html

They are the last two on the list. Based on the dimensions I have from Jack, the Kessler he has is closest to the rec GS. I needed a demo of both boards for the season, so I went ahead and sent him both for the test so he could experience the differences.

Buggs..

You should be happy to know that the tri titanal perferation on the metal has excellent bonding and the reducing the wieght has been significant.. the perforation process reduced wieght and increase bonding strength. the upset material holds well with about a 20% reduction in wieght... just think no one wanted to listen to mechanical bonding techniques... oh well.. its working well

you boards will be on the way... I got two..

RSSS