Note to New Members ×

Targhee/SnowKing/Teton updates

dredman

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say Thank You to 2 Ravens, CAddict James and BigDogDave! Thanks for a great day!! I love riding with you folks, great energy, great fun, super attitudes!!

2 Ravens!!! You threw down an excellent day!! You are making HUGE improvements and should be very proud of yourself, because I am!! Everytime I get to see you ride it is like watching a completely different rider!!!

BigDogDave!!! I saw you throw down some of your finest runs yet!! Your super positive vibe is contagious!!

CAddict James, As usual, you throw down consistently super solid runs with your own artistic style! It looked today like the NSR was your own board, not one you borrowed! It was super fun watching you rally on it!

Thanks again!! Pray for "0" inches overnight!!

Hey Guys (& Gal!)

It was super to ride with you all! What a fun day and awesome crew!

BigDogDave - you were looking stellar! A week of SES obviously cranked your riding up several notches (and I bet you'll be better yet when your legs are fully recoverd! :))

Good to see crackaddict and Colleen out on the hill. Looked like crackaddict was loving the NSR! :D And we need to get Colleen on a hardboot set up soon - it would be awesome to have another hardboot gal in the neighborhood. :biggthump

Dredman, thanks for all the compliments! I'm very happy with the improvements in my riding this year - it's amazing what a week at SkES did for me! :ices_ange;) (Your advice and example have been key too, of course. :D)

And as always, it was such a pleasure to trip over your trenches and bask in all your happy vibes. :biggthump I'm always impressed that you guys can ride hard all day (very nice of you to wait for me all morning!:o) and then you go out and do it again! Awesome! Hope you're having another super day!

p.s. did you stop in and check out the Coiler at the second hand shop? Nice looking board!

Very sad to go back to the Olympic quality snow at the King today. :( Hook it up, crank it over, lay it down and.... slide out. Dust myself off and do it again. Not that the snow at the Ghee was soft, but it was much more forgiving than this stuff. Guess I got spoiled fast!

Still, the few turns I actually stood up for, I could see from the tracks that I was tightening the turn radius earlier, so that's progress. Thanks dredman! :biggthump

This makes the Ghee again next weekend sound much more tempting.... :p

Hey Gang,

Well, that long cycle of perfect corduroy is officially over. Though it was awesome I can't honestly say I'm sorry it's snowing again, I need the rest.

Now, if I had my very own extra stiff NSR I might feel totally thwarted by the weather. Every run I've made since handing that stick back over to Dave has been at least a little disappointing. It's like "what? I have to absorb those bumps with my legs now?". I just want fast and stable again, now that I've had a taste...

Today I put Colleen (a.k.a. Hot Coco) on that FP 157 we were gonna sell. She as determined as ever, if a little inflexible; the hardest part for her was getting into and out of the race plates. Looks like we're keeping that setup.

(For the record, it's only on Bomber - and in certain parts of Detroit - that we're collectively known as Crackaddict and Hot Coco. But that's a long story from way back in my pimpin' days...)

Hope to see you all again this weekend. It's always a blast when we get so many metal coilers together.

James

Today I put Colleen (a.k.a. Hot Coco) on that FP 157 we were gonna sell. She as determined as ever, if a little inflexible; the hardest part for her was getting into and out of the race plates. Looks like we're keeping that setup.

(For the record, it's only on Bomber - and in certain parts of Detroit - that we're collectively known as Crackaddict and Hot Coco. But that's a long story from way back in my pimpin' days...)

James

You know, flexibility might not be the issue so much.... I'm plenty flexible, but have to say the first few times I tried to get into my TD2's on snow my thought was pretty much "How the f*** is this supposed to work?!?! :(:confused::angryfire) A little practice though, and I got the needed angles and leverage figured out, no problem. :) I'm sure Hot Coco will be good to go in no time! :biggthump

I might make it over one day this weekend - softer snow would be super fun for the little Schtubbette and me! :ices_ange How about Casper? Montucky Dave's?

BDD is fighting off a cold, so he is on the fence till the AM. The grooming/snow report will be the deciding factor. I will have the two skier boys with me, but I anticipate a on time arrival 0900!!

NOAA is calling for no snow tonight and less than an inch tomorrow.... I hope they are right!

CA James, how was it today? How did the new snow mix in with the old on the groomers?

See ya all tomorrow!!

Cheers, dredman

Two Ravens was kind enough to let me follow her with my camera today. She really threw it down, I think she may have had Kodak Courage!!

Each weekend she is bringing huge improvements. In another two weeks we will be tripping in her trenches!

Great work Two Ravens!! You should be very very proud!! I am!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPE2QkDitNM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPE2QkDitNM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great day at the Ghee! Thanks guys! :biggthump

Dredman, thanks for the video feedback! Hmmmm.....lots to work on. But good to have the visual reference.

Almost rallied for today - legs aren't as cooked as I expected - but think I'll study some video and make a few well considered runs on the King. Maybe another trip to the Ghee next weekend?!?:1luvu:

Have fun! Should be an awesome day! :p

Just 2 clips, that's all. But do you really need more. Super smooth riding James!!

I need to definitely upgrade my camera and get a helmet mount, and work on keeping the rider in the frame.....

Enjoy

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzHIPukFS64&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

My daughter and I are coming to Jackson Hole this weekend through Tuesday. Wondering what conditions to expect, what to look out for, and whether anyone from this forum expects to be out carving then.

I'm new on hardboots and/but will probably bring only a softboot setup, partly because I want to be able to ride no matter what the conditions are, partly because I expect it'll be easier to take on the plane. Anyway, it would be good to meet some carvers.

Weekends for myself are at Grand Targhee. Usually only 2-4 of us: Two Ravens, CrackAddict, and BigDogDave. CasperCarver rides Teton Village and does not often get over to the Targhee. Two Ravens is the local expert at SnowKing.

Looks like weather-wise there is a slight chance of snow through the weekend. Temperatures have been very nice, in the mid 20s and low 30's. Carving has been spectacular at Targhee and very firm groomers at SnowKing, from what Two Ravens has been saying.

If you want to meet up with us, we usually rally at the sign at the base of the Dream Catcher lift at 0900, take a few laps on that lift then head over to Blackfoot lift. We are usually the only carvers there so we should be easy to find. I think there is a shuttle from Jackson to Targhee...

It would be great to have you join us.

Cheers, dredman

i will be at the village most likely. went to the snow king today. it was pretty good except for all the racers, constantly having to look over my shoulder, yikes! i will post again on friday or saturday after i know conditions. it's been very warm and not much snow so who knows? we should be easy to spot, thier are only a few of us. do you already have tickets? :biggthump

Hero groom on the King this morning!!!!! :biggthump:1luvu::D

Softening somewhat quickly though once the sun came out, and death defying trying to avoid getting clobbered by the racers (WY State High School championships setting up today.) Almost got taken out 3 times in 4 runs (and that never happens to me on the King :eek:) so I left while I was ahead. :)

Woohooo!!! I'm in for Sunday! :biggthump

King today was awesome snow for me - a bit of soft fresh on top of firm groom. :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

Was laying down some nice tracks on the Rafferty side (Cougar side is too scary with the racer kids) and all the little kids in their ski lessons were going crazy on the chair lift. By my fourth run they would start hollering if they just saw me go by - didn't even have to be carving! Maybe winning over some young converts?!? :ices_ange