Note to New Members ×

Targhee/SnowKing/Teton updates

dredman

I am back in the land of taters. I will be up at the Ghee tomorrow am. Montana was a bust, no snow at Turner and just did not make it over to Whitefish. So back to Targhee.

Oldbmx, drop me an email thru the BOL link and we can meet up and talk boards. Glad to hear another one is wanting to join the pack!!

Looks like bluebird and groomers for the ghee tomorrow!! I am going to give the Coiler NSR 182 it's maiden voyage!! Wahoo!!

Cheers, see ya on the hill!!

The Frosty Gator guy BigDogDave just likes the jersey, I do not believe he is a hockey player.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a sunny day but the light was good and the crowds were a bit smaller. Groomers were firm and fast again. Not sure yet if I am going up tomorrow but if anyone wants to go tomorrow I could easily be convinced.

Did some back to back tests between the Coiler Metal Classic 179 and the Coiler NSR 182. I am very happy to have both! The both fill a niche very well. The Classic is a much easier board to ride when the legs get tired!

Cheers

The Classic is a much easier board to ride when the legs get tired!

Cheers

What????? I thought you were bionic????? do your legs really get tired? or just cause it's still early season??? I'm sure you'll be ready for laps with Johnasmo by the end of January, right?

:lol:

Hey Dredman, do you think Sunday might be good for a powder day? I'm thinking of heading over the hill. Wish I could make it today - report says 8" since the lifts closed.... :biggthump

(And what Kinpa said - YOUR legs - TIRED?!?!?! :confused::eek: Didn't think it possible! Of course, i never last long enough to see it. ;) )

Only 1 inch of new snow last night, should be a carving day today! I am headed out the door right now! See ya there!!

NSR vs Classic, point being, the NSR need to be ridden very aggressively to make it work very well for me, the Classic is a much friendlier ride because of the flex pattern and the sidecut. So towards the end of the day when the runs are more bumped up (and you have already made 15-20+ runs the Classic is a much friendlier ride to go the distance. So yes my legs do get tired.

Saw the snow report this morning for the Ghee and decided to stay home- which turned out great! The King was in awesome shape today :1luvu: - superb groom on land 7, the racers set up on Cougar, which hadn't been groomed - so they were busy sideslipping their course, and I made one more change to my stance that turned out to be a really good idea.

Had a breakthrough day!!!! :biggthump:D:ices_ange And not just my imagination - got a bunch of comments, including from a couple of amazing tele-girls who stopped to talk while I was waiting for a crowd to go by - they even knew what an alpine board was! :biggthump

Hope the Ghee was equally awesome!

Ghee turned out NOT to be a carving day, another 6-8 inches on top of the 24+ inches the last couple days...Right tool for the right job...Pow-Stick!

Still had a blast!! I think the snow was even better today than yesterday and far less people!

2Ravens!! Glad to hear you had a great day!! Wish I could have seen you ripping it up!!!

Pooh!!! That's got to be a first - reporting 6"-8" as 1"?!?!?! :confused:

Very sorry I missed it, as I figured today would be the least crowded of the holiday season....

Oh, well - the King was good to me today, and I got some work done this afternoon...:rolleyes:

Glad you had your Pow-stick with you! :biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

(martyagt4 - you should come on out! The Ghee will probably have recovered from dredman's search and destroy missions by the time you get here! :D )

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could - I would love to see BigDogDave ripping it up on his new Coiler! But I'm recovering from an inner ear infection - if I turn my head a little too fast I completely lose all sense of where up and down are, and then I fall down - not that falling down is anything unusual for me! :freak3:;)

So...I'm going to stay close to the ground for awhile yet. Have fun and take pictures!!! :biggthump

James aka BOL CrackAddict is back at Targhee after a 1 year absence. It is great to have him back!! He is riding strong as ever!

BigDogDave is enjoying his new Coiler!

The last couple days have been excellent carving conditions! Firm, fast and carve-a-licious!!

Here are some picts from today, enjoy!

post-3878-14184229799_thumb.jpg

post-3878-141842297992_thumb.jpg

post-3878-141842297994_thumb.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvI-XETaBIs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvI-XETaBIs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mostly footage of James aka CrackAddict, and a couple clips of BigDogDave.

Music by Alan Lane from Troy Montana.

Enjoy!

Thanks for posting those turns Man. It's interesting to see myself from an outside perspective and get some video feedback. Gotta say though, the footage doesn't do it justice; that is, it feels way cooler to ride the monster than it looks on youtube. I guess that's just how it should be.

:lurk:

See you next weekend.

J

CrackAddict, Thanks for the great observations on Sunday. I worked the rest of the afternoon on it and it really helped! I really appreciate your input! Looking forward to riding with you again.

I went up today but the light was flat and they hardly groomed anything, nothing on Blackfoot, very little else where. I rode till noonish and headed back home.

The Ghee is in desperate need of snow. The ridge is getting very scrapped off and thin, Blackfoot lift still has the best coverage.

Pray for snow!!

BigDogDave!! You are making huge improvements each time out! SES here we come!!

Hey 2 Ravens or Casper or whoever!

Targhee is running another special for season pass holders. A season pass holder can bring 2 friends for $39 each a day. Each season pass holder may only purchase 2 tickets at this price. The special runs until 1/31.

I am planning on riding Sat and Sunday if you want to join. I usually have a couple of kids with me that have season passes so we can squeak out a couple extra tickets if needed.

Peace