Note to New Members ×

Targhee/SnowKing/Teton updates

dredman

Driving back out to Wilson this year. Plan on being there for two weeks, so I hope to get a chance to ride with you folks this time. The girl and I are planning on riding at Grand Foggy mostly.

Aiming for Feb. 14th till the 25th. Were planning on going to SES instead, but I can't pass free housing for two weeks!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Targhee is opening this Saturday - a week early. Details here:

http://www.grandtarghee.com/the-resort/news/245/GrandTargheeResorttoOpenEarlyforthe201011WinterSeason.php

Allee - thanks! We'll see - not looking likely at this point.

Martyagt4 - maybe I'll see you out there? I mostly ride Snow King though... Dredman has moved north, and don't know if BigDogDave will be riding the Ghee much or not.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkxk5P3on0Y?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkxk5P3on0Y?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZH-wWxtry0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZH-wWxtry0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

man you must use one powerful video de-stabilizer cause i could n't do anything with the footage i had. Is this a remix of footage or all new material? some of it i have not seen and some looks a little familiar? good job editing! Dredman where exactly are you going to be carving this winter? Cheers!

Casper, I will be riding in Whitefish this winter!! It has been cold and we have been getting reasonable amounts of snow. The hill is opening on Dec 4!!!

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZH-wWxtry0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

John is responsible for the videos. I believe this is a mix of your footage and his from last season that had not been posted yet. I think it is super sweet when you compare this footage to years past and see the progressions of your, 2 Ravens and BigDogDave's riding. Very impressive! And to actually catch some footage of Johnasmo's riding!!

Super fun times!! We will have to plan another Targhee weekend for the end of the season!

Enjoy! dredman

oops... this one

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwu_wPsBhh4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Village Alert! Was out at the village yesterday trying to get my boots fitted (but the cooker exploded! Ooops!) Anyway, rumors were flying of the tram opening for the weekend...!

And the Ghee got 11" during the day while the lifts were running Saturday - free refills!

The King has a little real snow, mounds of manmade, and the groomers have been out the past few days.... :lurk:

Dredman & Johnasmo - thanks for the videos! Super editing - love the synchronized split screen sections. Yes, great to see some footage of johnasmo ripping, and I have also enjoyed the documentation of dredman's developing sense of style over the past season... :)

Thanks for the memories guys...Great vids..was sooo much fun. White out in Idaho Falls today. We have a good 8 inches on the ground. Snowing/blowing most the roads closed. Snow Gods are strutting their stuff....love it. Kellycanyon could easily open this weekend. They aren't real organized....they put a new above ground motor on lift 3 and still dont have it running right. I hear they are hesitant to open until all is working right. Hoping to hit the Ghee this weekend. Great to see everyone on the vid again. Everyone maintained good digital form thru the summer..haha...and 2ravens tight heel side!! I met with Crackaddict a few weeks ago when he past thru on his way back to Calgary. He will be at the Ghee by Dec. 1st. Cheers to everyone...Be Well

• 2 weeks later...

:ices_angeWarning! Hardbooter takes over Snow King!!!:ices_ange

The King opened with one lift (Cougar) one run (a skinny version of Lane 7) and 6 snow guns blowing snow like crazy on Cougar run. Saturday started with the usual patroller-to-paying customer ratio of 3:1. :) Sunday the racers took over 2/3 of Lane 7, making for some tight turns.

This morning I showed up at 10:30 am and was the only paying customer - and nice snow conditions even, though I had to share the hill with 5 patrollers. Hardbooter rules the King - woohooo!!! I think the top lifty may be a little OCD though - he raked my tracks away every single time I got off the chair... :freak3:

Light was a bit flat, and Oh, yeah - there is a severe blowing snow advisory between lift towers 2 & 3. Recommend covering your goggles to avoid freezing up. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Winter storm warnings all around, and we have sun today - Jimmy Zell shining down, sending a few last rays of sunshine our way? Big Wally gone last winter, and now Jimmy - more legends of the fall line gone. And no more Goat Stock....

My tribute to Jimmy - the very finest turns I've ever done on ice. Did two runs and went home, I can enjoy the stunning winter beauty from my porch. Think I'll save my body to ride another day....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ghee on Sunday - sooooo very sweet! :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

Didn't even stop to take a picture, but we left our mark on Sweetwater, Joe's, Williamson, Floyd's, Crazy Horse, Wild Willie, Wandering Moose, Wild Turkey... We left trenches (almost) everywhere!!!

Very cool to see Colleen on her new Stubette! Hardbootin' women rock!! :biggthump Someone recognized BigDogDave and me from Kelly Canyon, and was overheard saying to her skiing friends "that's where all the ruts come from." :eplus2:

Great Ghee day yesterday. Fun time with the crew. 2 Ravens heel sides are as tight as ever...toe side looking mighty fine too!! James is cruising big on his new 186 Coiler classic (Montucky Race Carve),,as strong and stable as ever....and Colleen is doing great with her transition to hardboots and new stub. Hopefully storms move thru quickly...and sweet groomers again on Wed!!Carve ON!!

And a few of me. Casper says he is editing the video footage that he and I shot of each other too - can't wait to see it. There was a downhill course/race camp and a GS course to dodge - but we had sun, perfect snow, excellent grooming on Cougar, and two cameras out - the stars must have been lined up just right that day!!! :1luvu:

post-6122-141842341254_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842341257_thumb.jpg

post-6122-14184234126_thumb.jpg

The King is Dead - Long Live the King!!!

So it's all over here - the bubbleheads came and tore it up and now it's all quiet - just some VERY tracked up snow under the Summit chair. My dad tells me a guy riding a Polaris won King of the Hill this year, so I guess that means all is right in the world :rolleyes: (he's a long time Polaris rider...)

Kind of in denial about the end of my morning carving breaks.... :(

The hill will most likely be open next season, but what form that will take is absolutely anybody's guess right now.... :lurk:

post-6122-141842342979_thumb.jpg

Best day EVER at the Ghee!!! Temps in the 40's and wind speeds too. Almost no grooming and only Sac and the magic carpet open - woohooo!!! But there was a bit of cord to be found, and we made the most of it.

And then was BDD and Shadow Woman.... It's clear they have something very special going on. :1luvu: There seemed to be lots of spanking but looked like BDD came out on top, mostly. :p:p:p

• 2 weeks later...

Super day at the Ghee and our good buddy Roy finally came out to play in the sun! :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

Crackaddict, BDD and Tara (future hardbooter! :D) were all making fine turns - the boys even got in some synchronized carving!

http://www.powderdayphotography.com/p855531873/h3f1426f0#h3159d23d

All around, one of the best days we've had at the Ghee this year! :biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

post-6122-141842343637_thumb.jpg

post-6122-14184234364_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842343643_thumb.jpg

Best day ever!!! :rolleyes: BDD and I closed down Targhee in fine style: good groom, pretty good visibility and no lift lines... on Shoshone lift! The whole mountain was socked in most of the day and very little groom up high. I made one run off the top and BDD did three more in search of that perfect carve. Sounds like he got in 8 good turns on upper Wild Willie before the fog engulfed him again. :p

photos:

1) The crowd is clearly stoked! 15 minutes before the opening bell...

2) BigDogDave ain't afraid of a little pea soup.

3) The last of the Targhee carving crew - still smiling!

post-6122-141842343717_thumb.jpg

post-6122-14184234372_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842343722_thumb.jpg

Yes, Closing wekend at the FOG GHEE. Will be one to remember,,,wish we couild have seen it!!! Always hate to have it end...and with all the snowfall,,,nearing 600 inches,,great powder but minimal carving. Big thanks to 2 Ravens, James and Colleen for fun riding...till next season!!! Be well!