Note to New Members ×

Targhee/SnowKing/Teton updates

dredman

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all:

Just started out hardbooting for about 1.5 seasons. Still doing more sliding than carving. Would love to meet up and ride but don't want to slow anyone down.

I will be staying in snow king from jan 30 - feb 5.

Probably will going to JH for 4 days and 1 day at Targhee.

Want to check with you guys on the condition.

I am guessing 5 feet of snow and cold weather should keep the condition pretty soft?

If you can only ride one board for this week which one would you choose?

Carving board?

All moutain?

Powderboard?

Thanks

David

I will only be up at Targhee on Saturday the 30th. I am helping out with a ski race on Sunday, working the rest of the week and departing for SES on the 5th. Please feel free to join me/us at Targhee. Orange helmet, blue jacket.

CrackAddict is up at Targhee regularly, 2 Ravens is in Jackson but sometimes comes over to ride with us.

As far as boards go...I never leave home without 3. But if you are only bringing one... Forecast shows a slight chance of snow all next week. Targhee usually gets more snow then Teton village, Snowking usually always has good groomers. I guess since you are only bringing one, shoot for an all mountain board.

Or bring the carving board and rent a Fish or similar if it starts dumping?

I am not a huge fan of all mountain boards, The ones I have ridden are such a compromise that they really do nothing well. However I think Coiler All-Mountain-T is something I would like to try.

If it looks like you can make Targhee on Saturday, let me know and I will keep an eye out for you. I would be happy to show you around.

Cheers,

Looking forward to seeing our old friend Cor D. Roy. I will have my fingers crossed that we see him at the Blackfoot lift!

Yes BigDogDave and I should be there by 0900 at the quad. If we are running late, we will wait at that lift till you loop around.

2 Ravens are you in?

Ah... the ravens will be circling the King. :( I just can't ride long enough to justify the trip - so you & BigDogDave & crackaddict & Roy have fun now, ya hear?!? Get yourselves tuned up for SES and post up some pics! :D

Maybe I'll be over for a Kelly canyon day later this winter, or some other fine day at the Ghee. Cheers!

Hey, Pow4ever - I'm not much good, but I ride at Snow King and try to get in a few runs most mornings. Don't know if you were planning on doing a few laps on the little hill - maybe before you fly out on your last day? They have a 2 or 3 hour ticket that works for a morning half day. There is also night skiing, if you haven't burned up your legs enough on the big hills. :rolleyes:

You might catch a glimpse of caspercarver at the village (aka Jackson Hole) in the Casper Chair neighborhood.

Have fun!

Today was spectacular! Bluebird sky's, excellent grooming, very comfortable temperatures!!

Rode with CrackAddict and BigDogDave, CA was riding strong as ever, BDD put together his finest day of carving I have seen him throw down! He is looking very strong for our upcoming trip to SES!!

BDD and I will both be at Kelly Canyon tomorrow, skipatrol for BDD and I am helping out with a ski race.

Cheers!! Get out there and enjoy!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm riding tomorrow for sure! Clear skies right now - I can see the grooming machines from my balcony. Pray for zero inches and hope that it won't be as busy as it was today: ten minute waits for the dreamcatcher by 10am and a longer line at the ticket window.

Look out for me. I'll be the guy with the brand new shiny step-in TD3s and a hot date for Valentine's day.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="<A href="

"></param><param">
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Another Fine Johnasmo production!

Is that a legitimate rhyme?

Dave, you beat me to it. Here's the embedded version. Mostly Dave, as usual, but caught James carving too.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEEN05rxlB0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEEN05rxlB0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Looks like another super day for the Targhee Search & Destroy Crew! :biggthump:biggthump

John, really love the section at about 2:00 where dredman is coming down the hill and you fall in behind him, feels really cool to watch that - and takes some crazy riding & shooting skills to make it look that smooth! Good work! +1 to what Kinpa said - I'm sure others would love to see this too!!!

Hey Guys (and Kelly),

Anyone coming up to Targhee this weekend? Yesterday the corduroy was as smooth and firm as I've ever seen it here. It just keeps getting better and I've been telling myself all week that I'll 'rest tomorrow'. Of course, every morning the report reads 'zero inches' and I can see the corduroy from the balcony here so it never happens. Everyday I'm convinced that it's the last good corduroy for a while so I have to wreck it (and my body) before I can go home to the hot tub. Anyway, today I'm on the couch licking my wounds, tomorrow I'm on the monster. Who's in?

My hand is feeling better and my mojo is full again and back in my pocket (know what I mean Dave?). I've been way overtightening my boots and riding smoother than ever.

Hope to see you all. It's always way funner to ride with a crew, especially you guys. Last weekend was a blast, sorry I had to duck out early but I had valentine's day responsibilities...

James

I am in! I will be up Saturday and Sunday!! Weather looks clear on Sunday and most likely, very good tomorrow!! Wahoo!!

Glad to hear your paw is healing up and you have found your mojo!!

I think BigDogDave is joining in on Sunday...

Casper? Kelly?

I think there is a lift ticket deal for season passholders again, if you need cheap tickets..

0900 at the DreamCatcher!!

Hope you all liked the latest edition of Johnasmo Video!