Note to New Members ×

PRIOR WCR 183 Titanal $200

DiveBomber

Prior WCR 183 titanal, Buffed top sheet (shiny, reflective, not a total mirror finish), you can see the reflection of the bottle in the pic.

great base, top sheet has a crack(and top sheet ONLY), but Prior said its ok, and rides just the same. (keep in mind there is a bottom layer of titanal also!)

$200

good base and plenty of camber, still a heck of a great ride! Cheap way of getting into a metal board, that retals for $900 on prior's site.

You can see the crack in the last two pics, crack slowly grew from the insert holes, but as you can see in the side pic(also shows camber) theres no deformation. board was not wrecked or crashed, grew over time

will take paypal but must be from bank acct or balance, unless you cover the 3% fee, also accept other forms of payment.

2vwzlsn.jpg

2ry3psx.jpg

2wel3xt.jpg

ilja02.jpg

2ztdkxk.jpg

a crack right across the inserts, looks like it's already broken....

and snowman says prior already issued a credit for that board. if that's true I'd say divebomber should earn the first selling ban.

He can always sell it as a mirror in your bathroom ;)

Snowman is completely correct. I sold this deck to divebomber. It truly is a cosmetic crack in the topsheet, but I contacted Prior last year about the board and they gave me a crash replacement price on a new metal board. Prior's customer service was awesome to deal with, and I'd hate for them to keep issuing credit for the same defective board. Great customer service shouldn't be taken advantage of, or else it disappears and we all suffer.

Snowman is completely correct. I sold this deck to divebomber. It truly is a cosmetic crack in the topsheet, but I contacted Prior last year about the board and they gave me a crash replacement price on a new metal board. Prior's customer service was awesome to deal with, and I'd hate for them to keep issuing credit for the same defective board. Great customer service shouldn't be taken advantage of, or else it disappears and we all suffer.

Oh, im sorry I didnt realize you had already used the $100 credit. So ill retract that statement

FYI, I emailed Chris Clark at Prior and he confirmed my thinking that the titanal top sheet is a structural component of the board. He stated that a crack across the board is a structural failure and it should not be ridden.

"The titanal topsheet is a structural component of the board. If it gets

chipped along the edges it's not a huge deal. If you start to develop a full

hair-line crack across the width of the board it is a sign of structural

failure (caused by a big impact/crash)." -Chris Clark

Sorry to disappoint you, but better than a law suit.

:(

Eric

FYI, I emailed Chris Clark at Prior and he confirmed my thinking that the titanal top sheet is a structural component of the board. He stated that a crack across the board is a structural failure and it should not be ridden.

"The titanal topsheet is a structural component of the board. If it gets

chipped along the edges it's not a huge deal. If you start to develop a full

hair-line crack across the width of the board it is a sign of structural

failure (caused by a big impact/crash)." -Chris Clark

Sorry to disappoint you, but better than a law suit.

:(

Eric

Thank you RkyMtn!!!

Eric here is the short story, All boards with metal topsheets can be damaged, All it takes is a pressure ding from anything to weaken the metal, and start a falure, Lots of boards ding and never fail others do, it was really a crap shoot with new boards. Prior was the first to try and mass produce metal boards, at the time only Kessler was doing so for athletes and a huge cost and high failure rate. All boards with a metal top were having the same issues maybe 5% turned into cracks and of that 5% maybe another 10% of thoose broke. So as you can see the numbers were very small. There are lots of happy prior owners out there with metal boards and no problems.

Most builders learned to place the metal into the board and solved the issues, Prior Warrentied any board that had issues with in the boards warrenty period. And as a curtisey offered any metal board owner who had issues after the warrenty period a credit toward a new board purchase, while still keeping the old board. No other manufactor of Metal top sheet boards has or did this but Prior. As a retailer I was so inpresed with the new construction that we at Hardbooter had a custom line shaped just for our customers using this construction. Prior went above and beyond for their customer service.

To answer the ? about Divebombers board, the top sheet which is Metal is cracked from edge to edge across the insert pattern it has clearly failed and bay or may not fracture at that point, once the crack goes from edge to edge the topsheet then loses its sear strenght and the boards ride is comprimised.