Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session 2010

Riceball

I'll be bringing a camera too, but only my point-and-shoot A640 -- I don't feel like carrying around the D200. Hopefully this time I won't get it soaked in soy milk. :)

Thanks for the pizza-and-vid offer Steve. Saturday would work for me -- it frees my Friday up for another party. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing y'all and doing some riding again.

--

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, sounds like Saturday night is it for the post-carving gathering in Calgary.

Bring swim gear if you want a hot tub.

We'll supply everything else.

Date: Saturday, Jan 16th

Time: 6:00pm

Place: Steve and Ann's

Address: 78 Springbank Cres SW

Home #: 403-217-2688

Cell #: 403-389-6462

Google Maps Directions:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Hwy+40,+Kananaskis,+AB,+T0L+2H0+(Nakiska+Mountain+Resort)&daddr=51.012891,-114.311371+to:78+springbank+cres+sw,+calgary,+alberta&hl=en&geocode=FZFcCAMdaosh-SFKOoqCMs3aVQ%3B%3BFZZ_CgMdQXYx-SkRVuMO9G1xUzGy7MfOdu9_0w&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=10&via=1&sll=51.009435,-114.65744&sspn=0.590152,1.209869&ie=UTF8&z=10

I know it's hard, but lets try a few meeting times:

Fri: 9:30am - group meet - Outside front of Nakiska Lodge

Sat: 9:30am - group meet - Outside front of Nakiska Lodge

Sun: 9:30am - group meet - Outside front of Sunshine's Trappers Saloon

Lunch - 11:30am each day - Same locations except inside (Nakiska will be upstairs in the Lounge)

Thanks for offering up your place Steve and Ann! I'm in for pretty much anything someone will drive me to. :) I'll have my cell with me: 204-510-FART. Text, call, whatever.

Allee, will you have room for a 182 board in your car along with Neil and me? Or a roof rack?

I was a little worried FedEx had lost my board as the tracking number was dead for the first 24 hours after I dropped it off, but all looks good now for a safe and timely arrival.

Corey - I have a roof box on my car, but I'm talking nicely to one of my workmates. I might be able to borrow his truck for the weekend, so we can just throw all the stuff in the back. I'll find out today. We'll get you there, don't worry about that ...:)

Steve, was that 'inside' Trappers at 9.30 on Sunday? Oh, wait, what ...

Anyone up for a mini demo session? Assuming the snow is good of course! We'll have to go with the idea that if you break/damage someone else's board, you buy them a new one. There are going to be some pretty cool boards there that most people wouldn't get a chance to ride before buying.

I'll have my Coiler Mini-Monster; 182cm, 20cm waist, 14/15m sidecut, built for a 190-lb rider, rockered nose. Kind of scary below 20 km/hr but add a bit more speed and it's one of the best I've ridden.

Anyone up for a mini demo session? Assuming the snow is good of course! We'll have to go with the idea that if you break/damage someone else's board, you buy them a new one. There are going to be some pretty cool boards there that most people wouldn't get a chance to ride before buying.

I'll have my Coiler Mini-Monster; 182cm, 20cm waist, 14/15m sidecut, built for a 190-lb rider, rockered nose. Kind of scary below 20 km/hr but add a bit more speed and it's one of the best I've ridden.

I'm up for this! I rode Bruce's big Monster last year at SES and really liked it.

At the moment, I think this is the who is riding what from my side:

Alaina - Prior 4WD 157

Ann - Coiler AM 169 (brand new)

Steve - Prior WCR 182

Brad - Virus Scalpal 170

Matt - Coiler AM 169

I'll throw some of the other alpine boards I have (Burton, Mistrel, etc.) into the back of the truck.

I'll have my Donek AX167 and the Coiler PR173, and I might throw the Madd BX159 in there as well if I have room. Anyone who wants to borrow is welcome.

If anyone needs bindings or a loaner board post here before Friday and someone will find something for you to ride.

Steve, rather than Trappers, can we meet at Goats Eye on Sunday? The lodge there is way less crowded, the cafeteria lines are shorter, and we'll probably be riding off there at least part of the day. It's a way better place to offload and store gear, and it will be easier to find people than in the scrum outside the main lodge...

I'll have my glass AM 172, waist 21.5. Has anyone taken boards on Air Canada recently? Their website says 1 board only, wasn't sure how sticky they are about that - do they check in the bag? I could take my 200 cm Tanker if anyone wanted to try that.

They never check, but don't tell them or they get all bent about it. And make sure they know your gear is coming, or they'll stick you for excess baggage charges. If you didn't register it when you booked, call them today and give them a heads up.

They never check, but don't tell them or they get all bent about it. And make sure they know your gear is coming, or they'll stick you for excess baggage charges. If you didn't register it when you booked, call them today and give them a heads up.
I registered it. Not sure I'll take it anyways, kind of a PITA to wrangle two boards for such a short trip. But if there's a lot of people who'd like to try the Tanker, I'll bring it along.

If anyone has a spare TD2 (Standard) heel bail available to borrow, I am still awaiting a replacement from Bomber and am partially binding-less.:confused:

Do you have a spare set? I have some TD1 standards, but not 2's - one of the other guys might be able to help out if you're really stuck ...

My "spare set" is still enroute from Bomber, as I just broke the one last Sat. at SSV.

According to the Bomber store, all Trench Digger 1 and 2 binders have the same heel bails. So if you have one, I can make it worth your while to bring it along on Sunday!:D

I would also like to add my Voelkl RT 163 SL to the available boards to try out, if anyone wants to.

If the bails are the same, then I'll bring a spare one tomorrow.

We'll be there for sure, hopefully by 9.30 but otherwise wait around for us if we're a little late. I have to detour and pick up my parks pass iin the morning.

Corey will have his cell - the number is earlier on in the thread - and I'll have mine - 403 880 9238.

Hey Alex. Were you that guy on skis I was talking to near the bottom of the mountain? I was the asian dude hanging on to the SLOW sign. If so, hi again and I'm glad you remembered the site address. If not. Welcome anyways. The guys/gals here are great.

Simon.

PS. Had a blast yesterday guys n gals. Hope to do it again soon. Hope the pics and footage turned out.