Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session 2010

Riceball

Anyone else pumped for this? I'm really excited to play in the mountains! I'm nervous that my legs may not be able to keep up through 3 days of riding, but I'm sure going to try! It's just over 2 weeks away - Holy!

Allee, I'll box up my boards and get them shipped to you a week or so in advance. It sounds like it'll be REAL fun flying there after the latest air fiasco... :(

What kind of boards do most people ride? I'll be bringing my new 182 Coiler for sure, but am not sure about a 2nd board. Was thinking a 170 Madd metal in case I want to change it up. I don't own anything for powder, I'll rent if there is a huge dump.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know when the boards are on their way. I'll keep an eye out.

It's easily wide enough at Nakiska to let the Coiler do its thing. The groom and pitch are so good that long, skinny and fast get the nod - it's the only place locally that I run my Coiler. For Sunshine, it's going to depend on conditions - if there's no recent snow it gets groomed into pretty decent carving on Goats Eye/Wawa and the front of Angel. But even in the powder there I run the Axxess and it does fine.

Cool Erik, the more the merrier!

I have a little flash-based video camera that shoots 720p at 60 hz and a couple of 8GB memory cards. Anyone want to assist with some video of one day? I vote for Friday as more people will be around. I'm being totally selfish as I have almost no video of me riding, I want to see what I look like. In my head I'm a rock star ;), but I'm ready to have that idea smashed if necessary.

Anyone handy with video editing? I can put the clips together but it'll look like an engineer did it, not an artist. My camera outputs .mov files in H264 format.

I'm pumped for this, but it's cautious optimism. I start physio tomorrow on my knee. It has been exactly one month since my knee-on-knee Soccer collision occurred and it is still very sore. However, I am seeing small improvements in it daily with stretching and light strength training.

Worst case I can come out and bring my digital SLR and fill up my memory cards. I'm working hard to not sit on the sidelines though...

I have a skimore pass thatmy GF used for two days when she was here this week. I don't know how picky they are about ID, but it's up for grabs to anyone who could convince Nakiska they are Alexis.

It has one more discount day, then a free day, then another free day after two discount days.

PM me if you are interested.

If you use the Ski More card in the kiosk on the hill, you only have to know the registered birthdate. As soon as you pump that in, you're good to go. So if someone wants to pick this up it will save you some $$ on the free day - it's only good at Nakiska though.

What time are you going to be at COP on Tuesday? My workmate has just bought an alpine board and is coming out next weekend, but really wants to get some snow time in first ... COP would be ideal, if it's not iced solid with this warm weather.

So if you're half-daying it, are you volunteering to play video camera operator next weekend?:)

Does anyone else have a nicer video camera? As mentioned before, I'll be bringing my cheap Aiptek. It can record in 720P but can't zoom and I have no idea how long the battery will last in cold weather.

Steve: Here's hoping the brace makes it comfortable/safe to ride. What camera do you have? I have a Nikkon 70-200mm AF-S VR lens that I could bring along.

I do, but I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the movie files in post. I had it in Aspen and got some ok footage, but still haven't been able to do anything with it. I have a underwater/sport case for it too, but it's pretty big with the case.

Stupid sony.

Cool, we'll have to share movie files before we go our separate ways each day.

Re: File manipulation - I use SUPER video converter to change file formats/sizes and then use Windows Movie Maker to do simple editing.

Looks pretty warm all next week. Hopefully the snow is good for the weekend! Clickable forecast links:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/skifx/caab0635

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-34_metric_e.html

Yes, I'll volunteer for taking pics and some video. I'll bring my Canon EOS 500D - it does 1080p HD Video too!

I'll likely hit COP around 6 or 6:30pm. Alaina hinted that she also wanted to come.

I'm still going on Friday - I try not to let the conditions dictate when I go otherwise I'd never get out!

If you guys need anything (a ride, beer, dancing girls) give me a shout on my cell at 403-389-6462 - I'll see what I can do.

I'd also like to have everyone come over to my place either Friday or Saturday evening for pizza and suds and to look at the pics/video we shot that day.

All right, you're on for tomorrow night. Steve will be on the carving board (a yellow and black striped Renntiger), and I'm going to rent softies and attempt to ride duck - because apparently this is the right way to kiteboard.:)

We'll look for you on the lift - take a couple runs down the front side, you're not usually too hard to spot.