Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session 2010

Riceball

I can get a really good deal downtown but maybe more convenient to get something on the way out of town?

I live on the West end of Calgary, closer to the mountains, so it is easier for me to pick you up from somewhere near Canada Olympic Park or McMahon Stadium (Calgary Motel Village). But, if you happen to get a sweet deal downtown, I can make a loop there to pick you up also.

Maybe talk to Corey and see where he is staying so you're both in the same area.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live on the West end of Calgary, closer to the mountains, so it is easier for me to pick you up from somewhere near Canada Olympic Park or McMahon Stadium (Calgary Motel Village). But, if you happen to get a sweet deal downtown, I can make a loop there to pick you up also.
Yeah, I expected as much. The hotel I get a deal on is the Westin, looking at the map that won't be convenient for anybody unless they live downtown, especially on a Friday morning.

Allee, what did you mean by SW corner? Way south, so you'd be heading out by 22X or more like the hotels on McLeod Trail so you'd head out by Glenmore Trail?

Another question - anyone flown Air Canada lately with boards? Are they real sticky about that only 1 board in the bag rule?

They typically drive out #8/Glenmore so that's where I'm looking. So far Travelodge at 9206 Macleod is the winner for me at $88/night and just a tiny bit North of Glenmore.

Watch the fees on Air Canada. If it's a 'shared' flight the fees can be horrendous. I didn't have any issues with 3 boards in one bag on my flight to SES. Just keep it under 50 lbs.

I'll probably take only 1 board anyways - my Tanker isn't the best pick for Nakiska.

That Travelodge is $79 through Expedia. The Howard Johnson in the same area is $74. Hotel prices are similar in the West end. We should probably sort out who's getting a ride with who and then pick whatever's most convenient for the driver.

Corey, that Travelodge is way down south by me ... but that works fine, I can pick you up on the way and hit Glenmore pretty easily from there. I had a look, but it doesn't appear there's any accommodations around the Signal Hill area where Darcy and Steve are - the closest to them would mean a detour to 16th, and then head west from there.

Neil, if you want to look at the south end of town, Carriage House, the Delta Calgary South, Holiday Inn are all options in the same area. I can play driver from there. If you want to stay up in the west near motel village, I'm sure one of the west end people can pick you up.

• 1 month later...

Here's the list as posted so far in this thread:

Riceball - 3 days

Corey - 3 days

Allee - 3 days

Neil - 3 days

Waypastfast - Friday, Saturday

korc - unconfirmed

Laid Out - 3 days?

gayebee - Friday, Saturday

Alberta boy - unconfirmed

bartron - 3 days