Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session 2010

Riceball

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to try to make it out, put me down as 60% there. Hopefully for a couple days though.

What do you guys think about riding Friday/Saturday or Sunday/Monday to try to miss some of the crowds? I'll be taking two days off work for travel anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

I'm in. Especially for Sunshine on Sunday. :) Corey, if you're thinking of coming across and need a place to stay, just drop me a line.

Thanks for the offer! You have a dog or cat, right? If not, I'm in! If so, my asthma/allergies will keep me away. :(

Air Canada's current seat sale ends on Thursday. Do the sales come and go often? I don't watch them closely.

Allee: Sorry, that's a deal-breaker for me, even with drugs. Thanks again though! I'll definitely try to grab rides from people to the hill. Or does the gang stay near the resort?

Seat sales tend to be pretty random. You might luck in if you wait, you might not. Plus we can make sure you get a ride, at the very least - even if you are beast allergic :)

Steve, try not to order the -26C rubbish you served us up last year too. Ryan and Freddy can't handle it.:eek:

Seat sales tend to be pretty random. You might luck in if you wait, you might not. Plus we can make sure you get a ride, at the very least - even if you are beast allergic :)

Steve, try not to order the -26C rubbish you served us up last year too. Ryan and Freddy can't handle it.:eek:

Ok i will be the first to admit i am more of a fair weather boarder! Nothing wrong with that....lol!! :rolleyes:

Based on comments received, the dates are now set.

NES 2010

Friday, January 15 - Nakiska

Saturday, January 16 - Nakiska

Sunday, January 17 - Sunshine

Please block off your Calendar now...

I'll try and talk to the weather Gods and see if they'll give us something above -26C this year!

You Know I'm In unless the knees are out!!

Steve count Wonser and I in!

The more days the better!!

Last year was a Freak'n hoot. Didn't even notice the cool weather it was so much fun.

Man with the new high speed chair on gold we should be spent in no time!!

Darcy

<!-- / message -->

Have no fear of the cold, just ride harder and you will warm up:angryfire.

You know how it goes, "Pin it you ferry!"

You might need real thin inner gloves so you can opperate the camera and not freeze the fingers. Metal gets real cold, and I mean real cold on the hands fast.

You should see if Jorg can make it out with the Euro so strong. He is a fun guy to ride with for sure.

Darcy

Allison is right though... if you stay in Calgary, you can hook up with us for dinners and such. Don't worry, we'll get you to the mountains from here!
OK, so the decision has been made - I'm coming solo and will fly in, so I'm looking to get a lift to the hill. Where should I stay? I can get a really good deal downtown but maybe more convenient to get something on the way out of town?

ETA: booked my flights, coming in Thursday evening, heading out around 8 pm Sunday, so should be able to enjoy 3 full days. Hope I can get out locally sometime earlier to shake a little rust off.