Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Reports 2009-2010

www.oldsnowboards.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a nice day riding with Bryan, Mike, Dan , on alpine boards . The light was a little flat but the new snow really helped conditions as the groom was good.

Did a heather run from upper A zone accross to ??? and found good powder with my touring friends Maureen and Marty.

Pic of big avy debris that went through heather canyon on sunday night .

Jim

post-219-141842299141_thumb.jpg

Cool! Thanks for the pic Jim. Yes, great to finally get a day in with friends!

The riding was good, the flat light rolled the aggression factor back several clicks. Had a chance to play with several new toys, the Coiler Headhunter 200cm and the Bomber TD3 Sidewinders. Both worked very well. More in another post as time allows. Bryan

Photos:

Sandy, early alpineglow taken with my favorite P&S that doesn't do so well on the move through glass! You get the idea though. The colors were incredible.

Dan L and his lovely GF Thao getting ready to hit the slopes.

Parking lot surface shows the harsh rain-snow-melt -freeze cycles effect.

post-198-141842299145_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842299148_thumb.jpg

post-198-14184229915_thumb.jpg

Finally joined bomber. Had another stellar day at meadows today. Rode with Mike H, his wife Wendy, and two friends from CA. Rode two days in a row. That is pretty rare for me. Hope to go up again on Friday with Thao. Mike H. may also be there.

Carve on,

Dan L

Excellent!! Welcome to BOMBER officially!!

I was feeling pretty worked, hope conditions stay good for Thursday.

Bryan, how did you like both the Headhunter and the TD3SW's? Sent you an e-mail as well about a few other things in addition to what we talked about the other day and was wondering if you got it. Glad you guys got some snow, that avy debris looks wicked. Wish I could have been there to ride with you and Jim.

cheers,

sandy

Made it up for a third time this week. Incredible carving snow again with patches of good light this time. Didn't see any other carvers. Did Cascade and parts of it under the chair were really good. Thao has come along really well with all this hero snow, even though she is a two sticker. Hope the weather stays cold. Next day up will probably be Tuesday.

Later,

Dan

Made it up for a third time this week. Incredible carving snow again with patches of good light this time. Didn't see any other carvers. Did Cascade and parts of it under the chair were really good. Thao has come along really well with all this hero snow, even though she is a two sticker. Hope the weather stays cold. Next day up will probably be Tuesday.

Later,

Dan

Glad someone got it Dan!!

I would have been there but I rode hard yesterday and needed rest. It was flat light in the am and got sunny around 11:30am . Turned into a SUPER day!!

Thanks for the update. I will provide better details on yesterday as time allows.

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1330825717473" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1330825717473" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>