Note to New Members ×

2010 Eces

ursle

Ahh, it's that time of year

got a letter from the loaf guaranteeing the lowest prices of the season if I book by sept 15'th and I'd like to take advantage of it

I see the ECS has been on the books all summer even had a change of date once, hoping to hear about the eces dates before the 15'th

made it up to the loaf three years ago, caught a 22" dump which made for phenomenal carving two days later, the two days on the prior pow-stix were not a waste of time, now I even remember the plow for the grand summit driving over the front of my prius, arrg

anyway, nudge, nudge :cool:

ursle,

ECES planning is underway. I've been busy negotiating rates and bids from mountains as is Jack. We are still waiting for a few bids to come back before we make a decision and announce a location. I'm not sure we'll have everything together by 9/15, but we will certainly try. Either way rates will be heavily discounted.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, I'm tickled pink that you all are even considering Stratton... just called them and found out that a three day lift ticket gives the bearer one day of the three at Okemo and or I'm assuming Sunapee, which makes for some varied terrain, assuming one might be bored at Stratton, I'm guessing Pat could run the nastar course with snowboard gates at Okemo with a little prompting, Sunapee is always in fine shape for a little exuberant carving and there are a lot of choices nearby any of the three mountains for rooms

We're reviewing bids from Sugarloaf and Stratton and figuring out what to do about demos.

People want demos, right?

I vote for No Demo's.. and get back to original heart of the gathering, pick a mountain we can ALL plan to meet up at during the selected week...Sugarloaf is my choice, because I don't get there often enough.

Anyone at Stratton, Okemo, Sunapee can ride at any other of those moutains for free. Direct to lift no getting a ticket.

I vote Stratton.

Actually I vote for Sunpee, but it is too small for a ECES.

EZE

I don't know about the other two, but Stratton is very accomodating to employees of other mountains. I got comped a ticket there last year with just my employee i.d. from the little hill I work at in Mass (you're supposed to have a letter from your employer). Just walked up to the regular ticket window, the gal ran it by her supervizor, and I was on the hill for zero dollars and got a smile and "thanks for coming" to boot.:biggthump

I pick Stratton if I could have choice.:biggthump

Some of their runs are nice and wide with a moderate pitch for long windy cruising and while abit of a "leg burner" can really open up our turns on without fears or running out of carpet under our feet before the treeline makes us turn hard back the other way!

Maine is awesome, but a serious "haul" for a lot of us. 8 hour drive in :"OK" weather is one thing..... completely a nightmare in snow or sleet/ freezing rain (nearly 12+. back in 2003 when I was last there) for a " long weekend".

* as always, for the long haulers, My place is in Albany NY, so if a pit stop or overnight "liver marinade" session or just even a "rest" is needed, before the event, the doors open !

Yea, you guys get the tickets while we are stuck paying 70 bucks!! at AspenStratton...

What happened with the Stowe bid???

Sugerloaf...dammm thats far....:eek:

I guess I'll just have to figure out how to make it happen no matter where it is.

I will have to get some help from What The WTF...:biggthump

RSS

If I go, I'll be driving. Most likely you'll be able to hitch a ride with us, if ya want.

Damn, Sugaloaf is a long drive from Columbus...

Thats pretty much how we are treated.. they call the Midwest the fly over country!!

I guess someone needs to do the MESS! Midwest Exspresion Session.

Dunno but Medina Ohio is pretty hilly... ahahahah..

Seriously I see somewhere in Michigan, like boyne or Nubs Nob or even then Seven Springs PA .. Wisconsin???

I might do a drive for some fun... even though I can reach Stratton about the same as Boyne...

Maine will be a haul... but what ever you guys decide Im sure will be good..

RSS

I vote Stratton, well not that I actually have a vote:freak3:. Lets go back to where it began. Any way to have it at Both Stratton and Okemo?? Kinda like SES

Last time I was at Okemo was '96, but I distinctly remember being struck by how narrow the trails were. Also it's no more challenging than Stratton so I don't really see the point of bothering to go there too.....?

Jack, the trails are indeed narrow @ SLOWkemo.

Just bring a shorter board :p

* but its also a place of deep deep personal anguish for myself that I only revisited once (last year actualy) since a major race crash in 2002 on Chieftan trail (I think that was the name of it) and It was only because of hardboots that I was able to be confident enough to go rip it again, so I atleast can say "THANKYOU" to hardbooters (even saw Urlse) while there, but I think I was in the softboot park gear when we shared the lift.

Stratton would be awesome. Lots of lodging options also :)

I'd be willing to cook for a function or imprompeteau tailgate "weenies and wankers" party with my grill @ some place if we so desired.

For personal reasons, I'd be able to ride better knowing we carvers were sectioned off for a few trails so we wouldnt have to constantly have to keep checking for "interlopers" and straight liners coming thru our arcs. Its one of the things that keeps me constantly "worrying" and not just letting loose and flowing hard carves and going "all out".

For personal reasons, I'd be able to ride better knowing we carvers were sectioned off for a few trails so we wouldnt have to constantly have to keep checking for "interlopers" and straight liners coming thru our arcs. Its one of the things that keeps me constantly "worrying" and not just letting loose and flowing hard carves and going "all out".

We will probably get one trail on one day, but at Sugarloaf it's almost unnecessary during the midweek, and you can really relax. The place is all but empty. We'll see.