Note to New Members ×

Fin - busted!

Jack M

You must be ****ting us. I can't believe that price. I think I can buy a full sized hyundai that gets 40 mpg for that.

Jack for the win, but fails on the step thru.

Ahhhh.... a true snowboarder.

yeah, buy japanese when it comes to scooters, not THAT much worse for half the price.

$2,300 for the 50cc metro (vespa look alike) http://powersports.honda.com/2009/metropolitan.aspx

or if you want euro engineering get the aprilia http://www.apriliausa.com/en-US/Model/21170/SPORTCITY+50+-+125/Overview.aspx

also less than three k

with vespas, expect to pay like 1000 to 1500 more that what you'd pay for anything else BTW the vespa 50cc goes for 3 k

want super cheap? you can get a junky chinese ride for like $800 US

all get 100 MPG or so!

maybe the kawasaki eliminator, way less gay looking until you ride it, 125cc cruiser bike basically a scooter without the GAY

Bryan, I love that MP3, it's a carving machine...

A friend of mine got one and he has real fun with it.

The price tag for Piaggios in Portland is way more expensive than in Europe.

And Bobdea, I can tell you that though I've seen a few guys bomb the freeways in the Bronx (without helmet), I have never seen anyone venture to speed and slalom between cars in Manhattan, like they do in other big cities. Too many potholes and too many crazy cabs !

Aprilia makes a 250, 125 and a 50. The 125 and 250 wouldn't be legal here.... technically. Of course, there are ways to sneak them onto the road.

the 125 is a two stroke, probably faster than my 250 four stroke, if you could plate that it would be a super fun bike.

is the 50 a two stroke as well? if you can street it with a 50 two stroke, it probably be kinda fun.

boy, if I had a extra 10k to burn this is what I'd have color-sxv-4.5-5.5-off-black_cropped_406x375.jpg

Bob, the 250 he (Jack) is referring to is a 2 smoke

and

Jack they are legal though I don't know the specifics about how, I have a motorcycle buddy who bought one last year. If you are really interested I can ask him for you

and lastly I'm pretty sure the 125 come as a kit for the 50cc as well as a complete bike

the 125 is a two stroke, probably faster than my 250 four stroke, if you could plate that it would be a super fun bike.

is the 50 a two stroke as well? if you can street it with a 50 two stroke, it probably be kinda fun.

boy, if I had a extra 10k to burn this is what I'd have

Bob, the 250 he (Jack) is referring to is a 2 smoke

and

Jack they are legal though I don't know the specifics about how, I have a motorcycle buddy who bought one last year. If you are really interested I can ask him for you

and lastly I'm pretty sure the 125 come as a kit for the 50cc as well as a complete bike

Right, the 50, 125, and 250 are two-strokes. Pretty darn sure the 125 and 250 do not meet emissions standards in any state. However I have seen a couple 250s on the road with plates and lights, so there is a way to sidestep the law and plate them if you know how and the right people I guess. But you still run the risk of getting in some trouble.

Yeah, I like that priller 450. But for 10k I'd rather do this: www.450moto.com