Note to New Members ×

homemade remedies for a sickness?

Arclite

Hey, its me...again.

I woke up sunday feeling like crap and Its so bad I've missed school today. Finals start on friday and I need to be able to breathe and think during finals.

It feels like a cold + sore throat or its strep. not sure.

I've been drinking camomile tea, taking cold pills that mom gives me, and nyquil.

Every so often an advil/asprin or two.

Any suggestions?

I've used this with some success when awake at night with a coughing fit:

Make a paste of 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar, 1 table spoon of honey, and 2 tablespoon of normal water. Mix them well and take 1 teaspoon of this mixture whenever you have cough problem.

Don't know why, but it does seem to work. Probably because it tastes so awful you forget about your cough.

Arc: if you are under 21, I suggest the HCV remedy. amped with lots of water. If you are over 21, I suggest the HCV remedy plus some medicinal Wild Turkey. I'm not a doctor nor do I carve like one.

Honey Cayenne and Vinegar has been a staple in many a households for too many years to count. Shawndoggy has it nailed when he suggests this simple remedy. Remember, it's not a pill. You won't necessarily feel better in the morning. But, cayenne is a natural blood thinner, vinegar defeats an acidic enviroment in the gut (germs grow in acidity), and honey just makes it oh so sweet to eat! Seriously, honey contains propylis, natural enzymes from bees stomachs which seem to defeat bacteria and fungus.

Also, consider a warm saline solution using a Neti Pot, previously discussed here on BOL in the sinus cavities. Avoid antibiotics, use only as a last resort if necessary. If you do use antibiotics, counter the effects by taking pro-biotics (acidophillus, lactobacillus) to alleviate any stomach discomfort and dispyiosous (spelling?). Antibiotics are indiscriminate killers and don't have a conscience. They kill good bacteria as well as bad bacteria. Sinus infections could be a fungal infection mixed with a minimum of bacterium. I'm not a doctor nor do I carve like one, again. :)

Good luck to you!

Mark

It kills bacteria in your throat and eases the throat pain immediately. Do it three or 4 times a day. If you don't like the Neti-Pot idea (they really do work) you can buy a can of this stuff called "Entsol." It's a saline nasal spray in a pressurized can with a nozzle on the end. It works just as well as a neti pot and is a lot easier to use. Just do it in the shower, so you're not dripping snot everywhere! Specialty drug stores usually have it, or an occasional chain store will carry it too.

better, still a sore throat and stuffy nose and stuff.

I'm gunna try the gargling the salt water trick. sounds easy enough.

NyQuil is my best friend lately and my mom gives me these pills every day.

Chicken Noodle Soup helps clear my sinuses and every so often i sniff a jalepeno....sometimes taste it depending how bad my sinuses are.

Getting over it though (I think/hope) :boxing_sm

Thanks Guys!

Zicam. It works. And Emergen-C. Accept no store brands.

Maybe not? Might lose your sense of smell?

I guess it depends on which product type you use? -

WASHINGTON The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday consumers need to stop using certain Zicam cold and allergy products because they can cause permanent loss of smell

the single best remedy for strep is 20 ppm colloidal silver. gargle a shot for awhile and then swallow. It can also be sprayed up the nose and is very effective.

for those of you easily swayed by pharma propaganda fear not you will not turn blue unless you drink gallons a day for years. If you do turn blue you will not die you will just be blue.

Good silver products are clear not yellow you can test them by shining a laser pointer through them. if you can see the laser beam in the water its real silver if you can't its just water.

normal preventive dosages are up to a tablespoon a day.

when you are sick its perfectly ok to go through a quart in a day or two.

If you want to make your own dont buy the battery powered machines, they make the lower quality stuff that turns yellow. I would suggest the one from silvergen.com constant current = consistent particle size and higher quality product

I would also say that Emergen-C is a great product. The mineral ascorbates are the best form of vit C and the most easily assimilated and used by the body.

airborne is a better product than Zicam

echinacea works well depending on the type of virus contracted. if it doesn't make a noticeable difference in a day or two quit using it.

sambucol or any black elderberry product are very effective against influenza and other respiratory infections.