Note to New Members ×

Carving Magazine

alexgforce

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in for as many issues as you can create! Good luck with everything!

Put me on the list I want to subscribe as well. Lets make t happen!!

I'm tired of looking at the "Carve" magazine from Japan thinking I might pick up Japanese just looking at the letters!!! (Great mag though... as far as I can tell...):biggthump Thanks again Flywalker!

I'm tired of looking at the "Carve" magazine from Japan thinking I might pick up Japanese just looking at the letters!!! (Great mag though... as far as I can tell...):biggthump Thanks again Flywalker!

LOL!

My pleasure(^_^) lf you kind of squint and turn the mag at an angle it gets easier to read. At least that's what my Japanese teacher tells me.

• 2 weeks later...

I can only speek for myself, and even if I love carving, I'm still interested in every aspect of snowboarding or even some other "action" sports where the carve is an art that has recently been shadowed by "tricks". Typically, I'm pretty much disapointed by the place reserved in these sports publications to nice looking curves, and that's why I go to bomber from time to time, but not to the point I would suscribe to a strictly-hardboot-carving-on-corduroy magazine.

What I'm saying is that I would certainly suscribe to a quality annual publication centered on the art of drawing nice curves, but probably not to one only speeking about hardboots.

I think there is room for such a publication, hardbooting centered, but having regularly some articles about people who love making powerfull turns (and I'm not speeking of throwing your tail against a bunch of powder to throw some spray, I mean real turns) with their snowboards - be it hardbooted, softbooted, noboarding, or even from time to time in other sports would be really appealling.

Imagine this: you center the mag on snowboard carving, mainly hardbooting but keeping an open mind about softboot carving specific equiment and riding technique, and putting a stack of interviews of characters, asking them specifically to speek about drawing curves if they are not mainly known as hardbooters. I'm sure Taylor Knox (surfing), Kainoa McGee (DK bodyboarding), or even Xavier Delerue or Jeremy Jones (you may know that those two have been more than capable alpine riders in the past) would have interesting things to say about putting it on the rail. It would also be fun to ask alpine competitors how they snowboard when they are not competing or training specifically.

I'm pretty sure this would reach an audience outside the current hardboot world (me included) and as a consequence introduce more people to the sport.