Note to New Members ×

What would you like to see an instructional video?

tpalka

start even further down, and explain what a carve IS. What the board is doing, how the sidecut and flex relate to a true carve? Based on what I've seen and heard, and heard numerous times here, many many boarders do not know what a carve is.

On that note, a glossary would be a good idea:

Carve

Skid

Inclination

Angulation

Mastication

Camber

Sidecut

Cant

Tilt

Stance angles

Stance width

Stance setback

It doesn't have to be all presented at once (that would get boring) but it would be great to clearly define those terms as they come up.

If your friend ever actually does make this video, please advise him/her to include a wee bit of humor. I fear that if it turns out as overly-analytical and uber-serious as most of the technical threads on this site that most users will get glassy eyed and comatose within the first 10 minutes and end up turning the thing off. ;) There's nothing like a carver in a chicken suit to liven things up and keep people's attention. (I doubt many people would accuse McConkey of being a bad skiier...)

If a video was ever to be made about hard-hooters, I'd say it should stricktly be filmed in NewEngland. I think that's were all the hardcore riders come from. Nothing like riding ice all day...

you funny :biggthump

I don't think we could stand all the short boards and arm flapping.

I don't think we could stand all the short boards and arm flapping.

Ice = short board

don't at all understand the arms flapping bit

have had the pleasure of watching some of the elite east coast ice carvers

never saw any arms flappin

a small section of the video could be devoted to advanced carving on ice

the rest could be on hero snow or pow and let the arms flap or whatever

• 3 weeks later...

I could provide script material /scene ideas from my update book--sold in fourteen countries--'"The Fundamentals of Snowboard Carving and Racing." I also have written scripts for technical stuff in the world of business, plus teach video script writing.

Let me know you thoughts.

Someone said some people take boarding too seriously. That's true, but you can be accurate and have fun at the same time. It could be a fun project. Bear in mind, it will take a lot of planning, a lot of material to fill one minute of screen time. This project needs to be written and story boarded before you go out to shoot.

Marco