Note to New Members ×

Madd 180 - sold

Jack M

SOLD

2mw6t7b.jpg

I will be sad to see this board go. I have said they'd have to pry this board out of my cold, dead hands. But time marches on.

The board has TONS of life left in it. I don't think I've taken much if any of the camber out of it. Clean, nice looking board, minor cosmetic topsheet blem on tail.

$95 PTC tune, 1-base 3-side bevel, base ground flat and structured.

Unless you've been under a rock for the past couple years, you know that metal composite boards are now all the rage. This is not a metal board, but it is still as fun to ride as the day I demo'd it and fell in love with it. The carbon fiber butterfly topsheet is unique in the industry, and it accomplishes much of what metal is now doing: improved vibration reduction, increased torsional stiffness, and better edge hold while maintaining that signature Madd liveliness. Madd snowboards represent the pinnacle of non-metal snowboard construction.

specs:

length: 180cm

waist: 19cm

sidecut: elliptical, approximately 16m

taper: about 5mm

If you can't justify the absolute latest bleeding edge tech, this is the best GS board you will find anywhere for this money and more.

US$400 plus shipping.

t1.jpg

post-5-141842285499_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
I pm'ed you earlier this summer as we were going in your area for summer vacation. I was hoping to check out the board and maybe get it and save on shipping but you never got back to me. Now I need boots so no boards for a little while.

Hi Ernie, very sorry I didn't get back to you. I just found your email and it came on June 20, which is the day we left for a week's vacation in Jamaica. I guess your message got buried while I was gone. You didn't mention the board though.

I'm not a madd master, but i do know certain models are better than others

It's the 180, per the title of the thread. Specs are in the OP.

made for what weight?

It's a 2005, before they started making multiple stiffnesses. Between 2005 and 2008, I weighed 170 to 180, and it worked great for aggressive carving.

I did not ride it in the 2008/2009 season.

Eric, that board is perfect for the big groomers at Stratton. You'll tear it up on the 180. It's a great board that gives you a big board feel of a 195 in a short package. Jack's Madd would match the turns of my Donek 195 which has a 16m radius.

Alex will be your best friend:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Advanced softbooter (since 1997)

Beginner extremely enthusiastic hardbooter

female

161lbs

5.11" height

will it make me happy as my skills progress?

i currently own a renntiger 163 SL which i actually love, but this seems like such a good deal, and you know, women like shopping :1luvu:

thoughts appreciated.