Note to New Members ×

TD3 Hole Plug

Chubz

I dont have them yet, still trying to unload some boards, but I read that the TD3 holes sometimes gets plugged up with snow. Not thats it any big deal , but being a guy and problem solver would these in the right size properly slip into the opening to keep it free of snow. I realize they are designed to go over ends of PVC but could they be used on the ID of the TD3 hole. The soft rubber would make them easy to remove to reveal the screws or can snow get in from underneath? The height of the caps would need cut down. and maybe put a groove on it so they dont pop out.

What is the true ID of the plate hole?

until I get some TD 3 I cant guinea pig.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=21335&product%5Fid=2036

Do they have one of these for a flute? My wife started playing last year and my ears are already severely damaged?

A flute can't be as bad as my wife learning to play the fiddle. One of our dogs would get a pained look and leave the room. The other dog would just lie there and growl.

A flute can't be as bad as my wife learning to play the fiddle. One of our dogs would get a pained look and leave the room. The other dog would just lie there and growl.

I wouldn't bet on it. Trying to be a new age sensitive male, I held my composure as long as I could, and snuck off to the bedroom, crawled into bed and put the blankets and pillows over my head. I didn't say anything, but when she came looking for me and saw my head buried she said she was lucky that her parents were supportive or she'd have a complex.

I tried to explain that I was being as tactfull as humanly possible, by just trying to get away, and not making any derisive comments but she insisted on punishing me by not playing while I'm around. Boy did that work out well.

Well, I can't really complain. I play the guitar, mandolin, and old-time clawhammer banjo. If my wife can put up with banjo playing, then I can certainly put up with her fiddle. I'm actually quite supportive because I'd like her to be a better player so that she and I can play together more, but even with my encouragement she doesn't practice much.

Sorry for the thread drift. Anyway, what is the diameter of the TD3 binding hole? A standard guitar soundhole is 3-7/8" to 4".

It sounds to me like there's a real opportunity for an exciting fashion statement item to personalize your TD3s. University Logos, NFL, NHL Team logos... Every TD3 owner will want at least two pair as next year's must have Xmas gift. ;) Seriously though, you could have fun making cool bungs for that hole.

Do they have one of these for a flute? My wife started playing last year and my ears are already severely damaged?

My wife is now seriously playing the piano...at a beginner level. Not too bad now, but for a while one of the cats would look at her with a pained expression, and another would walk up behind her and put claws into her backside when he had enough. Kinda funny, you know, but couldn't laugh, as a supportive mate...

State Industries here in Winnipeg makes a 3-3/8" plug out of polyurethane. We use the 3-3/4" version at work to plug an access hole. They're not pretty, kind of a glossy black thing that's very industrial-looking.

http://www.state-industries.mb.ca/cdftp0441/products-p2.html#GROMMETS

What about duct tape or Saran wrap on powder days? ;)

Because I use the transculent covers of the Pringles Chip boxes for my photography (grey/white balance), they precisely fit in the hole of the TD3. I just have to find a way to get them in firmly because there is a play of 1 mm. But that shouldn't be a problem.

post-105-141842271393_thumb.png

post-105-141842271394_thumb.jpg

post-105-141842271398_thumb.jpg

I was thinking about a weatherstrip. Because this material is resistent against different temps and water, ice and so on. Going to look in the store tomorrow.

Edit: its less than 1 mill so have to look for another solution like some thin all weather tape.

My 0.2cents to this one :rolleyes:

I would make that cover to cover also whole center area, including those angle adjustmet slotes. That would be much more usefull then.

I think by making 2 additional small threads and using small finger tightened screws that cover plate could be easily be held in place :eek:

Hmm, i might do that to my Td2s if/when i have time