Note to New Members ×

Chair lift incident at Vail leaves skier EXPOSED

Chris

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUNNKzj_Nc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUNNKzj_Nc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What? No offloading pics?

OK, you guys have got me joining in....against my better taste....

It's one of those times you are glad you said "to hell with the DIN scale...crank'em up!"

"Shrinkage occurs....but the hair remains!"

"Why does a female ski patrol have to be on duty now???"

"Next time...suspenders!"

"I sure hope they didn't sell me Markers!"

"Good think I have a helmet on...."

Really.....making fun of some misfortune that is not his fault is just wrong...

with my trusty MRR rotomats...granted racing springs and din to 18 so if I hit a bus going 60, I'd be dead but boots and binding would be firmly attached--the Dukes and Barons have much improved the maligned Marker name

Haven't heard that lingo before. I assume you're implying that tyrolia and marker have a similar idea of what a DIN setting should be?

later,

Dave R.

with my trusty MRR rotomats...granted racing springs and din to 18 so if I hit a bus going 60, I'd be dead but boots and binding would be firmly attached--the Dukes and Barons have much improved the maligned Marker name

I had some MRR's too, just thought they were the coolest thing. Not even step-in's, you had to reach down to latch the heel, had the sliding AFD too. Ran'em on my K2 VO Slaloms, just totally the rockin' setup back in the day. I ran mine at about 12 and would blow out now and again. I have Tyrolia binders now at only 9 and it's been no problemo.....but the way you stand on the ski makes a difference (honest!) and I'm standing on them better now. The greatest bindings in the world were the old Look turntables-they were totally reliable, just a fantastic binding!