Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

shitshow.  left after 5 runs due to a poor attitude oddjob and the dude faired better than I

mario

Mario - 

Might your poor attitude be due to too many people on your lawn? Vail on 1/23 was terrible. On the front side, I was constantly worried about running into people - especially the hoards of little kids.

It started on the drive up, it was an aggro rolling circus from wadsworth on. I almost turned back 4 times. I was in the 4th row at 6:55, the lodge was packed at 7, and there where lines everywhere, including the bathrooms. I have never seen it like that, and I wasn't in the mood due to sampling a few too many nice beers the night before

Mario

• Like 1

mario - unfortunately, i think that is the future of riding in summit county.  the horror

show of vail or keystone is trickling down to loveland.  i don't remember the lot

being full; now it is full every weekend.

i don't know of any solution except just ride mid week -- which isn't a solution

say if you have a job.

i see the day when weekend riding isn't going to be fun.  it's a question of when.

i'm angry and gloomy.

• Like 1

I am going to try to stay optimistic and chalk up  last weekend to a mythical  "pow day",  I don't think it is a trend, more of an anomaly

This is good. The direction this thread was heading, I was worried you were going to trade in the Sansabelts and brown Munsingwear polo for a Ted Kaczynski-style hoodie and wraparound shades. Maybe it was the er-the-Broncos-aren't-playing-this-weekend-what-else-is-there-to-do crowd? I've seriously given up trying to figure out these patterns anymore. Why should the behavior or 50,000 idiots be predictable?

• Like 1

On Sunday, I misplaced you hooligans, after a rare equipment change to softies. I later found Terry and headed up 6 for some powder fun. On the ride up, we witnessed an unsuspecting pizza-wedger come to an immediate halt and perform a near perfect, all equipment intact, 1-point faceplant on Roulette (obviously on the wrong lawn, eh Biggs). I found some deep freshies off Royal Flush and exploded under the ropes at the bottom so far out of bounds, I had to hike back up to the trail. And with the exception of some unwelcome impacted snow in the nether regions, it was all quite humorous. By 11:30 it appeared everyone found nirvana powder stashes, as the runs were relatively deserted, so I extended my day to the point of Weeble legs, exiting around 2:00. Oddly enough, return traffic wasn't horrendous...

Nothing in stone, but considering tomorrow rather than Sunday, due to elevated temps and possible limited cloud cover, as opposed to Sunday's lesser forecast.

Anyone else?

James

When we were at Loveland on Jan 17th, powder wasn't predicted (but there was lots of it). Crowds weren't too bad. I think the crowds are driven by powder predictions - not real-time conditions. 

Unfortunately, it seems like the only way to go on weekends is to head up stupid early and leave stupid early. Otherwise we have to be weekday opportunists. 

• Like 1

mario - unfortunately, i think that is the future of riding in summit county.  the horror

show of vail or keystone is trickling down to loveland.  i don't remember the lot

being full; now it is full every weekend.

i don't know of any solution except just ride mid week -- which isn't a solution

say if you have a job.

i see the day when weekend riding isn't going to be fun.  it's a question of when.

i'm angry and gloomy.

BTW Pete, this is how it was busy on Superbowl's Sunday at Keystone.

Just saying...))

• Like 2

Let's start with a disclaimer: Yes, I'm an idiot. And an idiot who knows it's the Friday of Presidents Day Weekend. And one with two kids in Jefferson County Schools, knowing full well that several school systems around Denver, including our own, take the day off. And I put my own kids in lessons today. And we did this same deal on this day last year.

Yet still, Loveland was surprisingly crowded today, especially with tiny little people who would take you out at the knees if given half a chance. Fire Bowl and Turtle Creek were a writhing, seething stew of unpredictable, out-of-control beginners. The ridge and 4 looked too crusty for enjoyment, so I stayed mostly on Reload, but couldn't truly open it up for fear of killing someone. The Hazelwood gets surly if it feels underused, so it abused me.

All around good times. For those of you at ATC, you may think about extending your stay. However, in fairness, any day at Loveland beats a day at My Dumb Job. And traffic was light on the way home.

• Like 1

Let's start with a disclaimer: Yes, I'm an idiot. And an idiot who knows it's the Friday of Presidents Day Weekend. And one with two kids in Jefferson County Schools, knowing full well that several school systems around Denver, including our own, take the day off. And I put my own kids in lessons today. And we did this same deal on this day last year.

Yet still, Loveland was surprisingly crowded today, especially with tiny little people who would take you out at the knees if given half a chance. Fire Bowl and Turtle Creek were a writhing, seething stew of unpredictable, out-of-control beginners. The ridge and 4 looked too crusty for enjoyment, so I stayed mostly on Reload, but couldn't truly open it up for fear of killing someone. The Hazelwood gets surly if it feels underused, so it abused me.

All around good times. For those of you at ATC, you may think about extending your stay. However, in fairness, any day at Loveland beats a day at My Dumb Job. And traffic was light on the way home.

I was thinking about stopping on the way home, but changed my mind, glad I did. As I passed by, all lots were full, including the lot above the race lot.  Yikes, I think I will sleep in tomorrow, I only have so much energy to chase people off of my lawn, and that pitchfork gets heavy after a while

• Like 1

Sunday Sortie..... Solid ice parking * Mass wedding weirdness * Odd Job * Terry * Ice * Greenie * Todd * Myself * Lovey weather * Unknown Renn Tiger sighting * Massive Munchkin Alert * Mambo * Richards * Fire Bowl * Firecut * Gratifying groom destruction * Tasty Hydration * Windshield snow removal * I-70 Follies by 1:00 * Film at 11:00 * Back to regular scheduled chaos * Next Sunday * Be There!

later

James

Edited by Dusty Bottle

The more I read about these conditions, the more I think that it is only worthwhile to go mid-week - and then only on a powder day. The crowds are getting terrible.

ATC at Aspen was really refreshing. No lift lines. No crowded runs. 

The banners at Vail read "Vail - Like no other place on earth". The similar banners at Aspen read "Relax - It's Aspen". 

Very true. Now I'm really spoiled. The "good old days" may be behind us. 

Maybe I can hold Mario's quiver of rakes & pitchforks - "GET OFF OF MY LAWN!". 

• Like 2