Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

8 hours ago, kiteparsons said:

Mario and Ink,

thank you for your condolences. I am still grieving (and sore as hell). Mario, I actually sold off the MK to fund that new proteus. Third day out on it. May it Rest In Peace. Next time I won't be so big headed and slow down to avoid gear breakage and potential hospital bills. 

I still had a great time seeing everyone. See y'all next time. 

Sorry about your board, but it can be replaced.  Just glad you came out OK.  :biggthump

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:41 PM, b.free said:

Can you explain what happened?

Thanks guys.  Right, I'm just glad to be okay, sore, but okay.  Bfree, it was a high side coming off a really hard heelside turn.  Flipped me a couple times and I came down hard on the tail of my board.  Heard a pop and thought it was my leg.  I'll put some pictures up eventually.  Its not the most impressive looking break, but it is broken through the core so the board is toast.

How did I miss this? Oh, that's right, I couldn't contain my enthusiasm and was already on my way down the run.

Aaron, I am glad you are okay, and I feel your pain, I've done this twice on toesides , one was a jbird freecarve, and the other on a 185 sg. sucks breaking boards, snapped 'em both right behind the bindings. Again, glad you are unscathed.  Are you coming out this weekend? shaping up to be a good one weather and groom wise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slopestar said:

Next year, Katie and I will be on the Loveland pass. My best days this season have all been there and we have ridden just about everywhere else off I-70.

That's Awesome, one more piece in my nefarious puzzle......:eplus2:

Typically they go on sale late april, and are good for the last few weeks of the season

Edited by big mario
needed to add evile emoticon
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, big mario said:

That's Awesome, one more piece in my nefarious puzzle......:eplus2:

Typically they go on sale late april, and are good for the last few weeks of the season

LCI, taking over the mountain one carver at a time. Or in this case two at a time. 

Ink

• Like 4

17 hours ago, big mario said:

How did I miss this? Oh, that's right, I couldn't contain my enthusiasm and was already on my way down the run.

Aaron, I am glad you are okay, and I feel your pain, I've done this twice on toesides , one was a jbird freecarve, and the other on a 185 sg. sucks breaking boards, snapped 'em both right behind the bindings. Again, glad you are unscathed.  Are you coming out this weekend? shaping up to be a good one weather and groom wise!

Gosh I sure hope to. I've kind of psyched myself out of riding this week. Maybe I can find my big girl panties by Sunday and make less of a fool of myself. It's looking like I hope to be on the Loveland season pass wagon next year too. 

• Like 3

Just plain ol' fun

nice little posse up today, regulars Mr. Positively Awesome, Coach Inky, The Odd One, and myself were joined by Lance, Effin'N(you know who you are!) and Lovey regular Seldom seen John( shout out to Edward Abbey there). The quality of riding today was off of the charts(notso much on my part) and a nice job on once again defiling the groom for the early onset spring break kooks. Ice, you probably should invest in a go pro, it would've been nice to have gotten that end less Jorge style heelside on film, as well as some of my other bone headed slopside shenanigans' for posterity's sake.

It took a few runs, and some tinkerbellin', but I got that big, good karma virus to come around to my way of thinking, but dayum, that is some work. definitely not for the faint of heart, or light weight riders. or for more crowded slopes. I think I will be on something a little more forgiving next weekend, though it definitely was a fun ride!

See you next weekend,

mario

• Like 4

Hailey and I were down at the Valley, working on balance and turns.  She took her first lift ride on #7 and loved it.  When I tried showing her how to do the falling leaf she said, "That's no fun, I'd rather just start straight and then make turns."  Well, okay then.  I think she's been secretly watching YouTube carving videos. :1luvu:

See you hooligans soon!

James

• Like 1

Although the visual aid of lighting was dismal at best, I think everyone was filled with glee by the time we were done chasing meatgates. 

Bigs, that Virus 186GS is a wicked and fun ride. At all times you need to be on your game with that one. My legs were definately done after the beatings we gave Lovey today. Thanks for letting me check it out. I'll mount up the Spartan 196 later to see how that one goes next week unless you are wanting to session it. Just let me know. Also, you were doing a great job going left and right and it showed in your smile  

Lance, hope the knee isn't too bad. 

Odd one, keep it up. You are making really good progress in your riding. 

IMG_3383.PNG

• Like 4

Thanks Ink, plan on riding it, maybe my newest creation will be ready, if not I still have plenty of other toys to play with, maybe even your 183...

It is unpossible to believe that I am casting a shadow there, I didn't think there was enough light to do that

Good times yesterday, except for maybe the lift maze of death, hope your knee is better quickly Lance!

Juwan, be the edge.....

• Like 1

AIL over here. Ice in the lift line has me laid up and icing today. Thanks... I was able to  head up on my softies for about 5 laps before I called it. By the time I stepped out of the car after driving home, I was hobbling. Probably going to skip the spring fling this weekend in hopes of a quick recovery.

AIL over here. Ice in the lift line has me laid up and icing today. Thanks... I was able to  head up on my softies for about 5 laps before I called it. By the time I stepped out of the car after driving home, I was hobbling. Probably going to skip the spring fling this weekend in hopes of a quick recovery.

I'm sympath-knee-etic to yer pain.  Get well!

Edited by erazz
Wrong quote :P

Oops.  Sorry.  Wrong quote :smashfrea

I try my hardest to get injured off the mountain (lots of success so far!)

Edit:

... now that I think about it I did quote the right one!  My editor might have done a number on it!  (always blame technology - or alternative facts!)

Edited by erazz
alternative fact edit

Knee isl much more betterer...

knee replacement was the prognosis about 6-7 years ago. They said as long as I could live with pain and it didn't explode, don't worry about it. So I do get a lot of strain/sprain/pain if a push it. Falling over in the lift line, I mean after the horrific crash... it was strained. Then I rode on it a bit. Became sprained. 2 hours later, lots of pain. 2 days off work and she seems a bit stiff but good to go. Taking the weekend off to get working on our kitchen remodel...

see you all in a couple weeks!

Edited by slopestar