Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Ballitude

some thing I was totally missing on the new to me virus 186 Gs(thanks again Jose!)

I also thought it was one of my "special newly minted words," but no, its already in the urban dictionary. My definition is: noun, similar  to intestinal fortitude, but originating a little lower on the body. Used in a sentence:  " I did not have the ballitude to properly ride that 186 virus today, but I found it when I hopped on the 185 oxess"

The virus scared me, but I quickly made the ox my bitch. hit some crazy speeds on that, over 54 max, and nearly 45 sustained, liking  that new stick. I need to look at how the virus is setup, and get it ironed out, I could turn it, but I did not feel comfortable on it

Crowds where light early on, but started getting heavier as the day progressed, as per normal. Groom was a little meh, and inconsistent, but it will get better as it gets mowed a little more,

On the hill today

The odd one, ,whom is so totally on the spectrum, James, little Miss Haley, Mr. Positively Awesome, Racer H and myself. Looking forward to getting back up on the hill on Monday, straightliner Geoff is under the impression that 8 might be open. Definitely enough snow, but I would bring a rock board for any riding over there

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy solstice, and happy Kwanza to all!

Mario

• Like 5

So... Mario.  No recap?  I'll try

Firm fun snow.  Slow start but got much much better.  Weird crashes on catwalk and mountains of people by noon.  Seriously, WTF?!?!  The rental line was clear out the door to the other side of the terrace. Needless to say the last run was spent dodging flailing skiers.

Big big crew with Mario, Mr Ice, Oddman, Dusty, RacerH, A-burner, and both of the Hanukkah practitioners.  Did I miss anyone?  My head still hurts from the knocks (both snow and the alcoholic hot chocolate).  Great day!

Oh yeah, finally got to ride the Donek :) 

Edited by erazz
Nameomabob

Twist

Every once in a while Loveland ski area hands us a gift.

Moving the park off of Roulette

extra wide grooming on scrub

A groom on Nix Nox

Or....

The most sublime smooth firm groom I have ever experienced at lovey on Twist, and it was open to the public on a weekend

I've only had the chance to ride that particular trail once or twice through the years, and it as put a whuppin' on me at least once

Not today. well at least not for the most part, there was that one toeside chatter out....

Erazz:

sometimes it takes me a while to craft some of these wonderfully wordy ride recaps, so I don't always get to them right away. There are metaphors, alliteration, puns, sarcasm, lies, boasts and minor embellishments....ellipsis's and stuff, that don't always fly off of my fingertips

Btw, you forgot Johnny Danger, whom ended up in our orbit over on 6

see you in a few weeks, the recaps are in your hands.... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big mario said:

There are metaphors, alliteration, puns, sarcasm, lies, boasts and minor embellishments....ellipsis's and stuff, that don't always fly off of my fingertips

What about the insults, call-outs, sly digs, shots-across-the-bow, middle fingers and rake rattlings? You're capable of so much more, my white loafer wearing friend.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lordmetroland said:

What about the insults, call-outs, sly digs, shots-across-the-bow, middle fingers and rake rattlings? You're capable of so much more, my white loafer wearing friend.

Hey, I was keeping it humble....

7 hours ago, lordmetroland said:

you left out irony and snark btw

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, skipsilvia said:

I'm planning on first chair, or close Thursday.   White pants, black coat, if you are looking for company.  

Cool.  If conditions warrant hardboots, I'll be on chairs 1, top of 2 and 6.  If it's a soft boot day, I'll be in the trees and bumps.

Blue helmet, gray pants, jacket TBD.

On 12/27/2016 at 10:44 AM, inkaholic said:

KarverKai and myself out tomorrow, Wednesday, since I don't have to work this week. Maybe Friday and Sunday for sure. 

Ink

Too. Many. People. Rude. People.

What in the h-e-double-toothpicks happened to our quaint resort??? Miss Hailey and I ventured up to Lovey Valley early yesterday (Fri) for some ongoing tutelage, only to realize Mayberry had become LA! Ghetto blasters, subs and 99% out-of-state plates were the norm in the parking lot. I even saw a stand-off by 2 large 4x4 trucks for a parking space. Rentals sold out by 10am and lift ticket lines stretched past the #7 lift. Instructors and ambassadors appeared dumbfounded. Grumpy people everywhere. Hailey made half a dozen glides, got frustrated by all the pylons and near misses and was ready to leave by 10:30. I'm sure it got much worse. I expressed the limitations of our resort to quite a few out-of-state, negative interlopers and advised they should consider alternative, larger resorts in the future. They agreed. I did my part. On the positive side, traffic was minimal heading back down that early. Westbound traffic however, was a parking lot unto itself.

We may wait a week or so to let the herds thin.

later

James

• Like 2

Most excellent start to the new year. The dude, the odd one, Shelly and myself ripped reload, 6 and 1 to shreds. Much fun was had and neither the valley or basin lots were full by departure at 1145. The drive home was good and non eventful. 

Looking like KarverKai, odd job and myself will be at it again tomorrow morning if anyone else would like to join us. 

Ink

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Odd Job said:

Ink fixed my kinesthetic compass!

Not yet but working on it. It shows signs of coming to life but still needs more work to be fully fixed. 

Another fun day with the dude, odd job, James, mr. awesome, Arne burner, KarverKai, Terry and myself playing gleefully around the meat gates. 

Ink

• Like 2

Made it up yesterday. Pretty cold all day (single digits in the parking lot). Saw Don, Oddjob, Arne and Dustin. Snow was very good. About 12" new. First run was very slow. Board felt like it had a Velcro base. After that, it got better. Ran Ptarmigan about 4 runs, Lift 4 about 6 runs then over to #8. Lift 8 opened about 10AM but the mid-station liftie on #4 didn't change the sign until 11AM. Someone (?) was pulling a trick on us. By the time we got to #8, it was pretty evident that it had been open for an hour or so. 

None the less, we got in a lot of runs. Toward the end of our day (after 12) we were going skiers far left and still finding nice stashes of lightly tracked snow. Called it quits about 1:20. So, we got in 4+ hours of solid riding.

How did everyone else's day go?

Though it's sacrilege on this thread (forgive me St. Mario the Bellower), I took the family to Winter Park on Wednesday, so had lots of not so much "champagne powder" as "Olde English 800 powder" to plow through yesterday. Dense, heavy, but still gets you drunk. I opted for the UPZ ATB / Catek setup over the softies on a 187 Rad Air. Only Day 2 on the ATBs but aside from my toes getting really cold, they were great for powder riding. Maybe there is no softboot advantage? I fear my full conversion is underway...

• Like 2

Published on First Tracks Jan 11

Loveland Ski Area
Free Ridge Cat Skiing
Loveland allows skiers free access to some of the most exhilarating terrain on Loveland’s 18-passenger Ridge Cat. The Ridge Cat provides access to Field of Dreams, Velvet Hammer, Tickler, Marmot and Golden Bear when conditions permit. In addition to a valid lift ticket or season pass, a free Ridge Cat Pass is required for all users and can be picked up at the Loveland Basin Ticket Office at no cost.

https://youtu.be/-n3Gsei12To

Published on Mar 15, 2014

Loveland Ski Area provides FREE cat skiing access to the North Side of the Ridge on a first-come, first-served basis. When operating, the Ridge Cat will pick up a new group of skiers and riders just beyond the Gate 1 North off Chair 9. Snowcats will drop skiers & riders off at gate 4 North. This ski terrain is only accessible by foot or snowcat - there is no lift access here.

Edited by Pat Donnelly

Another great day yesterday. Pete, Arne, Gregory and myself. Gregory & I agreed that it was one of the best powder days either of us ever had. Lots of new snow. Snowed hard all day. Not as cold as last week (20s) . We wound up on Lift #8 again and stayed there until about 2PM. Lots of great powder and very few people to mess it up. Visibility late in the afternoon above timberline was near zero. 

Just can't beat the feeling of surfing through fresh powder. Like surfing through a cloud. 

• Like 2