Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Fun day today with a limited crew, things got cut up fairly quickly, but not before I could execute a near flawless head auger, which lead to Mr. positive doubling over in fits of extreme laughter as he came upon my snow plastered visage.  Maybe a little bit of setback is in order on the big monster. Ice, Odd Job, Erazz and myself in attendance today. Hardboots in powder for the win!

• Like 2

Got to play with my favorite toy Sunday - my Burton Fish - first time this season. I say my favorite toy because almost by definition conditions are great when I get it out. Had a great time surfing under Ptarmigan, South Chutes and on #8. I love the silent, smooth and effortless way of surfing the hillside. It would be just wrong to mount plate bindings on a board like that. Like applying whipped cream with a hunting knife.

However I think the "secret" of Lift #8 is out. I have never seen so many people at Loveland or so many people on #8. There were lift lines from about 9:30 until 11 or so. Not long lines but lines. ???????? I would bet that yesterday was a record attendance at Loveland. 

The little stashes of lightly tracked snow were pretty much gone by 11. Then it was getting beat up by baby moguls. We knocked off at 1 PM & headed home. Likely my last day this season. 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Does any of the Loveland crew get out during the week or are you mostly restricted to weekends? I'm trying to figure if I should get the full season pass or just go for the weekday pass.  95% of my days are during the week, but apparently the lci crew is good riding company so I was wondering if it would be worth it to go for the full pass.  If I do ride on the weekends I usually go to the basin, but even there is becoming a zoo with all the epic passers.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

Does any of the Loveland crew get out during the week or are you mostly restricted to weekends? I'm trying to figure if I should get the full season pass or just go for the weekday pass. 95% of my days are during the week, but apparently the lci crew is good riding company so I was wondering if it would be worth it to go for the full pass. If I do ride on the weekends I usually go to the basin, but even there is becoming a zoo with all the epic passers.

Nurse Aaron? Some of us ride weekdays. The largest group is on Sundays usually. Let us know if you're coming this season so one of us can get you a discounted pass.
  • Like 1

yo kiteparsons --

i think the full pass is worth it because riding with a crew can really help your riding.

in addition, it's good fun, because no knuckleheads are allowed.  the idea is to have fun.

the only problem is if you happen to get stuck in one of mario's trenches.

anything goes at that point.

and yes, i often can get out on wednesdays.

• Like 3

Thanks for the response guys.  Odd Job, haha yeah thats me.  We will get the full pass then.  The bonus days at CB and Monarch are nice too for a getaway.  I saw a guy on facebook selling some cheap tickets so I might come scope it out before the season is over.  I look forward to riding with the crew next season for sure.  

• Like 2

Awe some  :biggthump

What I would call an east coast pow day.  About 3-4" of dust on crust.

I had fun, others complained (which means they had fun).  Largish crew, 6-8 ppl depending on how you count (softboots, skis, and other weirdness).

Next weekend is shaping up to be good as well.

I am hopeful I'll be able to make it Wednesday.  I have a meeting I need to move but if successful I would be up there!

• Like 2

I have heard of you notion of summer and have rejected it!!!

post-305251-0-21556400-1461812247_thumb.

Fun fun fun.  I need to take more days off! 

Met Hill on the Hill.  Conquered Spillway and Richards.   Proceeded to scare myself on Roulette and topped it off with a pow run or two off of Reload.

Met the Russian connection, saw teach teaching and spotted an unknown hardbooter...  LCI is growing!

See you all on Sunday :)

• Like 2