Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Dusty Bottle,

THANK YOU sooo much for the early Christmas present!!!!!!

It will be quite a long time till I can fit into the hardboots but dada is looking for some small ski boots that I can fit into the NOS burton plate binders you gave me. :biggthump

See you next Sunday and Thanks again.

KK

Sorry to interrupt the ride board thread, figured this is THE thread to be subscribed to if you are in CO. Looking for an auto minded person to pay a visit to the seller of an automobile I just won on EBAY. Been shopping for this particular car for a while. I have won a couple but so far they have all flaked. As in, sold before the auction ended etc. Last one took a couple months before I got my money back!!! This time I want to see if I can "Firm" it up a little better. Car is in Monument, Colorado.

Ideally this good samaritan would visit the car to make sure it is close to the description. I would then pay them and this person can take delivery. You would be welcome to drive the car as long as you have insurance to cover it?

It is a sixties car I owned and raced in High School. Yep. Old fart visiting his past :D

I am paying pretty close to near value, so it is important to make sure it is not junk.

Spoke to Don Mono earlier tonight and he mentioned two guys that might be near by and fit the bill. I will find a way to make it worth your trouble? Dinner for you and your wife? 100$ cash? Something.

Sorry to interrupt the ride board thread, figured this is THE thread to be subscribed to if you are in CO. Looking for an auto minded person to pay a visit to the seller of an automobile I just won on EBAY. Been shopping for this particular car for a while. I have won a couple but so far they have all flaked. As in, sold before the auction ended etc. Last one took a couple months before I got my money back!!! This time I want to see if I can "Firm" it up a little better. Car is in Monument, Colorado.

Ideally this good samaritan would visit the car to make sure it is close to the description. I would then pay them and this person can take delivery. You would be welcome to drive the car as long as you have insurance to cover it?

It is a sixties car I owned and raced in High School. Yep. Old fart visiting his past :D

I am paying pretty close to near value, so it is important to make sure it is not junk.

Spoke to Don Mono earlier tonight and he mentioned two guys that might be near by and fit the bill. I will find a way to make it worth your trouble? Dinner for you and your wife? 100$ cash? Something.

Or a certain pair of head boots??:D

Hey Bryan,

Both D.T. and Dusty Bottle live in Castle Rock which is near by Monument. D.T. drives through Monument to get to work if he is in town and has been around cars much of his life with a dad in the biz. Dusty Bottle is and old gear head so he too may be a good candidate for helping you out. If neither of those pan out let me know and I will do what I can to help you out.

D.T. may have space at his house to store said sixties muscle till you can get it or I can at my place.

Ink

Kai,

You are sooo welcome! You were the only "Karver" I thought of when I found the boots and bindings. Hopefully, dad can find some boots that will fit you and the bindings for now and then someday you'll grow into the Raichles. And tell DT to leave your fries alone, cause you'll be giving him "Karving" lessons soon! :biggthump

See you Sunday!

James

Guys, DT, Dusty Bottle. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Really helped sort this out. Finally got the seller on the phone, didn't sound so good. Walked away from the sale. Thanks for your offers and help. Dissapointed I wouldn't be headed your way , but didn't sound like I would be able to drive it home.

Bryan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180763446066&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:MOTORS:1123

So who was the hardbooter on the caution sign yellow board?

I suppose that today's slightly windy, snowy day was an appropriate introduction to Loveland, topped off with a tour guide from New Jersey. Getting off at the top of Lift 2, I had just clipped in when a big gust of wind engulfed me in a huge cloud of snow. Left, right, up, down? Why don't I just fall down to recalibrate? Yes.

Good carving at the tops of Lifts 2 and 6. Roulette was good, Firecut wasn't. After lunch we tore up Switchback with few people around.

Loveland has reasonably priced food. Vail Resorts doesn't.

Finally got the seller on the phone, didn't sound so good. Walked away from the sale.
sorry to hear it didn't work out :(
Getting off at the top of Lift 2, I had just clipped in when a big gust of wind engulfed me in a huge cloud of snow. Left, right, up, down? Why don't I just fall down to recalibrate? Yes.

hence out motto :D

Thanks again DT , James. I really appreciate your help. Good tips on how to deal with the seller. Turns out the car was not the cream puff "Mint" body it was described as. I would not have been able to drive it home by the sound of it.

Fat Head, Great reports , keep up the good work. Nice having a PNW rider checking out the digs for us!!

Bryan

stopped off at ski patrol after riding sunday and made the observation

that perhaps reducing the Only Run Open on lift 2 (by setting a line/poles down

the hill) might not be a good idea. That perhaps funneling the masses into

a constrained space might lead to some problems.

i think the more we can put our voices out there, nicely, the better off

we'll be.

i beg to differ.

the first thing i do is ALWAYS compliment the ski patrol on doing a great job at loveland. always.

next i mention that i've been riding for here for 15 years and i appreciate being able to be here.

then i put out whatever observation i've got going.

it's always positive; it's never negative.

on sunday, i talked to a patroller i don't know, who said he'd mention it to Pip.

that's the whole story.

We'll be seeing you at Lovey Sunday

KarverKai is looking forward to seeing you two!

Prototypes from Red Oak Development, LLC will be out again. I think Ice will be on the Virus 183 and I will be riding the 174. These have Tretraglide Race Base and Superglide technology in them resulting in a waxless base. Initial tests last week were near ROD expectation with the 174 and AT skis working well. Glide was not hindered like the original version. These would glide smoothly and cleanly.

Ink

Just wanted to say "Thanks Again to the LCI & ALL the others I met & rode with this trip".

Had a Great time here as usual, some day I will be here permanently.

Wasn't as lucky with the coverage as last year, but still got out every day & leaving in one piece this time :biggthump..

Blue Mt. (local bump in Pa.) opens this weekend, so barring 65* weather back home my season will be started !?

If any of you are ever unfortunate enough to have to come east (NJ/Pa.) look me up.

I'll show you what the 'Highest Vertical in Pennsylvania' is like :D.

"Happy Holidays to ALL" -- jp1