Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Good to ride with you on the other day JP1. Also good to see LLR out for day 2 and meet MattJ. Good riding wicha guys and gal.

This saturday:

Family Race Day - This Saturday, December 18th

Join us this Saturday, December 18th for the first Family Race Day of the 2010 - 2011 season! Last season's Family Race Day was hugely popular and this season we are excited to have a dual slalom course so you can race side-by-side against your friends and family. Medals will be awarded to the top finishers! All ages, abilities and disciplines are invited to register the morning of in the Subaru tent at the base of the Loveland Basin at no cost.

Runes Ohana should be up for the race down Firecut. KarverKai has visions of gold but Concussed is talking about taking it.

Ink

LCI, I just want to say " THANKS EVERYONE " !! I had a Great Time again (except for the tree @ A-Basin) :freak3:..... I thought I was above the tree line :confused:

Loveland was absolutely AWESOME @ 70+% !

I'll have to check my notes when I'm awake to mention everyone, but it was a Great time for the 2nd year.

Lotsa carnage this trip, hope everyone heals up well and quick !

Always cool to see an 'Alpine Snowboard Shop' (Bola's) All Boards Sports actually and Mr. Wizard's (Fin's) 'Bomber Shop' is only surpassed by his Engineering Marvels.

What a Beautiful area :biggthump

Got out and spun the pedals up Apex tonite to celebrate the solstice, and I didn't do too terrible considering I have not been on a bike since july. Fun way to spend an evening.

Back on topic, I am planning on friday if anyone is interested, see you at the wedge

mario

Fun day today, scrub was mowed in its normal three track wide configuration, Pete and I spent the first hour( 5 runs) trying to make it down with some sense of style and aplomb and not make total asses out of ourselves. Greenleaf, glad to see you back out today, it has been too long and too deep into the season to finally ride with you.

Geoff, hope you are making some turns this weekend, if not I will make a few more for you

see you sunday

mario

loveland blows

I still don't have internet in Rock Springs. I have been riding at a small Mom & Pop ski area called White Pine Resort. (It's a 2 hour drive north). They don't quite know what to think about the MonoDude. It's all good though. On the second day most of the staff knew and greeted me by name. It has one chair and nothing very steep but the groomer is good and the trees are open. Not many people ride there and even less good riders. ( I guess with Jackson 80 miles north they ride there). Riding down the main groomers I might go 3 or 4 runs and not see anyone else one the run. Most of the time carves I layed down at 9:00 AM are still vivid at 2:00. It also seems that I can have all the fresh that I want. I went up on Thursday and had my pick of areas, (nearly top to bottom), of fresh untracked from the previous Monday, and I've only seen 2 or 3 tracks in the trees. I'm waiting for more cover in them. There's already been extensive P-Tex work done on the "Monster Fat" Powder Mono.

Ski Patrol is hounding me hard to come onboard. It looks like I'll be taking the required EMT type course in Jan. I think it's called "OEC". The General Manager and the 4 Owners want me to teach in the ski school. I'm in Heaven and trying not to get "The BIG HEAD" over it all.

I miss ridin' with the LCI. All you guys rip and my carving skills have have improved tremendously in the last two seasons by hangin' with ya'll. Thanks for lettin' the Freak ride along.

I'm going to try to come down for some more lessons in a couple of weeks.

Don

Feed the addiction...:eplus2:

Ski Patrol is hounding me hard to come onboard...

The General Manager and the 4 Owners want me to teach in the ski school.

now that is just plain scary!!!:eek:

:D

I'm going to try to come down for some more lessons in a couple of weeks.
let us know when so we can try to get some people out to join you!

my travel schedule is crazy for January so no week days for me, but weekends are open.

Hi. I miss you guys. :(

Hey Chica, you know that we are always there and you guys are always welcome to visit!

On another note, I decided to take my Christmas present (to myself) out for a spin in the snow today - what a hoot!!! The only thing better than enjoying the new bike was finding that a bunch of new singletrack has been built on my local trails!!! :biggthump

I did an out-and-back with a little break to enjoy the snow and scenery at a lookout. Within 15 minutes, my tracks from the "out" portion were non-existent. While the new trail is nice, they need a few lessons from the Trailblazers. The way things are contoured, they will have a few mud holes develop, along with some other drainage and maintenance issues. I should probably find out who is in-charge of building the trail and figure out a way to get them educated - might have to call on you, ink, for some assistance.

Bike geometry along with the DHX Air 5.0 worked superbly. That thing climbs like an effing mountain goat! The Talas 36 was awesome. Still need to dial-in the rear derailleur as I was getting some ghost-shifting at inopportune times. The tires hooked up great!!! The rear Ignitor broke loose a few times on some short and super steep climbs, but would quickly reengage and was awesome otherwise; holy sh*t that tire leaves a super-wide foot print! The Ardent on the front was hooked-up the entire ride.

Six hours later and I'm still grinning from ear-to-ear. :D:D:D:D:D

Ready to ride again as soon as the snow mellows!

Ink, I looked for you yesterday, but did not see you. Saw one guy on a test Rossi skwal, but that was the only other hardbooter. Rode the Oxygen proton from 9 to 10:30 when the sun was out. Went to the softies once the snow came and the light went flat. The crowds were out in full force. Besides being cold and windy, it is also crowded now.

Anyone riding Sunday, the 2nd?, should be a good day.

Happy New Year!

Arnie, I wasn't out yesterday. After the crowds on Wed and only 2 runs, I decided not to go. Concussed heard that Lovey exceeded their record attendance by 900...

NINE HUNDRED! Yes, you could say it was crowded. D.T. and I were both saying that we had never seen it as crowded in all our years of attendance.

Concussed, KK, D.T., Shelly and myself should be out on Sat and hopefully Sun.

Ink

I too observed the crowds when I was up on Tues. Rather shocked to say the least. Have never seen lines like that before!!

From an article yesterday on 9News.com...

"The last two days at the Loveland Ski Area have been our busiest in our 70 plus years,"

Looking forward to next week when crowds are gone and temps are a bit warmer :)

llr