Note to New Members ×

Hardbooter Census

KingCrimson

How many hardbooters do you think there are in the world that ride 5+ days a season on hardboots?

If you say 42, God help me I will find you and give you an orthopedic modification with a baseball bat. More realistically, I'll cry myself to sleep, but whatever.

Also, among kids, do you think more race or freecarve (or in my case..try to carve....)

This thread was inspired by a crazy old deaf man with an orange FP that went "Huh? Oh hey! Wow! Too bad there's not more of us" then walked off.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many hardbooters do you think there are in the world that ride 5+ days a season on hardboots?

If you say 42, God help me I will find you and give you an orthopedic modification with a baseball bat. More realistically, I'll cry myself to sleep, but whatever.

Also, among kids, do you think more race or freecarve (or in my case..try to carve....)

I used to live in southern calirfornia and go up to mt. high and big bear alot and didn't see alot of hardbooter there. It just hard to get up there with the LA traffic if you're a skier, softie or hardbooter.

I also used to live in northern california but the drive is 5+ hours in traffic and snow. I don't think I ever saw any hardbooter there but that was a couple years ago. In colorado I've met a couple hardbooters that are willing to meet up.

The problem could be your location and theres not much that can be done except to hollar for any one out in the bomber forums that are in southern california.

Still think everyone is missing my question. Also, there's lots of hardbooters down here, and being able to scrape the wax in bare feet on the front lawn enjoying the sun and then driving 2 and a half hours and being at a resort is fantastic.

I'm more specifically curious what people's opinions are than as opposed to knowing the real number. Photodad obviously has a very low estimate of hardbooters in his state, but I was more curious about based on that observance, how many hardbooters he thinks there are in the world. Same would go for you Ptran.

We have 246 registered hardbooter on our forum (we have kicked out more than double ammount away due inactivity during last years), total number filling calculation rules here should be double of that. And cause we have ~5milion people living in Finland, that means every 10,000th person is hardbooter :eek:

Boardski- :lol: Forgot about that picture of yours!

TT- I'll do that, but the thing is in hardbooting 10 times, I've run into 3 hardbooters that didn't even know what BOL was. A 4th owns a pair of TD2s but never registered here. Then again, those guys more than likely don't go very often.

Gecko- That's what I was thinking. Also, there's several "innocent" hardbooters you see in Hard Attack.

Pokkis- I don't have a hard time believing that at all. At any given day on Mammoth, there are 40,000 people skiing or snowboarding, and very rarely are there more than a few (think 2) hardbooters unless something was planned. It's a good thing we have ride forums.

Cindy- how accurate do you think that number is? I don't know if just because Scott puts it on the Almanac, and Jack mentioned it in an article that's gotta be 5 years old now means it has any ground. What's your opinion?