Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadow Reports 2008-2009

So, I woosed out, looked like it was cold enough but high winds (blowing snow = poor vis?)

Decided to see if Tuesday , Wednesday looked more promising for either deeper snow or better vis. Good day to try the new NAS Lib-Techs??:eplus2:

Interested to know how your day went?

Thanks, Bryan

post-198-141842280908_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842280911_thumb.jpg

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three runs into a great day of skiing. I hit some wind drifted styrofoam at speed. Result was a hard fall resulting in breaking my back and some ribs evidently. Spent the rest of the day in the hospital getting x-rays.

I will go into the details when I feel like it. I am walking, with a Jewett Brace. Compression facture to T8, seperated ribs + other boo-boos.

Well , I almost made it through the season ok this year :freak3:

My dear friends. Not really feeling like talking about it quite yet, hard to hold the phone and I am resting allot. Please, no calls for a few days. Thanks, Bryan

post-198-141842280948_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842280949_thumb.jpg

post-198-14184228095_thumb.jpg

So sorry to hear that Brian! I can only imagine your frustration:angryfire, but if there is anyone that can get through this, its you. I had a similar break in my back as well, even had to wear a brace just like that. It's great that you are already on your feet with a compression fracture, thats very promising! I wish you the best and a speedy recovery,

Quentin

So sorry to hear that Brian! I can only imagine your frustration:angryfire, but if there is anyone that can get through this, its you. I had a similar break in my back as well, even had to wear a brace just like that. It's great that you are already on your feet with a compression fracture, thats very promising! I wish you the best and a speedy recovery,

Quentin

My belly sticks out the front more than his does :)

The Dr. is looking at doing some sort of injection of glue to try to pump it up?

I was just getting back on my feet so to speak. I just can't believe it. The ramifications are just starting to set in. Thanks, Bryan

Three runs into a great day of skiing. I hit some wind drifted styrofoam at speed. Result was a hard fall resulting in breaking my back and some ribs evidently. Spent the rest of the day in the hospital getting x-rays.

I will go into the details when I feel like it. I am walking, with a Jewett Brace. Compression facture to T8, seperated ribs + other boo-boos.

My dear friends. Not really feeling like talking about it quite yet, hard to hold the phone and I am resting allot. Please, no calls for a few days. Thanks, Bryan

I am glad to hear that you are doing OK :( I have a old brace just like that from a similiar accident (minus the broken ribs). Let us know when you want to out again for some beers and laugh a little again (if it doesnt hurt too much). If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Take Care Jim

Bryan, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! When you said you had a back injury, I imagined the worst, so thank god that you're walking around. Best wishes for a quick/complete recovery.

Erin and I would like to run over some home cooked food when you're feeling up for company -- let us know.

Dude:eek: Sorry to hear about this if you need anything you have my number get well soon and call when you feel good enough

Ross

So, I woosed out, looked like it was cold enough but high winds (blowing snow = poor vis?)

Decided to see if Tuesday , Wednesday looked more promising for either deeper snow or better vis. Good day to try the new NAS Lib-Techs??:eplus2:

Interested to know how your day went?

Thanks, Bryan

I like the board :ices_ange like I said call if you need anything

Thanks everyone. Headed over to the folks for a home cooked meal.

Driving is a real pain with the brace, but it can be done. Example, the brace keep me so erect that I can't clear my head! Yes, the seat is already all the way down. Just received a cool t-shirt in the mail from Montana (thanks Ed!!) and a some very cool Pogo stickers/ patches from Buell and Rebecca. That cheered me up :) They did not know I was hurt yet, just co-incidence. SP.

"Bryan's Injury Blog Link"

Here is a BLOG I have started so those that want to hear the details can get as much (or more) than they want.

Thanks, Bryan

Brother Bryan,

Email me direct your address, so I can send you a few recovery gifts from Santa Cruz :1luvu:.

For me this week, the OR carving Gods (Don and Etsu) :ices_ange gave Ron, Jim and I some carving lessons at Kirkwood (Thurs) and I had a huge breakthrough :eplus2::AR15firin. :cool: Learning to pinch my hip BEFORE the turn and at the same time that I roll over of my board, I was struggling with pinching my hip after the turn :smashfrea which only put me in the exact opposite position that I needed to be. My breakthrough was made possible by taking two back to back group lessons along with some one on one chair lift discussions with Don. Double dipping is always a good thing!

To next year :biggthump

Hugh

p.s. And I changed my signature from "most of the time" to "all of the time"

Brother Bryan,

Email me direct your address, so I can send you a few recovery gifts from Santa Cruz :1luvu:.

For me this week, the OR carving Gods (Don and Etsu) :ices_ange gave Ron, Jim and I some carving lessons at Kirkwood (Thurs) and I had a huge breakthrough :eplus2::AR15firin. :cool: Learning to pinch my hip

To next year :biggthump

Hugh

Thanks Huge, sounds like you guys had a great time!! You are a fun bunch, so much positive energy. Thanks for the kind thoughts!! Bryan

Me, I just had a break through on the "sock putter onner thing" whoo hoo!!! One is on sideways but it only took me twenty minutes to accomplish !!:biggthump After all, I am a freeking genious :o Now to go get the mail with my perpetual "Happy Buddha" belly hanging out. It's going to be a big day!!;)

post-198-141842280956_thumb.jpg

post-198-14184228096_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842280962_thumb.jpg

Bryan -

So sorry to hear of your injuries - though I am happy to hear that you are walking around despite the back injury. Sending good vibes and positive thoughts from New York - Here's to hoping for a speedy, full, strong and healthy recovery for you.

Take Care,

-Jose

I rode meadows on Friday and Saturday, Tline on Sunday. Monday I did I bit of kayaking and went into portland for some fun with old friends. I did not end up meeting any of the local carvers though I did have a good time. Things were pretty soft during the day which made carving a little tricky, you couldn't push that hard or get too low. In the mornings though, things were nice and firm, particularly on saturday. My friends were complaining about the crowds on saturday ... which made me laugh. You guys would DIE if you saw how crowded it gets in VT on the weekends! Overall it was sunny, though there was some wacky weather on Friday with a bit of rain (though tolerable and none towards the end of the day). They had groomed a swath down #2 bowl (or four ... not sure which) which made for some super steep carving until it softened way up. I had a fun time as always. Sunday at tline was a bit of a bummer ... no chairs running up palmer and a 40 minute wait for the cat ... as hot as it was I would have preferred to be at Meadows for the additional pitch - but my friends are hosts there so I figured I'd spend a day with them there at tline.

Really sorry to hear about your Injuries Bryan - heal well.