Note to New Members ×

TD3 - few questions

BlueB

Ding. Ding. The one on the left.

Thanks Pokkis ( Brad too ), that is the heel.

For better or worse being a Burton guy it was not easy. The main Fintech page mentions all Raichle/Deeluxe and Head. Not a word about the Fire or Wind. Maybe they are getting old enough it doesn't deserve to be mentioned with the ones who are still making the goods.

When you find something that works, it's hard to move on.

Also looking at the binding and the heel. It looks like the extra peg is to help you line it up in the elbow of the receiver?? Looks sweet.

Thanks again for the help. Can't wait to try some out.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what bindings you used to ride, but TD2s, even with soft (thin) elastomer, feel stiff to anything else I tried. I ride them with suspension kit added, which would equal to the TD3s with soft (thick) elastomer. I'm 180. Hope it helps.

• 1 month later...

Maybe i didn't read enough, but if anyone would be kind enough to answer the following.

What i know so far.

the TD3 E-rings are compatible with the TD2 cant disks (which are the same TD2 cant disk = TD3 cant disk).

what i have questions on.

If i bought TD3 e-rings, would i need to buy TD3 center disks and some longer screws?

Or, would i only need to buy longer screws and can still use TD2 center disk? Or, am i fine with the same screws and center disk and would only need to replace the e-rings?

thanks.

Bullwings, Hans is correct, if you want to run the thicker TD3 E-Rings you will need the TD3 (taller) Center Disk and Longer (20mm) mounting screws.

bobdea: not sure if I could say the TD3 with yellow e-rings is softer then TD2 rings with suspension kit. Would need to do a back to back to really conclude that. However, my estimate is it is softer due to the fact the underside of the TD3 rings have large cavities in them to allow the rings to flex/compress more. Also, the material we use is a huge departure from the TD2 rings and much more tuned to what we are doing.

We do still offer the TD2 2nd Board kit but honestly the TD3 2nd Board kit is the better deal as I agree, it is much cleaner.