Note to New Members ×

Would you come to another person's office like this?

tex1230

So there's a rep here from one of our vendors (Hey AlexJ, It's your competition)

He is still drunk from last night, stinks like hell, hasn't shaved in days, and is wearing a wrinkled shirt and no tie.

Now, we are a pretty casual ffice, but I just cannot understand what world this guy lives in that makes him think this is ok. I have come to work hung over as hell, but not on a day where I am visiting a customer in their office. When did it become ok to visit a multi-million dollar account and look and smell like crap?

Tex, you want to try working the office for a construction company. Every second guy that comes in is drunk or high, reeks of cigarette smoke (Febreze is your best friend) and most of them are abusive, foul mouthed a$$holes as well. When all the guys were out in the field and only the girls were left, we had a baseball bat in reception and a panic button to the police.

It's certainly an education in how the other half live.

I hope you called your guy's boss and gave him an earful. Not kosher.

fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGGq8AF-U9o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGGq8AF-U9o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mr stiffington goes to bed early

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhhzb-YL0fg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhhzb-YL0fg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I would have to say it is inexcusable, no matter what the customer looks like you need to present the part you are trying to sell. When I am on site I always do the professional looking thing. (Maybe that’s why they don’t let me visit customers anymore)

Oh yeh that’s why we rock and those guys s ###.

Talk to you

Considering you work for a Wall St. type firm, that's pretty funny. It would be one thing if it were a construction office, its another if all the clients are wearing suits and ties. If he worked for me and I found out that had happened, he'd be getting close to fired - unless he was the number one rep in the company - then you get a free pass for nearly everything :rolleyes:

You should have blown up his globe and turned him over to DHS.

I got one for you.

There's a 20-something on my team who wears skirts and fishnets (not the classy ones) and occasionally sits on my desk when we talk.

Seriously??

I know, I know, you'd trade in a second, but to me that apparel/behavior is no more professional than what you described.

Am I an old man of the "damn kids, get off my lawn!" variety, or do I have a point?

As a newlywed, I'm not in a position to comment on her talent level. :nono:

Judging by looks though, I think the best comparison would be a lightly used Prior 4wd from about 2006 with a maple leaf topsheet...you're not going to mug old ladies to buy it, but you'd be willing to make room in the quiver. :ices_ange

I got one for you.

There's a 20-something on my team who wears skirts and fishnets (not the classy ones) and occasionally sits on my desk when we talk.

Seriously??

Seriously that is wrong. She is playing some kind of game, the like of which we ( men ) will never understand. Not that we don't have our own sh!t. Some of it may be that you just got married. If she can get a rise off you then it proves something about her ability to attract......and then the pheremones......and you have a mess.

I have been on the receiving end of this type of inappropriate behavior before and it is not fun. Particularly if you are not interested.

Her choice of attire also points to poor choices and decision making in other areas too. I don't think you are ready for AARP subscription just cuz you don't bite.

Love your wife. Ignore the other one. Ask her to get her ass off your desk.

I went to WalMart last night (something I do once every five years, but I was looking for something that was rumoured to be there), and cruised past the clothing aisle - which I can only say was full of 'skankwear'. This would be what your 20 year old girls are wearing to work.

I'm an accountant and even though I used to work for manufacturing companies, which usually meant I was in the smelly and disgusting areas of town, I'd always try and dress like one - not powersuits, but nice dress pants, fitted blouses and heels. But I look at some of the 'young things' in downtown oil offices and my eyes pop out of my head. Maybe this explains why most of the O & G guys are such asses - as in "are these your eyeballs - I found them in my cleavage" - if that's what they get to look at all day.

Maybe this is the first sign that you're officially old - you "don't get it". But I think the line is - "looks like a duck, smells like a duck, must be ..."

Regarding the new topic for this thread, honestly I wouldn't want to work in an office where there wasn't any good "scenery".

Whorish fishnets are surely over the line, but I'm fine with tight shirts/skirts/pants and a little cleavage in the office.

What I really find inappropriate is girls dressing like they're going clubbing to go to class, which I saw a ton of while in grad school. That didn't happen when I was an undergrad (class of 96). Cleavage to class? What?? Not that I'm complaining :D, but I hope the pendulum swings back the other way by the time my daughter is that age.