Note to New Members ×

Suggestions for heat moldable liners

bigdyno

I am getting ready to heat my new set of liners and have read the suggestions about using an insert over your toes to gain some room while you set them. What kind of objects have people used to accomplish this?

the the ends off of some thick socks

and put cotton balls between your toes

This worked nicely for me. I put cotton balls between my toes and wrapped them in a thin toe cap made of foam from an old armsling.

Remember to stand with a book under your toes while the liners cool, to create a nice heel cup for holddown, and remember not to buckle too tightly.

If you have some neoprene booties/socks, those work great. If not, a thick pair of old socks will work. I've never tried the cotton between toes before, I may have to try that next time.

Are you doing this at home? By yourself? It really helps to have an assistant and to do a dry-run a few times if you haven't done it before. Practice putting everything on/in so that it goes smoothly when you do it for real. Be sure to get the wrinkles out. And I'd read all the instructions people have posted 2-3 times through before you start. Or go someplace that does it professionally and get it done right the first time (that's what I do).