Note to New Members ×

Longest board???

Zcarver

I was talking to somebody the other day on this and I wasn't sure.

What is the longest (and shortest) snowboard out there? Any pictures to show them too. I remember a thread on this once, but I forgot it.

Also for those who have a long and short board could you take a picture of them side by side and post it. My friend doesn't believed there are boards that are over 190cm. I want to roll his eyes!!! Thanks.:)

I have a Donek 205

I know of several Donek 210

I believe CMC had a Donek 228?!?!?!

I have heard of some other customs up in the 230's

If you need some solid proof of existance, all the donek specs for these boards can be found at: http://www.donek.com/specs.htm

dont have any pictures handy . . . other than possibly this one:

http://www.bomberonline.com/images/photo_eces02_boards.jpg

photo_eces02_boards.jpg

taken by Jack at ECES 2002.

Lets see if I can get this right, From left to right, it is Donek 186 GS, Donek Custom 210, Donek Custom 175, Donek custom 175, Donek 185 GS, Donek 195 SGS, Sims Burner 197, Donek Custom 205.

This was the year before the 228 was made. Keep in mind the SHORTEST board in this picture is a 175. 175 is already a little on the long side for the "average riding public," so to get what you are looking for, one would have to add in something like a 155 or 153.

Hope this helps a little. And if you really need it, I can take a picture tonight of a 153 Donek SL, next to my 205.

-Todd

Originally posted by ~tb

Hope this helps a little. And if you really need it, I can take a picture tonight of a 153 Donek SL, next to my 205.

-Todd

Hey Todd that would great!!!! The small picture is also good! Thanks dude!!!

WOW there a 228!?!?! Is that true Curt????????

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

I just had to save this baby when he posted it last year.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Thanks Jack! I was laughing my head off!

I know there are long boards out there. I have seen them at last year ECES and for many years back.

It just my friend has no idea what boards are out there. Thanks:)

Guest Randy S.

I own a 125 that's my son's board and a 210 that I ride. I'll try to take a picture on Monday when I have both in the same place and post it. Its quite a contrast. My daughter has a shorter board, but its not a carving board. The 125 does have a square tail.

Originally posted by nekdut

Scott Firestone's excellent alpinecarving.com page saved the original thread from the old BOL forum where CMC initially introduced his board.

Check it out here:

http://www.alpinecarving.com/228

:D

That old thread was quite entertaining. Did anyone ever find out who was the CMC imposter!

The shortest carving board I've seen on the hill that was being ridden by an adult is my Oxygen SL 149.

The mucho is a 191cm, but Olive the shaper is getting the "tekila" 215 out of the press pretty soon.

Cost is going to be rocket high!!But Miuras are easily the best quality made boards in the whole world.. Each board takes 50 hours of work sometimes for the wood work!

A finish shaper called Samu makes a 211, and Pogo successfully made and ridden a 230cm this winter at La Grave. A few friends have been riding a "boheme" 222cm who is suppose to like deep pow too! ( There is a guy there who painted his board gold!!)

N.

Guest Pre School Rider

In My quiver the Big One was the Safari 205cm that I got from Andy Coghlan's old shop in Brrrlington.I had that board long enough to actually get used to flying around at 45-50mph.:o :) I traded it off to Nick at The Cutting Edge.He has it now,but won't ride it.Shame,really,as it is a fun board,especially in Powder.Having the LongComp 205,and then suddenly finding myself only with boards under 175cm inspired me to aquire big 200cm Tankers,which have been welcome additions to the quiver.BTW,I rode CMC's 228 Donek,and it's pretty burly.It definately was running out of usable real estate at Stratton! At Arapahoe(Bowls),or Sun Valley,Schwiezter,or maybe at Snowbird,it'd be a great board to have.But it needs ROOM to run. Speaking of Room,one of my favorite,but ancient,big boards was the 187cm Gnu Raceroom.My Lordy could that thing fly along! I think the speed limit on it was 60+ on hardpack.It was hilarious in freshies,able to blow by skiers at easily twice their best speed while still turning. :D At the other end of the size spectrum,I owned a Morrow Lunchtray,128cm,but made for Adults.Great spinner,Jibber and decent Pipe-Rat,too. In that same style of board,I bought a one-off Arbor 138cm(had the 152's core,so it was stiff enough)that was made for the owner's teenage son.It also spun very well,and could carve a bit too.My favorite "shorty" was my '95 Rad-Air Soul asym 148cm.I rode the living daylights outa that board,putting at least 800 days on it.It's retired due to lack of P-Tex along the edges,but I haven't had the heart to cut it down into a Longboard Skateboard yet... Maybe I will soon,just to keep riding that deck,instead of lamenting that I'll never find another one.

Originally posted by Pre School Rider

Speaking of Room,one of my favorite,but ancient,big boards was the 187cm Gnu Raceroom.My Lordy could that thing fly along!

Are you sure it's 187? Mine is labelled 178, it's gray with the pink carvy thing. I once measured it at actually 182. I've got Elfgen plates on it, if I ever want to ride it I'll have to resurrect my old Koflachs from the basement, the Elfgen's don't fit my Raichles.

I aquired a Tanker 200 (2001, I think - black) for cheap but haven't ridden it yet. Seems lighter than the Raceroom, looks fun.