Note to New Members ×

Td3?

Miltie

how about you guys learn to tighten the bolts every morning?

What makes you think we don't? As others have noted, it's tedious. The top plate screws are usually tight, but the screws that go into the board are another matter.

If performing this chore brings you pleasure, then don't worry about the TD3, I'm sure you'll still be able to do this as often as you like.

For the record, I'm very happy with my TD2s and would gladly ride them until I run out of heel receivers. But there are a couple things that might motivate me to upgrade:

1) Something to keep the board-to-binding mounting screws tight. Perhaps screws with bigger heads, drilled for safety wire. Or maybe old-school hexagonal-head bolts, with a metal plate under them, with tabs that can be bent upward to stop the bolt from rotating. If this problem is solved I will upgrade for sure.

The coating on the Intec heel receivers does a fantastic job of holding the screws in place. Those have never come loose for me. Perhaps the same coating would be helpful on the mounting disc. I don't know if it would really work as well though, due to the relatively squishy nature of wood (as compared bolting metal directly to metal).

2) Improved vibration damping. The TD2 system is clever and effective, but an even more clever fully-floating system might be even more effective. This might be achieved by revising only the center disc, though I'm not sure if there's enough room under there. I might upgrade for this alone. Would probably buy one set to try it and then decide if I wanted another set.

3) Longer lugs on the ends of the bails, and longer threads on the bails. I just want a couple more turns of usable adjustment range. If wouldn't personally upgrade just for this, but if my boot soles were 1-2mm longer then I might think differently.

Somebody mentioned Teflon coatings. That might be neat. However since I started coating my contact areas with a very thin layer of Bomber Butter, I have had very little trouble with snow interference. I just touch a fingertip to the grease, and then smear that around. The angled ramps that meet the pins get a little more.

I only know Fin Doyle and Bob Jenny through this forum, they both seem like people I would like to meet. Only through this forum have I learned that both gentleman have been through some very difficult life events. Amazing to me if these TD3 rumors are true, I don't know how they would be able to pull it off so quickly!

TD3 Race bindings ready for the Vancouver winter Olympics in 2010 would be very cool.

I am not a racer, but it seems to me that many racers are asking for softer boards and a softer boot-binding interface. It is my understanding that the reason many racers are using F2 bindings is the desired movement and softness; the heavy rutted race coarse vibrations are NOT transmitted to the rider by a very stiff binding. Please correct me if this is a misunderstanding. As a recreational rider who often rides very POOR grooming, I feel I would love softer more flexible race style bindings.

For the record, my TD3 wish list:

-TD3 binding would have more movement and an even softer feel

The dream: controllable, micro adjustable binding flex; a BTS equivalent for the binding.

-TD3 binding with much stronger bails on the standard model

-TD3 low profile toe lever

-TD3 bail system that makes it impossible for the bail to flop down

I'd pull the credit card out for these features:)

Spy Photo:

two_piece.jpg

Hey Tex is that a Mistral Ecstasy 167 ( I think the 157 was the same color )?

Yours? Base any good? Always looking.

Hope everyone had a good 4th. Be Free.

My 3 yr old climbed in the back of the Explorer and wouldn't come out. Not even one sparkler. She watched though. My 6 yr old kept telling all the "Safe and Sane" rules she read that I was breaking. Then twirled off a big chunk of sparkler right into the middle of the whole pile. A nervous moment for Dad but no accidental ignitions.

Hate to put a dampner on things, but I doubt we will be seeing Fin's latest innovations until after the lawsuit is finally settled (which, from a look at the court papers, might happen in September - fingers crossed).

BUT, when that happens, I want to be able to get at the base screws without having to remove the top plate. Just a simple little request from an inherently lazy guy who hates undoing 6 extra screws to change boards.

Racers spoke.... we listened...

The new TD3 features:

• More forgiving flexible steel space frame construciton
  • More forgiving bail design with high tech polymer toe lever
  • Adjustable flex!
  • Access to all screws
  • Tool-free sizing adjustment!
  • Configurable cant/lift options
  • larger footprint saves metal topsheets and fragile boards with advanced load distribution
  • Low stack height
  • Cool anodized colors

For an exclusive sneak peek at a TD3 prototype.... CLICK HERE!!

Racers spoke.... we listened...

The new TD3 features:

• More forgiving flexible steel space frame construciton
  • More forgiving bail design with high tech polymer toe lever
  • Adjustable flex!
  • Access to all screws
  • Tool-free sizing adjustment!
  • Configurable cant/lift options
  • larger footprint saves metal topsheets and fragile boards with advanced load distribution
  • Low stack height
  • Cool anodized colors

For an exclusive sneak peek at a TD3 prototype.... CLICK HERE!!

wow, the new leash is burly, so it looks like fin and kemper teamed up! Maybe Jeff Caron is gonna team up with Hooger booger now!

lol

Those are the bindings I was (no longer) riding when I had my simultaneous double ejection and leash breakage incident. Yay Burton!

(OK, to be fair, I don't remember if it was a Burton leash that failed.)

Ejection and breakage...

Then it's child support, but hey, at least you're not married, so there's no alimony.

Hope everyone had a good 4th. Be Free.

My 3 yr old climbed in the back of the Explorer and wouldn't come out. Not even one sparkler. She watched though. My 6 yr old kept telling all the "Safe and Sane" rules she read that I was breaking. Then twirled off a big chunk of sparkler right into the middle of the whole pile. A nervous moment for Dad but no accidental ignitions.

yet another reason to be really careful with fireworks.

A friends brother, about 10 years old, was watching his neighbors light off fireworks, following all the rules - safe distance, fire extinguisher ready, adult supervision etc. He was not actually involved as any more than a spectator.

A roman candle was defective, and shot its fireballs out sideways. One went right into his mouth (dad had pushed his daughter to the ground, but couldn't get the sone down in time). His face and lips showed no sign of the incident, but he spent several weeks in the hospital with sever burns in his mouth and throat.