Note to New Members ×

Scammer story

tex1230

didn't you mention something awhile back about being careful when buying gear from people with a low post count ?

not to rekindle that lil bonfire.:rolleyes:

You DO NOT wanna get on the bad side of the maggot collective.

Karma wears a size 12 Doc Marten boot and it WILL find yer arse:angryfire

and btw, TGR is for fouled mouthed lowlifes, like myself :eplus2:

I would like to encourage any Bombers in Boulder to go this guys house in Boulder and beat his ass. I sold him good condition Megaflex shells for $50 ( apparently the liners had a tear in the ankle area )

Name is Kenneth Caldwell. He lives in Boulder and he works in aviation. his name on bomber is big boy, but he has been banned.

I sent him the boots. He complained about the liners, I said I would hold his check until we figured it out.

Sent him links to inexpensive liners. Curtis contacted him with a pair of liners. I was willing to reimburse Curtis to make this work.

I waited two months after he got the boots and after three weeks of no contact, it started to smell fishy, so I tried to deposit the check. It bounced.

My first email after he notified me of an issue with the liners.

Ken,

I did not pull the liners out of these so I wasn't aware. I stuck my feet in with my footbeds as there were none, but didn't feel that. I might have had my fleece pants on, but maybe the area is lower.

I haven't cashed your check. If you can use them with another liner or investigate liners. If the shell fits I wouldn't hesitate to try a custom liner.

Figure out if you can resolve the liner issue. I would be happy to refund purchase price and/or send your check back if you like. Keep the boots if you can use them. I never even thought to use the stock liners so I didn't fully check them out. I just thought the shells were super clean.

The boots I had like these were the gray and turquoise (I still have those but they are destroyed - all buckles have been replaced with ski buckles ) but I rode about 300 plus days in those with zip fit silicone liners and they were the best boot fit ever. Eventually the liner disintegrated and wouldn't stay in place. The shells are in still intact with no cracks. Wore out the heels particularly on my skating foot from banging the board with sharp edges and slicing it off.

Advise what you would like to do. I have no need of weird karma in the carving world. Should be able to recover part of the cost on eBay. We already have half the cost and I would eat the rest.

Or.......

Best,

Jerry

Next email to him showing options.

http://www.moldableliners.com/

This is part of bomber they have some for $50-$140.

You will still need a footbed too, but at least you were aware of that. Any kind of basic footbed out of hiking boots or a Dr Scholls thing would work just a thin rubber with some arch support.

Custom ones of these start at about $70 and go on up and are well advised but not necessary to learn.

A used ski boot liner ( if you have some) might work. We could also post up online )bomber) to see if anyone has a pair in this size.

Let me know. I am still holding your check pending your approval. I really want you to be happy with the boots and if it means waiting until we see if you can locate a liner that's fine with me.

If you have a ski boot shop close by you might check with them as they might have new liners (removed when custom went in) around too at a great price. And I will check here in Ketchum.

Ski boots and these are really close in liner construction. And you want something that isn't jabbing into you.

Sorry I didn't catch this or I sure would have said something.

Best,

Jerry

His last email to me after his check bounced.

Anyway, I hope you get this email cuz I need your address again.

As soon as I get it I will be shipping the boots back to you.

Kenneth

> To: kbc1902@hotmail.com

> From: jerry@saddletreegallery.com

> Subject: boots

> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 06:48:38 -0700

>

> Ken,

> Long time no hear.

>

> I would like the money or my boots back. So far you have cost me $30

> and I am out the boots.

>

> Go find something cheaper if you like.

>

> Jerry

>

Any wanna be maggots out there in CO?

Maybe I can get this out of my system with this post, there are bad people out there who will try to take advantage. Most bombers aren't thank God.

jerry, unfortunatley there are bol'ers that will take advantage of the generosity of others.

tell me about it :mad:

of-course a couple weeks after airing the dirty laundry here at bomoberonline, brice has e-mailed me twice saying that he would send me a refund... of-course those e-mails are all I have yet recieved :(

Tex,

All aces man. That thread is brilliant.:biggthump

Thanks.

it's just getting warmed up.

almost 1300 posts in just over a week, unreal.

When the photoshop skillz kick in, things get verrry silly over there.

This looks like another Def Jef -esque epic online beat down, stay tuned.

knee slappin' good fun ! DUKES !

Damn. I've been staying out of that thread because I knew it would get long. Now I'll have to go read the whole thing. I'll wait until this evening when I can do it over a beer. Plus I have tons of mini pics to post (you know what I mean if you read TGR - Mammy was fun).

his contact info has been posted, check the last page of the thread.

if nothing else, you'll meet a ton of great maggots in the Boulder area.

I'd say, get the eggs and TP ready :rolleyes:

nudge nudge

wink wink

know what I mean ?

know what I mean ?

:eplus2:

bring a camera :lol:

Cartman from South Park: "I will kick you in the nuts!"

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_iVqtvG94&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_iVqtvG94&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

edit/edit:

my bad, I forgot Jesse is in seattle, not boulder....same rules apply, tho.

CARVEDOG!

i'm in boulder, how can i help :eplus2:

Let me look for his address. Then go get the boots and give them to anyone else but him.

It's not about the money, its about a lying douche bag who didn't do what he said he would do.

If he didn't want them I could have posted them back on eBay or here and gotten something out of them to recover my shipping and bad check fee.

I really don't want to get anyone else mixed up in my stupidity, but I don't want him to gain either.

Thanks, CK.

• 4 weeks later...
I would like to encourage any Bombers in Boulder to go this guys house in Boulder........

Maybe I can get this out of my system with this post, there are bad people out there who will try to take advantage. Most bombers aren't thank God.

Just want to report that with Big Mario's help, the boots are back into a bombers hands. I will try to have them delivered up here to Idaho with a friend.

Thank you so much Mark. Just that someone who I have never met would go out of there way to help someone from the board is why I hang out here with you guys.

:)

So no one needs to have their butt whipped in Boulder. Well that might be pushing it, but at least Ken finally did the right thing.

I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

Just want to report that with Big Mario's help, the boots are back into a bombers hands. I will try to have them delivered up here to Idaho with a friend.

Thank you so much Mark. Just that someone who I have never met would go out of there way to help someone from the board is why I hang out here with you guys.

:)

So no one needs to have their butt whipped in Boulder. Well that might be pushing it, but at least Ken finally did the right thing.

I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

Way To Go Guys!!! I'm glad to hear the Bomber network brought about a good resolution.

I wish I could report the same with my Bomber Classified Deal gone wrong...

Check iIn at post #11 here:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=20351

Brice has agreed to refund my money via e-mail several times over the last three months yet has failed to do so.

Are there any Bombers up in the Toronto area who want to go by and encourage Brice to show some charactor and meet his obligations?