Note to New Members ×

Plenty Snow at Timberline

P06781

Now that my MHM pass is over except for weekends went up to Timberline this last monday for some recon on the palmer snowfield. Didnt buy a ticket but used approach skiis for a possible summit trip. The palmer and magic mile looked great with tons of snow for this time of year. The palmer has hardly been groomed yet with only a lane or two buffed out but looked nice and smooth for the early birds. Ended up summiting Mt Hood and rode a Tanker down from the summit at 2pm in some nicely softened snow. Headed towards the top of illumination rock and followed the zig-zag down to the cut back towards the top of the mile. Someone is setting up the largest snow camp I have ever seen at the base of illumination rock with 15-20 people building a igloo city:confused:

Anyways it is a fine time to make that trip to T-line for some late season riding.....

JIm

post-219-14184225761_thumb.jpg

post-219-141842257614_thumb.jpg

post-219-141842257616_thumb.jpg

Hey it looks like I have memorial day off too....5-26 right. Lets all get together for riding and beers - cookout after?

Jim

Tour or ride again 5-13 ? Anyone ...

I'm pretty sure I could make T-line on 5/26.

Was about 64 at 9am, 72 when we got back to the car at 11:30am. Still, lots of fun till it got sticky and chopped up. Still a ton of snow:biggthump

Nice Galen and that only the magic mile not the palmer up top . My coworker Eric said he saw there today. He rode this morning and came to work at 2pm till midnight. I plan to ride next week tues and wed but windsurfing this weekend.

Jim

Too warm today. Got first turns on SN and west side of MM. Was sticky at 9:30 on the Palmer!:barf: Lifts were real slow cuz of the wind I guess. Car therm said 70 when we got back a little before 10.:lol: Looks like it will be cooler for you next week if you can dodge the rain.:D

Galen, appreciate the updates. Did you only take ONE photo? Come on Dude, give us more!!!

:biggthump

Yup, that's it. Conditions were deteriorating so fast we didnt want to stop.....not that you would know anything about that.:lol::D