Note to New Members ×

I had no idea!

Kimo

Oh yeah....

I read about a Burton bot's experience at Cuchara a few years ago in S. CO.

I've always wanted to stop there. It's about the same place as the Ludlow massacre site and it's about the same place where I want to kill my kids, too...you know, the place where you're tired of driving, have too far yet to go, and getting really stoked about getting to the snow....

Soon I will be there 24/7/365....

I went to a small boarding school in NH for a number of years, and they had an abandoned rope-tow on their property, up a small "mountain". It was powered by an old car (the rope tow went around the car's powered wheel). We poached it a few times after a big dump, it was kinda dangerous because of all the fallen logs, but it was still really fun.

There is a house for rent with a big ski hill behind it and a tow rope. It was for sale a few years ago. It's called ski dallas on dallas divide in CO. The run looks pretty fun and it gets plenty of snow with a north facing aspect. It's on the way to Telluride from Ridgway. Always wanted to do that run on a powder day.

Yah, its a pretty cool site, esp the Lost Resorts section. I stumbled on an ancient ski resort in deep south east Utah -- Monticello's the closest town. Its totally antiquated, and Im hoping to ride my motorcycle to check it out sometimes this summer. (Bluebird? interested? :) )

I also hope to be able to investigate Geneva Basin up close, since it's practically in my back yard (of A-Basin, that is). Hope I can ride my motorcycle up there too, tho its extremely high elevation, so that'll mean i need to do some high elevation jetting on my 2 strokes.

Til then

Cheers!

Lee

I had no Idea that Roundtop had reopened as Bear Creek Mountain Club....in Highschool my girl friend's family had a condo at the bottom of the mountain with ski up access of course at the time it was a closed mountain but the access road to the top was still plowed and they mowed the trails. I sweet talked her into shuttle running me a few times up the mountain so I could bet spring powder turns. Nice mountain