Note to New Members ×

Ok now I'm really poopy

carverchick

Ok so I'm still stoked about going to SES, but it looks like I will not be able to do much riding. I re-injured my leg, it's inflammed and hurts a lot. So I guess I'll have to sit on the sidelines and watch everyone. :(

Say a prayer for me, maybe just maybe I'll be able to get out at least once.

*Sigh*

Stupid high ankle fracture!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Sucks!! Sorry to hear it--Heal well and rapidly.

My shoulder is feeling pretty much normal again. I said I wasn't going to risk it, but I'll be damned if I'm not tempted to head up to Stratton for some empty slopes on Superbowl Sunday ... Maybe this will serve as a warning to me, though the temptation is strong to get back out a week early.

Well I have suffered a high ankle fracture back on Christmas Eve day, but instead of going to the doctor immediately, I continued to ride for 5 more days. By day 6 I was in so much pain, I had no choice but to quit. So when I go back home, I finally went to the doctor and he told me I tore some muscles and fractured my fibula.

So I was wearing an immobilizer for 4 weeks, before going to Lake Tahoe last weekend. I rode all day Saturday and part of Sunday. Now my ankle has started to swell and it hurts to walk. So now I'm not quite sure if I will be able to ride.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the tips Bola. I've been using Arnica, alternating between using Ice and My Chiro even suggested I start taking anything that helps grow bones. I will call my Chiro today to see if he knows about Sombra, if not where can I get some?

Look into the Arnica-based products from these Boulder CO company. I know they work wonders. While at it, see if you can get your hands on Sombra, your Chiro may be able to help if not let me know.

Bola

http://www.allboardssports.com

1-303-415-1600

I'm so sorry to hear that it's taking a bit longer to heal. Swelling is tricky but pain is a different story. If it hurts to ride - dont push it. Can I say - "Thy drinking partner hath arrived"?

Besides, the snow sucks in Colorado right now (that's what I keep telling myself to hide my own dissapointment)

Can't diagnose over the phone/internet.

Just my thoughts: Bone fracture (sounds like a straight forward one from your description) usually heal in 4-6 weeks. But then you also have the ligament tears that may take longer to heal. If it hurts and swell, obviously it needs more medical attention.

Take the advice of other above. Go see your doctor. Re-Xray, physio, etc...

Most ankles stuff needs GRADUAL rehab and mobilization. In fact, if you do it right, gently going back to riding (under medical supervision) may just be what could be ordered. So SES may not be out for you yet.

Good luck.

Thankies Allee! I'm really feeling some love now :1luvu:

I'm going to Urgent care today and have then take xrays and stuff. Hopefully we can get this fixed and at least I'll be able to ride for a little while.

Wish me luck!

I'll drink with you, Felicia - I consider 2.30pm to be a very civilised time to be off the hill and in the bar :D

To keep on par with my proformance at all carving get togethers. I hope to be drunk by 2:30 so if you girls need some one to drink with I am way ahead of ya!:)

My wife was hoping to come this year but can't so I will not be on my best behaviour:eplus2:

You drink you drink you drink: no fall even if its iceee..........

Well considering I didn't get a chance to meet you last year Bordy, I look forward to us cocktailing together. I'm never on my best behaviour even when the boyfriend is around. LOL I'm just joking! I'm a happy drunk, I want everyone to be loved, and everything to be pink and sparkly.

To keep on par with my proformance at all carving get togethers. I hope to be drunk by 2:30 so if you girls need some one to drink with I am way ahead of ya!:)

My wife was hoping to come this year but can't so I will not be on my best behaviour:eplus2:

You drink you drink you drink: no fall even if its iceee..........

Well considering I didn't get a chance to meet you last year Bordy, I look forward to us cocktailing together. I'm never on my best behaviour even when the boyfriend is around. LOL I'm just joking! I'm a happy drunk, I want everyone to be loved, and everything to be pink and sparkly.

Even though Fin begged my to come to SES last year I was busy having my ACL repaired. So I was not around.

I look foward to making up for last year absence with twice the drinking this year!!!:D:D

who knows I may even snowboard while we are there.:barf: unless I feel like this.....

SES the other other reason to drink:eek:

Well considering I may not be able to ride this year, the next best thing to riding is drinking. I still hope to get out for a run or two, I'm going to the doctors later today to see what they tell me. Otherwise like Toby Keith says "I'm gonna get my drink on"!:rolleyes:

Even though Fin begged my to come to SES last year I was busy having my ACL repaired. So I was not around.

I look foward to making up for last year absence with twice the drinking this year!!!:D:D

who knows I may even snowboard while we are there.:barf: unless I feel like this.....

SES the other other reason to drink:eek: