Note to New Members ×

Are newer Jacket really better..

Shred Gruumer

Sum thinngs Ive lerned -

-when determining stance width, you must take your jacket size and color into consideration

-look at the pros, they're not wearing a Steelers starter jacket are they? Only a full zylon jacket will win races

-to get the most out of your riding experience you need to have at least 2 jackets to go with each board you own - more if you change your stance often - and even more depending on your cants. You will never have fun if you don't do what I say.

-for your jacket colors, red is faster than white and green but not pink. black works better in low light, blue for sun. yellow is best for all around riding

-any jacket that is older than 5 years is not safe any longer - your nipples could freeze and shatter. don't ride in an old jacket - you are endangering yourself and everyone around you - unless it's a Madd jacket. then you're OK

-zippers should always be fully zipped. there's a reason they call them zippers you know!!!!

-just because your jacket fits doens't mean that it fits. you could be in great peril - or even worse, you could be in danger

-never ride with your armpit vents open, this is only for walking to your car - there's a reason they call it walk mode you know!!!!

-be careful out there - the wrong jacket can kill you, plain & simple.

-there's a reason they call them jackets you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean with all this new tech fabric out there is really worth the price you pay for the minimal improvement in looks or in enhanced techniques capable..

I ride fine in them for me its about the fit..

The only jacket worth anything is the stealth jacket that lets you disappear when you want. Most don't know about. It takes something on the line of a jedi mind trick to work best, but only works with the right materials. Handy to disappear around newbie Courtesy Patrol that don't know about laydown carver style and get excited to try to bust you.

Warmth is for sissies. Style is for sissies. Pit zips are for sissies.

Black is to high Tech... Silver is a fall back that never goes out of style.. If you can find green or Brown... the will help score points and extra teeth maybe awarded...

Yes.. patiently waiting for X3!!! wait... X2.... then X3..krap!

Suxs to have the topsheet done and then all Bruce does is type on the internet.. I mean come on really!! :ices_ange:1luvu:

Probabley testing this morning as your reading this...hehe...:)

Dude, are you kidding me? Have you even ridden the new jackets? Old jackets just can't compare to the new materials. Just look at this photo of a nearly 30 year old jacket that I got used 20 years ago.

snowboard006.jpg

If it were a new jacket, the hole would be at least 5-10% smaller! :nono:

Hey, I still wear my old Concept jacket (or anorak?) from 1995 with a half zip and a big kangaroo pocket up front. It has a breathable waterproof coating and sealed stitching. The colours are still in fashion. Why wear a new jacket when the old one still works? Same thing with my mitts, 1995 Ride mitts with Kevlar everywhere. Some stitches had to be done, the line was changed, not waterproof nor wind resistant, but they are indestructible! I've had those longer than my board, bindings and boots!:flamethro

Eagles,

My wife had jacket intervention with me. Like work boots and work around the yard boots, I love jackets for some reason and I am absoutely loving this thread. Especially when I had kicked around and idea for outwear last year.

With jackets, I'm like a dog to a hydrant when I walk into a gear store. Excited, relieved, but then I have to walk away.

I love carve dogs quote

"Warmth is for sissies. Style is for sissies. Pit zips are for sissies."

I am going thru helping my cousin get newer gear, he would wear a burlap sack (First Blood Style) to go skiing on his 215 staright skis if I let him. I gave him one of my wicking skull caps last winter and he wont shut up about it.

Seething sarcasm is the best, one of my other interventions.

The new jackets with the built in sound system will have a marked improvedment in your riding, but I wouldn't buy one yet. Rumor has is that next season Burton will offer a fully titinal jacket with sound, bluetooth compatible, fire-proof, and it will come with you own pet monkey (not the mean ones like you find in Costa Rica, the nice ones like in King Kong).

And I don't mean I luv..Jack...no offense Jack..your great and all...:)

Im a Jacketaholic..can't stop buying them..One looks cooler than the next..and its a case of the "gotzta haves" I get em bad..especially when they say chit like 'mountain Hardware" the name alone suggests you will ride better..

Or you'll carve up the mountain and attack it like some Japanese Monster movie Staring! "Arc Tyrex"....

Right Said Shred

The new jackets with the built in sound system will have a marked improvedment in your riding, but I wouldn't buy one yet. Rumor has is that next season Burton will offer a fully titinal jacket with sound, bluetooth compatible, fire-proof, and it will come with you own pet monkey (not the mean ones like you find in Costa Rica, the nice ones like in King Kong).

I recently upgraded my old jacket with a trunk monkey and I must be going faster now because I never see anyone passing me anymore!

:flamethro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkZcG_pgp0Q

post-2022-141842248213_thumb.jpg

post-2022-141842248214_thumb.jpg