Note to New Members ×

Washington Carvers...

Sean

PNW area carvers:

It's snowing in the hills and the local areas are already threatening to open up, so perhaps we ought to start throwing some dates out for some local carve get togethers.

Just got off the phone with Art and we were thinking we could do a Fri & Sat local SES style event once a month beginning with either Jan 9th/10th or the 23rd/24th at Crystal Mtn. We could then horrify the fine folks at Baker and Stevens in the following months with our railing prowess. We figure the Fri/Sat deal should allow the folks with flexible work schedules to comingle with the nine to fivers for at least one of the two days, but we are always up for suggestions.

As an added bonus, this season I will have on hand a selection of Donek demos as well as some TD's and TD2's that I could bring up to the hill if we have enough interest in checking out Fin and Sean's fine gear.

Soooo, what do you guys think about the January dates? Hows about us guys & gals behind the Cascade curtain start to get the ball rolling on this!

Takers?

Anyone want to help organize it?

-Sean:D:

Jan 9 and 10th sounds good to me. Tricia and I are in Whistler on the 23-27th of Jan to celebrate birthday. I'll help organize if needed. Still retired but the company I mentioned a couple of weeks ago is threating to send me an offer I can't refuse. I'll have to make the day of Jan 9th a condition of any employment agreement. Looking forward to riding with you again Sean!

Al

Hey Sean, I'll be getting back to Seattle on Jan 3 or so and I think I can make it on either the 9th or 10th (probably not both though).

Of course, that depends on someone giving me a ride. (Yes, here I am, begging for rides again. I swear that when I get out of school I'll buy my own damn car.) Anyone willing to swing by the U-district on one of those dates?

Cheers,

Dan

I will be there also , My niece lives near Tacoma...so I could drive up with some of the PDX crew and stay there....

How about something in December? We are looking...hoping that hood will open by next week if the current NWS holds and the snowlevel stays low enough...

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/wrhq/TotalForecast.csh?TotalForecast+Portland+OR+011

Jim

sounds great, I've been wanting to check out crystal. Any local's tips on loding for those of us who might wanna do two days?

I was at timberline yesterday. There's a solid layer of concrete with some fresh falling on top, maybe 12 inches on the lower mountain. Looks pretty good for this comming weekend, though the weather forcast looks dangerously warm. I hope meadows can open on the 29th.

I'll probibly be up at timberline next weekend. Heck, this weekend two aquantances built a 22 foot long funbox and hauled it up there to timberline yesterday to set it up on the bunny hill :D

All,

Looks like we should shoot for Crystal on Jan 9/10. Since Al is semi retired and offered to help with this, I will have him start a roster. His callsign on the forum is C5 golfer, so please email him if you are interested in attending. If the numbers are big enough we should be able to get a break on tickets and work some angles out on lodging on the hill.

I will plan to have a bunch of Donek and Bomber demos and maybe bring up some entry level gear and do an intro to carve clinic if there is enough interest.

In the meantime, if anyone is heading up to the hills anytime soon, post it here and maybe we can get a group of alpine regulars together for turns at some local areas. I'm partial to Crystal midweek.

See you on the slopes soon - it's chucking snow in the Cascades!

-Sean

sean and all, i will mark the 9th and 10trh but i will probobly only attend one day due to stacey working on the 10th. in the mean time i will post whenever i ride but it will probably be on somewhat short notice and mostly mid week. i too will help in any way possible and i may be able to provide a ride as well from the south end at least. its snowing and im in lousy shape so the season is neigh!:D

Originally posted by Sean

All,

Looks like we should shoot for Crystal on Jan 9/10. Since Al is semi retired and offered to help with this, I will have him start a roster. His callsign on the forum is C5 golfer, so please email him if you are interested in attending. If the numbers are big enough we should be able to get a break on tickets and work some angles out on lodging on the hill.

-Sean

Yes, please email me your info so I can put together a PNW Crystal/Stevens Carving list. email me your name , address , phone number (s), email address, and I will publish a directory of PNW Carvers. I am already working my old man legs so I don't want to hear you young bucks saying you're tired after a couple hours of hard riding when we meet up. The way it is snowing I bet we can get together in December for a one day Sat or Sun ride and I should be getting my Coiler soon. My email is Niblick5@msn.com:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I would refresh this post to see if there is still some interest. I will probably be able to attend both days and could help with the demos on both days. I was just up at crystal this week and the snow was great. Ill also be up on the 19th of december as well as the 29, 30 and 31st. If anybody wants to hook up let me know. :D

Originally posted by Art

I thought I would refresh this post to see if there is still some interest. I will probably be able to attend both days and could help with the demos on both days. I was just up at crystal this week and the snow was great. Ill also be up on the 19th of december as well as the 29, 30 and 31st. If anybody wants to hook up let me know. :D

Art.. I am planning on the Jan meet but can only attend on the 10th-- hope ski school has not started yet! I can go on the 29th or 30th of Dec , maybe others out there can too and we can make a group ride. My son is going to try out hardboots tomorrow at Stevens so he may join us in Jan as well.:)