Note to New Members ×

How often do you wipe out?

carverchick

My hardest crashes are also previously documented here. My mots hilarious one in recent memory is getting off the lift. My wife is next to me on the Skyliner lift @ Bacehlor. Not sure why but she kinda grabs my arm when pushing off the chair and it has the effect of pushing me right where she needs to be. I catch me edge and go Splat. She is heading straight towards me. Without thinking, I catch her, let her momentum carry her over me, board and all, and set her down on the other side of me. Disaster averted!

She's into modern dance, and was thinking "wow - if only we had some video of that - my (dance) instructor would think it was so cool"

Oh yeah. I have minor crashes at least 3 or 4 times a day. One day I'll be too old for that, but not yet (37). For someone who's never trained in martial arts, I fall pretty well :D

Stopped hopping in the half-pipe about 12 years ago. Until then, I was the guy bombing down the hill then continuing into the pipe while those little kids were hiking up side the pipe all day long. Couldn't pull many tricks because I never invested too much time in the pipe but going as fast as I did, I'd easily clear over the heads of anybody standing around the walls. I'd always hear some kids yelling about waiting your turn or what not but #1, lines back then tended to begin right on top of the pipe = no speed, no air. #2. Lines were always 20 snot nosed punks long.

On one particular run, I went pretty big I think . . . then the next thing that hit was my frontside edge on the top of the wall. Then the next thing that hit was my face on the bottom flat area of the pipe. Blood spilled out from my eyes, nose, mouth. Pipe line Karma? Never went in the pipe again.

Since that incident, I've gone slower and smaller every year. Still crash once in a while but usually while walking down stairs while holding a coffee in one hand and the board on the other. Used to hit lipped drop offs without even ever spotting the landings . . . Now I see some big jump and I feel like puking and I swear I can hear my knees and lower back say, "No, you don't . . ."

Did a nice head plant in freshie bumps showin' off under the lift just yesterday with some hard core buddies watching:lol:

In 25 yrs of ski bumming I do remeber a few days that I didn't at least do a head roll, but that was high alpine back country. I still catch an edge & body slam in front the wetbutts blocking the run entrance once in a great while, much to their joy:nono:

Usually crash 3-5 times a day, but not really crashes as much as folding/burying the nose, skidding out when on edge hard, etc. Probably poor technique mixed with inconsistent conditions that cause it more than just crashing. Not many issues anymore off the lifts but there's always the occasional "assisted" fall when loading/unloading.

OMG, I fall ALL the time. I usually take one really good crash a day, but I bounce off the hill a couple of times a run. Losing toeside edges is the usual, leading to a high speed slide down the hill while attached to the board ... good for spectators, bad for gear.

On one particular run, I went pretty big I think . . . then the next thing that hit was my frontside edge on the top of the wall. Then the next thing that hit was my face on the bottom flat area of the pipe. Blood spilled out from my eyes, nose, mouth. Pipe line Karma? Never went in the pipe again.

I broke my collarbone doing that same maneuver, about 10 years ago.

Washouts and such don't count as crashes... It probably averages about once a run that I do that. But then again that's 300ft of vert... Well, maybe once every other run... As for real crashes, last year I had 4 or 5 pretty good ones (ie, head bouncing off the ground). Nothin I'd really count as a crash this year yet. *knocking on wood*

Ok so I'm a little bored today and my right shin hurts, so I figure I would start this thread. How often have you been riding your arse off and taken a spill? Al and I went riding this weekend, and as we were getting off the chairlift, I misread the direction he was going. Rather than allow my board to hit, or run into Al,

Ok guys -- must be a different Al - it was not me --Honest TG :biggthump

first, I think we must define "crash".

collision ? yard sale ? high side ? shot out of a cannon ? rag doll ?

........or just landing on yer bum ?

I would say everything but the last...at least when I've had each of the above listed befall me I considered them to be a crash

You're never too good to make a fool of yourself in a liftline. I once projectile vomited Red Bull in front of a whole liftline. Didn't hurt but it was pretty embarrassing to see that orange splot all day.

If this thread was most embarassing moments this would have to be the front runner.

Usually crash 3-5 times a day, but not really crashes as much as folding/burying the nose, skidding out when on edge hard, etc. Probably poor technique mixed with inconsistent conditions that cause it more than just crashing. Not many issues anymore off the lifts but there's always the occasional "assisted" fall when loading/unloading.

yeah

Also, if you dont crash hard at least once every few days, youre not going trying hard enough

I think this falls in the assisted fall cat.Testing out a modifacation to the split board in split mode and am happily swooshin away,snow falling gently when i come to s stop. Enoying the view with a big smile on my face but all of a sudden i have this feeling to look up the slope.What i see is a 12year old in tuck position with no goggles on and eyes closed heading straight for me!!!!!!

iIm like a deer caught in headlights because it felt like forever before he hit me straight on gashing up my leg and snaping one of my poles.

ankle biters 1 john 0

to make matters worse the father rides up and goes" thats sucks but ride at your own risk" :eplus2:

to make matters worse the father rides up and goes" thats sucks but ride at your own risk" :eplus2:
I would have hit him and made sure that he didn't get up quickly....ride at your own risk my a$$, personal responsibility and responsibility for that which you bring into the world.... :angryfire I do my best to remain in control at all times and if I am in the wrong I readily admit to it and apologize (like i did last weekend when I scared the pink moving slalom cone)

I would have hit him and made sure that he didn't get up quickly....ride at your own risk my a$$

Then you can tell him, "Ride at your own risk . . ." Actually, there isn't much difference between punching a guy or running him over with your skis is there?

My worst wrecks in the last year have all involved rich old bastards on skiis with tunnel vision:angryfire I had a guy overtake me and another boarder on a cat trak. He passes my friend on the outside and immediately veers infront of him and tucks his poles under his arms ( nearly impaling me ) I go toeside to avoid being speared and the knothead proceeds to begin skating and drives his right ski under my board via the heelside.

After hearing some of the vile sewage that spilled out of my mouth upon landing he stopped and looked absolutely amazed . He said , and I am not lying , where did you come from:smashfrea :smashfrea :smashfrea

I wear armor now and I agresssively defend my space on the planet:eplus2: :eplus2: