Note to New Members ×

Coiler - 2008 Flame top sheet on metal

Pat Donnelly

:freak3:

Shoot me an email. I just updated my profile with the correct info.

I will be out there Sat Morning, last Sat I went to Holly.

I will probably cut the Lexan risers for my board tonight. Make sure I have her ready to go for Sat.

I will post pic's of my EX in a new thread tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

DUDES!!! "On Fire" :biggthump

Really , really HOT! guys. Love em.

Mike, let me know how durable the top sheet is against chips?

You know, the getting on the chair letting my park board spin hap hazardly and jamb into the sidewall then give you a "What?" look.

One side effect of "Early Season" boards is being allot more relaxed about who is loading next to me on the chair.

These flame top sheets have always been a hit of Bruce's and this one has really stepped it up!! Congrats!! They are gorgeous!!

And the photo is even oriented? Nicely done Jim!!

Would you like to have it cropped? :cool::eplus2::nono:

Yeah, pure luck on the orientation. cropping is good. I haven't had the time to do more than point and shoot. :rolleyes:

Had a 20 something jibber hack my board accidentally on purpose last season while riding up with me and his buddy on three seat chair. I calmly asked him if he reeeaaally wanted to f__k with me. I said that I didn't mind getting down if that was what he really wanted. Both he and his friend kinda paled before sheepishly asking me about my Coiler. We all got off the chair as friends. :eplus2:

DUDES!!! "On Fire" :biggthump

Really , really HOT! guys. Love em.

Mike, let me know how durable the top sheet is against chips?

You know, the getting on the chair letting my park board spin hap hazardly and jamb into the sidewall then give you a "What?" look.

One side effect of "Early Season" boards is being allot more relaxed about who is loading next to me on the chair.

These flame top sheets have always been a hit of Bruce's and this one has really stepped it up!! Congrats!! They are gorgeous!!

If you are at the OES you can check out my blue flamed 170 EX topsheet after being run over on an uneven, bare, gravely parking lot by a loaded driver in an Outback with both tires at Kirkwood. Looks great and is still my main board...at least until there is enough coverage in Tahoe for the new AM. I need to post a pic of the carnage.

Had a 20 something jibber hack my board accidentally on purpose last season while riding up with me and his buddy on three seat chair. I calmly asked him if he reeeaaally wanted to f__k with me. I said that I didn't mind getting down if that was what he really wanted. Both he and his friend kinda paled before sheepishly asking me about my Coiler. We all got off the chair as friends. :eplus2:

Maybe I am wrong here, but if someone hacks my board "on purpose", the last thing we are is friends. I know there are people out there that can be the bigger man about things like this but F!ck him if he chooses to mark my Coiler. Hard to pick up broken Chicklets on the ground from the chair.

D. :biggthump

Maybe I am wrong here, but if someone hacks my board "on purpose", the last thing we are is friends. I know there are people out there that can be the bigger man about things like this but F!ck him if he chooses to mark my Coiler. Hard to pick up broken Chicklets on the ground from the chair.

D. :biggthump

It was a casual kick to his board to loosen the snow on the deck that went sideways into my board...on purpose. I did humble him in front of his buddy and my board was two years old and had already been run over by a Subaru the year before. Then there is always that problem of his buddy being a biased witness as I get my season pass yanked, or worse.

Plenty of arrests in my neighborhood on solo surfers being jumped by several other surfers that cry assault when that one guy kicks their asses. I don't believe taking the oath in court makes scum tell the truth. I didn't get arrested when that happened to me because I was a local and I didn't cripple the guy that jumped me, but I hope to some day. :D

so what are the specs.....very nice BTW

length - 185

effective edge - not sure

waist - 19.5

sidecut - 13.7/17

taper - 20mm

setback - I think Bruce said 8 cm. Quite a bit

flex - 7.0

I pretty much just asked Bruce for "a metal GS board". He asked me if I was interested in trying the new-school race design and what waist width I would like, and he did the rest. Rather than tell you anything more I'll simply suggest rereading Bruce's earlier post on this thread.

I have the bindings set up centered on the inserts at angles of 53/52 or so. I can't believe I sam saying this early in the season when we need more base depth, but I am *so* excited for the next firm to hardpacked day so I can really find out what she can do (or more accurately, how well I can do aboard her). The glimpse I got from my half dozen or so runs yesterday morning, before is started snowing sideways, was exciting... but this is definitely NOt a board that is at its best in soft groomies!

thanks I was really wondering about the numbers you provided....too big for what I want but I love the shape. I wonder how small that shape can be used....dreaming....I've got to retire and find another job before I can think of a new board.

I ordered 5 boards for me and friends, Pat who started this thread was one of them. Everyone wanted the new flame so I had to show my feminine side and ordered his new flower design. here it is with another one of the flamers. I hope the sizing is big enough to appreciate how pretty she is but the site will only let me post up to so big :mad::mad:

Joel

post-242-141842244364_thumb.jpg

No, Mike can NOT post a picture of the schtubby until I get mine :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

JoelP

Joel has spoken! You can always look through Shred Grummer's posts, mine (which was actually Bruce's own board for quite a while) doesn't have the Shred nose and just the black solid Coiler topsheet though.